⁰⁹, MADDIE'S BAD COMPANY

Start from the beginning

  "Well, of course." Madeline poked her head out of the bathroom, "But, it's like. . . going straight into the lion's den."

  "Literally."

  "Now is not the time for puns, Blue!"

  Bluebelle grinned as Madeline walked out, the girl looked put together despite her growing nerves. With a few words of reassurance, Madeline was wandering down the steps to meet Nico with a small smile.

  Though, it faded when she saw her boyfriend accompanied by his best friend, Colin Hughes.

  "Hey," Madeline greeted, causing the boys to face her with identical smirks, "Is Hughes coming too?"

  "Is that alright with you, Potter?" Colin questioned smoothly, raising a brow.

  It wasn't.

  "Sure."

  "Great," Colin smiled at the girl as Nico tugged her into his sight.

  Madeline Potter knew this would be a long night.

ϟ

  "I can't believe you invited them."

  "Well, I didn't," Sirius sighed, "I invited Maddie."

  "So the bloke just invited himself?" James scoffed loudly, "Git."

  "How long have they been dating now?" Remus questioned, tugging on his well-loved favorite jumper.

  "No clue—"

  "Nearly three months, innit?" James looked to Sirius, who was too busy styling his hair to notice the worried look he was receiving. 

  "Worried about Maddie's relationship, Pads?" Remus teased, earning a pillow to the face from James.

  "He's not. You're not." Sirius' hands paused, eyes moving in the mirror to lock with James', "You aren't, right?"

  "Course not."

  "Great, neither am I," James announced, crossing his arms. "None of us are. Now, let's go see if they're here yet."

  "That doesn't make any sense."

  "Shut up, Wormtail."

ϟ

  "Maddie!" The brunette sighed in relief as Lily Evans pulled her into a side hug. The Evans girl was in heels, giving her a few inches on Madeline, so her red hair tickled Madeline's already warm cheeks.

  Nico had gone off to grab drinks with Colin, and since Madeline had decided perhaps she shouldn't drink at the young age of 15, the boys were quick to leave her.

  "Are you here with anyone?" Lily furrowed her brows as she pulled away, pulling her hair out of her face.

  "Uh, yes," Madeline answered with a half-hearted laugh, scanning the room for Nico only to come up short. "Nico and his friend are here somewhere."

  "Mm," Lily nodded, "Our parties get questionable after a bit. You should find them before your brother and Black come down."

  "Don't tell me they're the bloody center of attention at these things," Madeline whined.

  "Maddie. . ." Lily said, trying to hide her smile, "Have you met Sirius Black?"

  "Unfortunately."

  "Don't say that," Sirius grinned cheekily, sidling up to Lily, "Evans, James is looking for you."

  "Wonderful," The redhead grumbled, crossing her arms, "Tell him to stop."