iv

february 7th

i woke up with the chills. though the warmth of the blanket and still being in the arms of todd were still on me, i was freezing. i snuggled closer to todd and pulled the blankets up further.

he mumbled something quietly in his sleep, wrapping his muscular arms tightly around my shoulders. i smiled into his chest and laid my head on his bicep.

i shut my eyes, getting ready to slip into a peaceful sleep, when the door opened, very suddenly.

it was david. "lia, do you wanna..." he trailed off, looking at the situation in front of him.

"what the fuck?" he yelled, ripping the blankets off my bed. todd and i sat up right away.

"david?" i asked, rubbing my eyes. once i stopped, i looked at david, who was staring intently at todd.

"get out." he said, quietly. i knew it was a bad sign because when he was mad, he was loud.

"david, it's not-" he cut me off, as todd sat, motionless.

"get out!" he screamed. todd snapped out of his state and looked at david, then at me.

"stop! david!" i yelled, but he wouldn't listen.

he walked over to the side of the bed. "get out! now! do not ever come in here again!" he screamed, obviously fuming. a few tears began streaming down my face, partly because of david and partly because my head was throbbing.

todd got up and started walking to the door. as soon as he walked out david slammed it shut.

"what the fuck?" he yelled, again. "what? did you sleep with him? did he take advantage of you or are you just like his other sluts? huh?"

the few tears because full on crying. "shut up! leave me alone. i fucking hate you! get out!" i screamed back.

"no, i want you to answer me. did you have sex with him?" he yelled back.

"no! okay. even if i did it wouldn't be your place to say anything! you're my bother not my dad! get out!" i yelled, standing up.

david stopped yelled and walked over to the wall. his face was bright red in anger. he stood up and punched the wall, obviously as hard as he could. a hole was left in it once he had finished.

he winced as i gasped, frightened at what my brother had turned into. "get out." i said in a quiet voice. i looked at him with disappointment. "you can't control my life. i'm 22, not 12."

david softened, hearing me talk. he rushed over to you to try to comfort you, but i flinched away.

"please." i whispered, walking away from him.

he nodded, looking down at the floor. i watched him as he opened the door and walked out, shutting it softly.

as soon as i heard his footsteps going down the stairs, i threw myself on my bed. david and i never fought. i didn't he had yelled at me like that for years.

i shut my eyes tightly and sobbed into my pillow, trying not to let anyone else hear me. i didn't know what to do. normally, i would go to david, but i couldn't and i didn't know if toddy even still wanted to be friends with me. all i could do was keep telling myself it was going to be okay. i was going to be okay. at least, i hopes i would.

a soft knock on my door alerted me there was someone on the other side. i had run high of tears hours ago, so i was just laying in my bed, silent. i was still shaking from the ordeal.

"thalia?" the voice called out. i knew it was corrina, so i got out of bed, shoved on a blue champion sweater and walked to the door.

as i passed my mirror, i looked at my face.  had puffy, red, bloodshot eyes and my nose was also red. i looked a mess.

i opened the door for corrina and let her in. she turned around and looked at me. i looked at her and immediately broke down. she was by my side, sitting on the floor next to me.

"he-he... he's never spoken to me-  ever like that. he was so angry. i-i don't kn-know why." i sobbed, stuttering. corrina shushed me and rubbed my hair. i burried my face in the crook of her neck and cried.

after a while, i stopped. corrina still hugged me, stroking my hair. i sat up. she looked at me. as soon as i saw her face, tears started flowing down my face again. i couldn't look at anybody. i didn't know what to do.

corrina helped me into my bed. she put netflix on my laptop and helped me find a movie to watch.

"are you hungry? do you need an advil?" she asked, getting off my bed.

"no, thanks." i said, shaking my head. she nodded. despite my throbbing headache, i just wanted to be alone.

"text me if you need anything." i nodded and watched as she opened my door and walked out. i heard voices outside my room so i paused my movie.

"she's not okay. just give her time." corrina sighed. though the voices were muffled, i was able to make out who they were.

"how long? i want to apologise." i heard todd. his voice cracked as he spoke.

"i know, but... i don't know. she needs to be ready to talk to you or it will make things worse." she sighed and walked down the hall. "for what it's worth, i don't think she's mad at you."

i heard something hit the wall, lightly. i assumed it was todd's head, hitting the wall. i played my movie, but all i could focus on was him. was he waiting for me? how long was he out there for? why was he waiting? i thought about it until i couldn't anymore.

i watched the movie until i slowly drifted into a peaceful nap, despite it being daylight. as i fell asleep, i thought about todd. i didn't know why, but i felt bad for him. i didn't know why, but i felt like i was in the wrong.

twitter
thethaliadobrik:
sad boi hours seem to be all hours recently :(
93,829 retweets | 183,921 likes

we love some sibling fights ;)
dw todd will be heavily featured in the next chapter, this was an introduction to some small details that will be later introduced :))))

i hope you enjoyed!! if you did please give it a vote and comment something nice, it makes me really motivated!

catch ya later :)