34. Enough

August 16th, 1993

Emoni,

I was in the mirror taking out the rollers that I put in last night. But the process was pointless since I fell asleep not doing any of the ones in the back of my head so now my head was partially curly. So I just combed them all out and did my hair up in a messy bun.

I haven't been feeling too great this past week so I decided to take some time off of work. Ya know, to just get my mind back on track and worry about myself for a while. I feel like I got so focused on the whole Birdie situation that I forgot about what I was supposed to be achieving for myself right now.

My dream.

So I'm gonna take a little bit of time off to move on. Then it's back to work, so I can keep saving to pay for nursing school.

Just then the doorbell rang. I got out of my thoughts walking out of the bathroom, quickly going down the stairs. "Emoni it's me! I got snacks!" Nic shouted as she stood on the other side of the door.

"Coming!" I jogged to the door, unlocking it.

I swung the door back and there she stood with a smirk on her face. She held two bags filled with snacks and she had on her marching onesie just like me. "Hey girl." I hugged her tight, happy to see her face.

"Hey E." She said hugging me back.

"Aw, you wore it?" I said breaking the hug admiring her onesie.

"Of course I did, you my best friend, I'll do anything for you."

"Aw, I love you Nic."

"I love you too. But enough of that sweet shit. You got the liquor?"

I kissed my teeth. "Hell yeah I got the liquor."

"Okay I'm just making sure." She shrugged making her way into the kitchen.

"It wouldn't be a party without it." I said, following behind her.

"True, true, help me put these snacks in bowls."

"Okay." I took one bag from her and started distributing them separately.

After we finished doing that I grabbed the cups for the alcohol. I walked into the living room setting them all up onto the coffee table. I opened the bottles and started pouring them into the cups so we could just grab them. Nic soon came out of the kitchen with bowls of chips.

"You can sit them over there." I said pointing to the other side of the table.

"Okay cool." She said. "You ready to have fun today?" She questioned, plopping down on the couch.

"Of course I am, now go get the rest of the chips, go." I shooed her off my couch, pointing towards the kitchen.

She kissed her teeth, getting up. "Whatever. And don't be shooing me." she playfully spat, making me laugh as she walked into the kitchen.

I grabbed a couple chips before laying my head back against the couch. Soon Nic returned holding three bowls in her hands. "Damn don't drop the snacks!" I panicked standing to my feet, trying to take a bowl from her.

"Calm yo tits girl, I ain't gon drop nothing." She assured me. "I'm strong."

I squinted my eyes staring at her. "Your strong?"

"Yeah, girl I'm an althete." She sat the bowls down on the table with the rest of them.

I laughed shaking my head at her. "For real! You don't see these guns?" She said as she started to flex.