Ch.21: Silver Tongue

Tyra stands in front of the pair with a large grin on her face as Lyn and Rayne look on confused by her words as their memories seem to change. She walks closer holding out her knife as Lyn holds her head in confusion she raises her hand and swings it down. Almost on instinct Lyn slices upwards and cuts into Tyra casing her to jump away from here.

"Damn still not enough." She says snapping her tongue.

"I, my head hurts," Lyn says forcing herself to stand. "I don't know if what you said about Avalon is right, but I feel like I can't let you take it away."

Rayne steps forward holding out a small red crystal. "Listen, it's her Prou, she can somehow twist our memories. She's not someone that we can believe, we need to keep her here at all cost until we can sort this out."

"The Elf is one thing, but Lyn is a pain." She takes her knives and readies herself for battle. "I guess I'll have to actually try for once!"

Tyra charges ahead slicing at Lyn with her knives as Lyn blocks with her sword. Lyn watches as Tyra leaps around her and looks to find some form of an opening. When Tyra leaps in closer, Lyn slices upwards cutting into her face and causing Tyra to jump back away.

"Damn it, still so damn skilled, aren't you?" Tyra asks annoyed. "Is that how you treat someone that's your best friend?"

Lyn holds her head in confusion as her head pulses with pain. "Damn it."

"Lyn, you can't believe that lie, can you?" Rayne asks curiously. "After all your best friend is standing right behind you."

Lyn seems to jump up confused as the pain in her head stops and she looks back at Rayne. "Oh right, Rayne is my best friend."

"I think I've figured it out," Rayne says happily. "Her Prou is annoying, to say the least, but as a psychological skill goes, it's quite worthwhile."

"Huh?" Lyn asks confused.

Tyra glares at Rayne and charges ahead. "Don't talk like you understand me!"

Tyra rushes in as Lyn holds out her blade blocking the attack and forcing Tyra back. She glares at Rayne cautious of her as Lyn holds her guard waiting for her next movement.

"At first you had us, but now you've lost this psychological battle," Rayne says seriously. "Your Prou is to make lies truths."

"Huh? That sounds complicated." Lyn says looking back.

"Basically, no matter what she says we'll see it as truth unless we can prove what she's saying is an absolute lie," Rayne says with a large grin. "So, if we break her lies with the truth she'll lose all of her power."

Tyra laughs out loud as she steps ahead. "Oh yeah then prove it. Prove that this sword doesn't belong to me!"

"I'm not sure," Lyn says seriously. "I mean I think that she was with us in the cave, and I feels as if she was the one who pulled out Avalon. How do we prove that it's a lie or not?"

"I have no idea," Rayne says seriously. "Lyn, it's up to you. You have to prove that she's lying somehow."

Lyn stares at Tyra as she confidently stands with Avalon on her back as Lyn stares ahead at the blade. "Avalon, if you're in there wake the hell up already!"

"What do you think you're doing?" Tyra asks trying to hold back her laughter. "Are you seriously talking to a sword? My lord, you really have lost your mind, haven't you?"

Lyn? Is that you? Avalon's voice rings out as Lyn looks ahead. Where am I? What's going on, weren't we sleeping or something before?

Lyn steps forward with a wide grin on her face as she rushes ahead. "I know it now, Avalon is my sword. And I know that because only his true partner can hear his voice!"

"Voice?" Tyra asks confused.

Lyn rushes in slicing at Tyra as she tries to defend with Lyn knocking her back. She throws her knives out at Lyn who blocks one and the other pierces her side and causes her to slow down. With a smile, Tyra grabs onto Avalon and swings it only for the sheer weight of the blade to make her lose her balance and fall.

"What the? When did this thing get so heavy?" She asks confused.

Lyn rushes in and kicks Tyra back as she picks up Avalon off the ground with a large grin on her face. "That proves it, Avalon is mine and no one else's."

"Damn it," Tyra says forcing herself to stand. "Why? Why the hell do you have that?"

Rayne walks forward standing next to Lyn. "It's because she tried her best unlike you."

"I didn't try my best? You don't understand anything!" Tyra yells out. "I've been trying my hardest since the day I was tossed out on the streets! You two had it easy with each other and I've only had myself for my entire life!"

Lyn steps forward and holds out her hand. "Well, we can start over. We can always use another friend."

"Lyn, you always forgive people too easily, it's going to bite you in the ass one day that's for sure," Rayne says annoyed. "But hey if this is what you want to do then forgive the thief and let her off, not that I care."

Tyra looks ahead towards Lyn and Rayne as Lyn holds out her hand. She looks at Lyn's smile and steps ahead reaching out for Lyn's hand.

"You're an idiot." She whispers.

With her other hand, she reaches down and grabs another knife and charges ahead towards Lyn. Before she can hit her Rayne flicks the red crystal in her hand out towards her and a small fireball swallows her form. Screaming in pain she rushes off the side of the roof and falls to the ground below into a large barrel of water.

"That's a shame," Lyn says sadly as she looks down at the now unconscious Tyra. "I hoped that we could be friends with her."

"Lyn, I do love your positivity and willingness to think the best of people, but please don't be that naïve," Rayne says seriously. "But you know, I still do love that about you."

Rayne smiles as she holds Avalon in her hand. "Well, we got Avalon back!"

"Yes, now we should stop the current issue," Rayne says looking at the chaos across town. "Like we have to end it now."

Lyn looks towards Avalon nervously. "Hey Avalon, please tell me you have a plan to fix this?"

I do have one little idea, but I don't know if it'll work. And there's a great big risk to it.

"Come on let's do it, Avalon!" Lyn yells out.

You don't get it if we do this there's a good possibility that you could die! Avalon yells out echoing throughout her mind.