13

Emma stepped out of a black unmarked vehicle

Emma stepped out of a black unmarked vehicle. She was in New York, but in a top secret facility. She had been contacted by Nick Fury to come to this facility, so she was taken from home to the city.

Emma knew that Pepper wasn't completely okay with the idea of letting Emma go, despite the fact Emma knew how to take care of herself and that she wasn't a child.

When Emma stepped a bit forward, she heard the car door be shut for her. She turned around seeing men in suits behind her.

"Follow us, Miss Stark." The gentlemen says.

Emma nods and followed the two men inside. From the outside, to the public the building looked like a standard office building in New York. But that was a front to everyone. It was like some sort of secret S.H.I.E.L.D. building or at least an attempt to be S.H.I.E.L.D..

As Emma walked through the main lobby, she saw many people dressed practically similar to the gentlemen doing from room to room or to elevators.

The men led her to an elevator that was painted a different color than the other ones. She gives them an eyebrow raise.

"Um- where are we going?" Emma asks.

One of the men looked at her, "Everything will be explained to you soon." He says.

He pressed the red button and then the doors opened. Emma stepped in behind the men, standing in front of them. She saw the guy on her right press the button leading to the underground level.

That surprised her. An underground level. She wouldn't have considered that.

The ride down was quick, and when the doors opened, she sees the men gesture her to step out. Emma glanced at them and then took a few steps out. The elevator doors shut behind her and she was in this underground high tech hide out alone, or so she thought.

"Miss Stark," A familiar voice says, "So wonderful of you to show up."

Emma rolls her eyes, "Nick Fury, what do I owe the pleasure of coming to your secret cave?"

Nick stepped into her sight. He had been leaning against the wall near the elevator. Emma's eyes glance from Nick to the room, there were agents or so she thought were agents working in the room. Looking through monitors and filling out paperwork.

Emma glanced at him, "What is this? Big Brother?" She asks.

Nick shakes his head, "Hell no. In wake of what happened with Thanos, we need to make sure we are always on alert in case of another attack." He said.

Emma smirks, "Great, now something to look forward to when I go home is if someone is watching me through my webcam." She says.

Emma watched as Nick walked over to her. He looked fearless and stoic, just as Tony had told her about the man. He looked down at her, seeing as she is quite shorter than him.