The Legend

Legend speaks of a hero, a hero of legend.

This hero, born from necessity for courage and the goddesses’ ultimate design, has been waited for through the ages.

He is to be a symbol of the end of a long hated curse and the return of a power from the Creation.

If he should succeed, then Hyrule will endure peace forever.

If he should fail, then the Dark Lord will consume all.

            Legend speaks of the Creation. The three Golden Goddesses descended from the heavens. With their divine light, they created the world and all that endured there. 

            Din, Goddess of Power, created the earth.

            Nayru, Goddess of Wisdom, gave law and magic to the land.

            Farore, Goddess of Courage, birthed all the races that would live there.

            And this is the legend passed down by the ages.

            But.

            There is an error to this tale. Nothing to blame the people of Hyrule about, since they could not control it from happening. An error all the same though, and something that is shaping the face of Hyrule as we know it.

            Over the past eras, the Goddesses have allowed their will to break, and their land take on its own shape. Their “heroes” have taken their own legacies, following little of the Goddesses' entire design. They have created their own legends for Hyrule to remember.

            Yet, the omission in the legend intends to change that. Its return has been slow, and the collapsing timelines are slowly following. For they indeed have begun to merge again. Histories are being blended. Now, a Shrine stands in the middle of Hyrule Field, honoring all heroes of legend that have defeated the Demon Lord, from all histories.

            Now, that omission has decided to end this cycle of heroes being reborn. To do this, it must guide the Hero of the Fourth Goddess to his destiny.

            And so our tale begins…