••• Chapter 19 •••

June 30
0 days

My alarm clock blares at 8:00 in the morning. Without a moment of hesitation, I turn it off and sit up quickly.

Today is probably the only day of my life when I won't complain about getting up before 10:00 in the middle of summer.

3 more hours.

I look in the mirror and notice how different I look than every other morning. I'm smiling, and my face seems to be glowing. I turn my phone on and swipe right on my iMessage notification.

Tobias: Good morning baby. I know you're still asleep, but I thought I'd let you know that I'm on my way to the airport. Well, I'm about to be. I swear I'm not texting and driving. I love you so much. I'll see you really soon. Only a few more hours and I finally get to hold you.

I want to reply and tell him to have a safe flight, but he's already in the air now with his phone on airplane mode. At least, I'm assuming he is.

I put my phone back on the charger and grab my clothes and a towel before hopping in the shower, squealing too many times to count.

I've been looking forward to today since Christmas.

I've waited for six months and five days, and it's finally happening.

»»»

I've been awake for an hour, and my smile hasn't decreased even a little bit. I'm laying on my bed scrolling through Instagram to pass the time. I've already taken my calendar picture for Snapchat.

For the whole time I've known Tobias, even when we were just best friends, I never thought this day would come. And now that it's here, I can't control my excitement.

I'm already dressed in the outfit Christina and picked out yesterday. I stand up, slipping on some white socks and my grey Adidas shoes. I run to my mom's room trying really hard not break something or wake up Caleb. My dad's already at work, so that's not an issue.

"Mom!" I yell.

She groans, rolling over to face me. "Yes?"

"Wake up," I tell her excitedly. "We have an hour and I want to be at the airport early."

We live twenty minutes away from the airport.

She chuckles. "Give me a few minutes and I'll be down."

"Hurry," I laugh. "I don't want to leave without you."

»»»

I'm at the airport, people moving in so many different directions around me. I can't believe so many eyes are about to witness the best moment in my entire sixteen years of life. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

My mom started recording on her phone when we got here ten minutes ago, claiming she wants to document all of my excitement so that her grandchildren can see how excited I was to meet their dad for the first time.

Her words. Not mine.

Any minute now, I'll see him walk through this door.

The banging feeling in my chest is increasing with every second that passes. I don't think my heart has ever best this fast. For some reason, I'm nervous. I can't tell you why, but I am.

The nerves I'm feeling are nothing compared to the excitement.

I'm jumping up and down. Because I can't stand still or keep tiny squeals from escaping my lips, people are staring. I've never liked attention, but at the moment I couldn't care less who is looking at me. Any minute now, I'll be with the most important person in my life.

As I continue to look around, releasing another tiny squeal, it happens. I freeze for a second before the tiny squeal turns into a full blown shriek of happiness.

I see him.

His brown hair and striking blue eyes that I've only ever seen through my phone and laptop screen are closer than they've ever been to me.

He's walking closer to me, eyes squinted, looking around. As soon as he sees me, he smiles the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face. A tear escapes my eye and rolls down my cheek. Before anything else happens, I run. He's several feet away, and I just can't seem to run fast enough.

When I'm about a foot away, Tobias drops his bags, reaches out his arms, and bends his knees slightly. A second later, my arms are around his neck. He stands up and I wrap my legs around him. He grabs my thighs with one arm and the other goes around my waist, holding me tightly against him. The impact of my jump causes him to take a few steps backwards, but he quickly regains his position.

I snuggle my face into his neck. His scent already seems to make me feel safe. He smells like sweat, metal, and something distinctly male.

He does smell like that sweatshirt he gave me on Valentines Day.

He's squeezing me tightly, almost as if I'll disappear if he lets go. I don't care though. I don't care about anything other than the fact that I'm finally hugging my boyfriend.

For a few minutes, neither of us speak. We just stay in that position, holding each other for the first time.

I'm so happy. I don't think anything can ever beat this moment. I've been waiting for this for almost two years, and it finally happened.

I'm hugging him.

After a while, Tobias decides to break the silence. "Hey, babygirl," he whispers into my hair, and I feel his tears on my scalp. I can feel his slow breathing against my neck, and I love it.

My heart swells, and I can't seem to form words. "Hi." My voice is something between a whisper and a squeak. He laughs and sets my feet on the ground. I pull back for a second to look into his eyes like I've dreamed of doing so many times before wrapping my arms around his torso, hugging him even tighter than before. His arms are around my neck, and he's holding me just as tight.

"You're real," I mumble into his chest, unable to control my emotions. He's here. He's really here, holding me.

He chuckles and replies, "Yeah. I'm real." My eyes meet his again, and neither of us miss the tears in each other's eyes. "I love you. I love you so much, Tris Prior."

"I love you too, Tobias. More than you'll ever know."

I lean my head against his chest again.

And it's in this moment that I realize, my life is perfect and I couldn't ask for anything more. We finally broke the distance.

A/N: NO. THIS BOOK ISN'T OVER! I'm no where close to being finished. (I decided to keep it at only one book.) THEY FINALLY MET, AND I GOT EMOTIONAL WRITING THIS.

Word count: 1110
Updated on 05/31/19