Chapter 12: Masks and Tights

Robin's P.O.V.
I was scouting out (F/N)'s apartment at the moment, wishing that Scarecrow was still behind bars. Last time I saw him I was bringing Two-Face in, he still seemed to be under the effects of his fear toxin. It was a day after Scarecrow gassed (F/N)'s apartment with fear toxin and Dick was out convincing Red Hood to help us, even though I advised against asking a murderer. (F/N) also had a bit of shady history, (he/she) was formerly a criminal at Arkham City but from the files it stated that (he/she) never got in any fights with any of the inmates or vice versa for that matter. (He/She) managed to convince Victor Fries to make (him/her) a makeshift raft made of ice and even masked (his/her) appearance thanks to Clayface of all people. Aside from Black Mask, (he's/she's) the only person who was able to get out of Arkham City before Protocol 10. During the time of Scarecrows attack on Gotham last year (he/she) seemed to transition to working for Penguin outside of Gotham until Penguin got out and relocated (F/N) back here in Gotham. (He's/She's) since turned over a new leaf of sorts, I don't know if dating Catwoman was part of that leaf or not, but (he/she) still had a way to counteract the effects of fear toxin.

It was currently night time and I could tell (F/N) was nocturnal, it was around 11 pm and (he/she) was playing with his cat. Selina was out, most likely robbing someplace, while I was left to get (F/N). I will admit it seemed a little easy, but then again he had no records of firearms and Penguin stopped giving away guns. (He/She) did have a history of carefully pacing plans, it is, after all, what got (him/her) out of Arkham City, so I remained vigilant. I saw (him/her) go in (his/her) room, I couldn't see precisely what (he/she) was doing as there was no window, Edgar, (his/her) cat, followed suit. I decided to go in through the window. I used my grappling hook to propel myself to the height of the window and opened it. (F/N) didn't come out of (his/her) room, (he/she) must've thought I was Selina. I then knocked on (his/her) door and it creaked open. I looked inside and (he/she) wasn't there. I slightly panicked and heard footsteps behind me. I turned to see (F/N), and (he/she) had a knife right in front of my face. (He/She) said "Whatever your business here is bird, I suggest you leave." I looked at (him/her), knowing (he'd/she'd) make some mistake and keep monologuing, but (he/she) didn't monologue. No grand banter, no rousing bad guy speech. (He/She) just stared at me, waiting for me to make my move. So I made my move.

I tried grabbing the knife and (he/she) kicked me square in the chest. (He/She) cursed "Why is it that every fucking time I make one slight screw up, every fucking person wants a piece of me?" (He/She) came closer and tried to jab the knife in my leg, I rolled away before I could get hit. Before I could get up (he/she) grabbed my leg and threw me across the floor and into the living room/kitchen. I saw (him/her) come closer and I used my staff to hit (him/her) in the neck. (He/She) winced in pain as (he/she) grabbed my staff and spun me on my back, causing my ribs to be in pain from the impact. (He/She) then broke my right arm with his leg whilst still holding my staff. I grunted in pain and (he/she) threw my staff in (his/her) room. (He/She) used (his/her) knife to further inflict pain on my right arm by stabbing it in my elbow. I screamed in pain but (F/N) covered my mouth to block the noise. (He/She) then slammed my head on the floor, almost breaking my nose. I stayed down to pretend I was out, when really I almost was out for the count. I then risked it by grabbing a tranq dart from my belt. I threw it with enough force for it to actually get in (his/her) system. I rolled over and saw (he/she) still had some fight in him but (he/she) was very weary from the dart. I simply waited for (him/her) to fall.

Selina's P.O.V.
I was just arriving home when I saw (F/N) on the ground with bird boy standing over (him/her). Why was Robin here? I had a few ideas, but I didn't want (F/N) in any more pain, so I decided to take him down and then ask. I ran up to him and flipped him over my body, he was now on the ground in front of me face down. I grabbed my whip and wrapped it around his neck and held the whip at both ends, I asked him "Why did you hurt (F/N)?" He responded weakly "Oracle needs a sample of his DNA. He can resist the fear toxin." "So why did you attack him?" I asked with a bit more rage in my voice. "(He/She) attacked me." he quipped. I was about to let him go when I heard something break behind me. When I looked behind I saw Nightwing and Red Hood, about to charge me. I let Robin go so they wouldn't attack, I'm always one for a fight but there would've been a chance (F/N) would get hurt. I stood down and Red Hood knocked me out. That was the last things I saw before I passed out.

A/N: And here's where things get interesting. Anyway I hope you enjoyed, make sure to vote for the next books in my conversations (there's a poll to reply to), and have a great day/night. :)