14

Taehyung drove his car with you beside him. You were scowling while staring outside the window. You were still upset about Jimin and his harsh words. But at the same time, you felt happy since you were in Taehyung's car.

It feels like I'm his wife, you thought. You screamed mentally inside but when you remembered Taehee, Taehyung's real wife, you smacked your face. Think about Taehee, idiot. You thought.

Taehyung saw you slapping your cheek and he was worried for a second. But when he saw the funny faces you made from the window's reflection, he giggled, knowing that you were just thinking about something deeply.

"Y/n." Taehyung's voice pierced the silent atmosphere.

You snapped your head at him, wondering if he'd saw what you did. "Y — yeah?"

"I'm pretty sure Jimin didn't mean it. He was just worried since you didn't showed up till the movie ended." Taehyung cajoled. He didn't want his best friend to fight with her husband since they're newlyweds.

"No, he doesn't care about me. He is such a short tempered guy and recently, he has been getting more irritated for no reason and took it out on me." You said, groaning a little out of devastation. You just wish he would act like a 'husband' even if he doesn't loves you.

"That's not true! He loves you a lot okay? You guys were such a great couple back then." Taehyung said, suddenly bringing up the issue from the past — the one that you wish to just lock away and forget. "I still don't get why did he broke up with you." Taehyung continued.

Your gaze dropped to your hands on your lap. I also don't understand, you thought. The two of you were doing fine, were very close and wasn't on the verge of breaking up. You still remember it as clear as day when he abruptly asked for a break up. His face didn't even show an ounce of sorrow — that was the most painful experience you had.

"Y/n, there's something I have to tell you." Taehyung suddenly voiced, snapping you out of your deep thoughts. Your heart skipped a beat. Is he going to confess his love?! Just kidding, you thought.

Taehyung contemplated for quite a while before he shook his head in dismissal. "Actually, never mind." He suddenly disregarded it.

You furrowed your eyebrows, creating a confused frown on your delicate face. You really hate it when a person wants to say something but dismissed it. It makes you become very curious and irritated for not knowing what it is. And it was one of Taehyung's habit that you dislike.

"You better tell me." You said to him, eyeing him.

Taehyung's eyes were still on the road, a nervous smile etched on his lips. "I — it's nothing important." He parried.

"Then, why did you sound so serious?" You retorted, purposely staring at his face so he would feel uncomfortable. Taehyung then gave in to you and decided to tell you the thing that had been in his mind.

"Well, I don't know why he asked for a breakup but it seems he was really reluctant about it." Taehyung suddenly said which raised a question in your head. You don't understand why would Taehyung think he was reluctant about it.

"What makes you say that?" You asked, one arched brow in confusion.

"Actually, I was thinking that you lied when you said that he didn't look sad while breaking up with you." Taehyung exclaimed.

Your eyes widened and you frowned, "Why would I lie?"

Taehyung stayed silent for a moment and the car came to a halt when the traffic light turned red. You kept on staring at Taehyung's face nervously as you waited for his response.

"Because... that day, Jimin came to me and he was crying." Taehyung finally faced you, a brooding expression masked his face.

You couldn't believe what you just heard and it made you speechless. But you know that Taehyung would never joke about something like that though what he said seemed unreal. He didn't look sad in front of you but why would he cry in front of Taehyung?

"He was crying like a baby seriously." Taehyung stifled a small laugh. "He said something like how he doesn't deserves to take care of you and that I should do it instead." Taehyung continued.

You decided to believe Taehyung's words. You felt like hoping — hoping to return like how the two of you used to be. You also realized that Taehyung was probably just an escape for you after you broke up with Jimin. I just loved him to forget about Jimin, you thought, feeling shameful.

"I'm sorry, Tae." You said.

"Eh? For what?" Taehyung had an innocent and confused look on his face, not knowing what you were talking about.

You laughed seeing the adorable reaction of your best friend and you suddenly felt happy and energetic. Probably because you can finally understand the reason of your breakup with Jimin. It's probably a misunderstanding. Maybe we can clear it up and return like how we used to be.

You wished to hurry back home.