chapter 1

Kaiza Hyuuga stood in front of the graves of his parents, sorrow rippling through his body in waves. His fists shook slightly and the rain fell down onto him, hiding his tears.

"K-Kaiza-nee..." he cut his lavender eyes at his cousin Hinata. Even though their eyes were nearly identical, a product of their shared bloodline, there was a certain barely contained fury.

His hair was shaved on the sides and long on top, in a typical wide mohawk. He wore a black and red hoodie and white bands around his wrists and hands. He had grey pants and black shinobi sandals.

Kaiza's gaze softened at the look Hinata had given him. She was his cousin, she lost her family just like he did. "I apologize, Hinata-sama..."

"Kaiza, you may be of the branch house, but you hadn't been branded yet, as of this moment there are no branches in our family, only the remains of a once strong tree." Ko said, he was now the only sealed Hyuuga, but Hinata was the only one who could activate his seal, and he knew she wouldn't.

Kaiza clenched his fists harder, turning a glare towards his mother's head stone. "Ko-san...  I want you to teach me the gentlefist."

"I'm sorry..." Ko replied shamefully, "I'm barely strong enough to be considered a chunin, my gentle fist will not get you very far."

"I dont care." Kaiza cursed, "Right now I start the academy in two years, I'll adjust and add to the original Gentlefist style from what you show me and the family scrolls. I'm going to kill the bastard that did this and avenge my loved ones."

Ko nodded solemnly, "Very well..." he turned to Hinata, "and you Hinata?"

"I want to help Kaiza." She said with determination.
_________________________

Kaiza fell to his knees panting. Hed worked all night, again.

Several scrolls were laid out on the ground. Some for Gentlefist, some for various other types of martial arts that he though would benefit from the byakugan.

He narrowed his eyes down at the jutsu scrolls that contained Hyuuga ninjutsu.

The eight trigrams combination technique, the kaiten, the air palm, shockwave palm.... very powerful techniques all at his disposal. That never would've happened if the main branch had survived...

"No... I cant dwell on that..." he muttered, dropping into a relaxed stance.

He threw an open palm, then another with his open hand, spun and thrust his foot out in a spinning kick. The kick ended with him being back in his original position. He breathed out, swept his non dominant hand in front of him(as if deflecting an attack), then sidestepped with a twist, going low for a sweeping kick.

After a while of cycling through various movements and kata he stopped and took a sip of his water. "I need a training partner..." he said as he caught his breath and gathered his scrolls up into his bag.

He caught a sound of someone straining and decided to follow it.

"Seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty-," a young blonde was doing pushups and counting. His face was red from the effort but he had bright blue eyes and wore colors vibrant enough that it was hard to look at.

As soon as the blonde saw him his eyes widened and he began doing the pushups more frantically, "Nine hundred ninety-eight, nine hundred ninety-nine, one thousand!" Then he jumped to his feet and put his hands on his hips. "A thousand pushups is no challenge for the future Hokage, Naruto Uzumak! Believe it!"

Kaiza blinked slowly, then smiled slightly, "True, Hokage-sama... would you be up for a spar though? I'd love to see how I stack up against the future Hokage."

The blonde boy nodded excitedly and crouched like a wild animal. "Alright!"

Kaiza tossed his bag to the side as Naruto ran at him.

Naruto tried for a powerful haymaker but Kaiza ducked under the hit, caught his arm and slammed him into the ground and held his arm at a painful angle to restrain him.

"Hey you cheated!" Naruto yelled angrily.

Kaiza let go and stood back, "Rematch?" He asked.

Naruto jumped back up and dusted himself off. "Hell yeah!"

Kaiza and Naruto fought like that the rest of the day. Mostly Kaiza just used him to test his proficiency on a live target, but sometimes Naruto would surprise him.

Finally, after it was nearly dark, Kaiza dropped to his butt, "I give up, I'm too tired to fight..."

He noticed Naruto was still chomping at the bit to fight and chuckled, "How've you got so much energy?"

"No idea, wanna go again?" Naruto beamed, despite having several welts and bruises he appeared to be fine.

_________

And so it went, Kaiza and Naruto(occasionally Hinata too) trained together every single day until they started the academy.

Naruto had excelled, having someone to both help him and pit himself against. He was Kaiza's closest friend and rival.

Naruto learned a bit of the academy taijutsu, with a few of Kaiza's own moves thrown in.

Kaiza spent every afternoon trying to perfect the kaiten(please someone tell me if I spelled that wrong) as it looked like it would be the simplest.

______________

"Oi, Hyuuga brat!" One of the Leaf police force yelled. They were basically Uchiha that had been given a bit of power to fight crime in the village.

Kaiza looked over at the two approaching Uchiha and raised an eyebrow. "Hey, something I can help you with?"

One of the men grabbed Kaiza, alarming him, but he just put his hands up so that he didn't start anything. "What's this about, officer?"

"You fucking Hyuuga thought you were so tough, that you could actually be rivals to the Uchiha... now look at you." The Uchiha spat, his eyes turning red with two sharingan in each eye.

Kaiza's anger flare and with a quick move he dislodged the Uchiha's hand from his coat and took a single step back. "I dont want any trouble, I-,"

His chakra surged to his eyes and he could feel veins pulse around his eyes. His vision sharpened, extended, and went in 360° around him. He could see the telltale blue energy known as chakra in the chunin officers and his breath was taken away. Everything moved at a slightly slower pace... no, it was more like he was just processing the information he was seeing much faster.

Then he noticed the fist headed for his cheek, and he backed his head up, letting the officer's knuckles smack the wall near his head. Then he grabbed the officer's wrist and threw two palm strikes, one to the bicep, the other to his rib cage, sending chakra into his chakra network to block chakra points.

As the guy backed away holding his limp arm and side, his partner saw that and threw a kunai. Kaiza moved in, spun on his heel and caught the kunai, while dealing a sharp elbow to the chunin's face and knocking his head back.

Sadly he had lost focus for a moment and the first officer spun kicked him in the side, hurling him back.

Kaiza landed roughly and before he could get up a fist knocked him out cold.