t w e I v e

"Ew,no." Snowlene gagged as Nadia held up a yellow striped turtle neck.

"It's cute." Nadia pouted.

"It's ugly-where's the manager? That shit needs to get burnt."

"Hush, I'll take it." Nadia dumps it into the cart.

They continued to walk around the clothing shop. School was starting in a couple of days and boy was Snow nervous, she hasn't been to school in a while and being around people five days of the week wasn't her fortè. Nadia seemed to be the most excited, hence why they're shopping for new outfits.

When they were done, they sat outside of Burger King to retrieve a quick lunch.

"Who you smiling at?" Nadia asked suspiciously, as her neice kept smiling at her phone.

"Huh?" Snowlene blushed." Just some thing Antwon sent me."

"Who?" Nadia only ever heard that name from Snowlene, once.

"Antwon. He works at Footlocker aswell,and me and him are great friends."

"Hmm..." She squints her eyes, biting into her burger.

Snow looked down at her phone when it chimed, she was hoping it was Chris but he hasn't spoken to her since the party which was four days ago. Deep down she knew he was upset about the fact that she had said she didn't need him when he was offering a shoulder to cry on. She didn't want him to think she was weak to be running to him when her days became dark. But she was sure to go to his place after her and Nadia are done at the mall, she knows when she does start school she'll have less time to actually spend time with Chris.

She decided the best thing to do was say she was going to come over, to talk that is.

Chris🌞💗

Hey, I hope you don't mind
but I'm coming over. I want to
talk.

---

Snow punched in the code for the gate causing it to open. Chris had given it to her a month ago, she might aswell use it to her advantage. Walking up the long driveway she walks past all his luxurious cars before knocking on the glass door.

She could hear muffled music inside so she took a chance and turned the door knob, surprisingly it opened and she quickly made her way inside. Following the music she never heard she ended up upstairs and down the hall where the door was cracked slightly open.

Chris sat at his sound board,  bobbing his head to a song playing through the speakers. Snow could only see slightly and tried to move at a different angle causing the floor board to creak under her feet.

"Shit." She cursed out loud, Chris snapped his head towards the door and Snowlene tried to quickly back away but the door swung open revealing a shirtless and tired looking Chris.

"Snow?" His eyebrows knitted together.

"C-Chris...I...I...uh..." She was speechless as she tried to come up with a lie.

He licked his lips, studying her actions"Watchu' doing here?"

Snowlene sighed, running her hand through her flat ironed hair." I-I came to talk, you've been ignoring me for almost a week."

"I've been busy." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"But...But can we talk?" She asked with pleading eyes.