SIX

〰️➿〰️
The Red Eyed Man: Worthlessness
〰️➿〰️
Orochimaru! I want to hiss at him, but there's a small snake wrapped around my mouth, preventing me from speaking. Coupled with whatever ninjutsu the Snake Sage used to keep me still, I can't speak at all.

Of course he knows that, his dark gold eyes are shimmering with barely concealed mirth. He speaks nonchalantly, as if he's done this before. (Knowing him, he probably has.)

"I have made progress," he begins, pushing away my anger for curiosity. "So far, the seal can reassemble separate body parts and control them like a puppet. I even arranged a visit to see the girl in question. She still looks very beautiful, although I believe humans are at their prime beauty when dead."

She's not dead, I think. Of course one of the Legendary Three can visit her leauges before a kid Uchiha.

"Do you have more ideas as to how your little seal works? Currently, I fail to see immortality." Orochimaru leans in closely. "I'd prefer you not waste my time and resources, or I'll expect a swift repayment."

He removes the snake. I tell him everything I spoke with Itachi about, minus name-dropping my brother who doesn't deserve to be involved.

"And who will provide this machine," he asks once I've finished. "Are you a self-made boy? Do your abilities extend to crafting?"

"Definitely not." I remember I tried to fix a toaster once. I ended up breaking it further, to put it lightly. "But for sealing parts, can you do that?"

"Certainly," he scowls.

To have to trust someone like him... have I gone too far? Is this really right?

Shut up. If you don't do this, he'll leave the Leaf, join Akatsuki. If Ryou has no reason to follow Sasuke's path, then she won't learn from the snake and the next gen Three won't exist.

That's even if the Legendary Three is somewhat close to canon. Now with Sasuke a girl (one job, Father, one job), I can't determine if Sakura will be there, or another girl, or even another boy.

I have no choice.

"Although, I wonder," Orochimaru says bemusedly. "Her brain is intact but her body is useless. Can this technique work around this?"

If it can work on puppets...

"It's possible. If we implement chakra rods throughout her body, anything can move so long as she uses her chakra."

"But would that expend more effort? There is another, more easy way."

I look at him warily. "Eh?"

Orochimaru closes his eyes as he smiles. "I can clone her."

I grit my teeth.

"This is nothing like the Shadow Clone Technique. I can make her a completely new body, but it would not have her consciousness, memories, nor identical chakra structure. Think of it as a pretty dress for her to wear. If that is the case, will your immorality technique work?"

We are making all these decisions for her. Bit by bit, it's like we're removing everything making her human.

So creepy.