16

(A/N: Sorry in advance if it feels like the story goes by too fast for your liking...many important things happened in the Tartaros Arc and some are just too irrelevant to add in this chapter. I decided to just skip most of the arc, and jump right into the Tartaros battles, which is basically the end. It could skip to other events very quickly so please bear with me!)

**********

Cana managed to save everyone from the bomb planted inside their guild hall by storing their bodies in tarot cards using her Card Magic. Once the exceeds flew near the Cube-Shaped island, the Card mage releases everyone from her cards and they begin their counterattack. As the guild members try to figure out how to get to the castle, Erza pierces through Undercube, having driven Kyoka straight through the floating island with her new armour. This provides Fairy Tail the breach they needed to get inside the Dark Guild's fortress.

"Erza!" Makarov shouted, both relieved about her safety and shocked at her sudden appearance.

"Get inside! Save the others!" She yelled before getting pulled by the female demon's claws into her range.

The fairies obediently jump into the hole.

**********

~Time skip~

Warren's telepathic magic echoed in everyone's mind that he is linked with. It was as if static emerged from everyone's brains. It was quite an unpleasant feeling until an unrecognizable voice chimed in our heads.

"The wizard guild, Fairy Tail, I believe?" They asked amused.

"Who are you, dirtbag?" Elfman taunted, still cradling his unconscious elder sister on his lap.

"Mard Geer, King of the Underworld." His voice was deep, crisp like autumn leaves during fall. "But you don't need to remember that. Since there's no tomorrow for any of you."

The gravitational field disappeared, causing the ground they were all standing on to shake immensely, knocking most of the guild members out of the island. Tartaros' mobile fortress, Cube, ultimately turned into a monster called Plutogrim. Gooey projectiles are fired arbitrary throughout the building, adhering onto anything they touch, eventually spreading across and flooding the entirety of the fortress. Anyone caught by the sticky putty's strong hold remains in a suspended state permanently or until they're freed by someone else. The red-like substance that sprouted of the walls and ground soon engulfed everyone on the island. Well, excluding Lucy who was able to escape it.

It was now up to the celestial mage to save everyone.

And she did. Lucy Heartfilia summoned the Celestial Spirit King. He battled with Mard Geer and using the last ounce of his magical power, freed everyone from Alegria— all in exchange for Aquarius's sacrifice.

Torafuzar, a distinct shark-like look and stern that makes use of his bladed arms for armed combat and a Curse that summons poisonous, lethal water, concluded that Lucy was a threat and tried to dispose of her. However, Gajeel slipped in between just in time and stopped him with his hard iron.

"Impossible..." Torafuzar said, landing back on his feet. "Only the girl is supposed to be left."

"Alegria has been broken? That is unexpected." Keyes, a monk-like demon with a skeletal face and a Magical Barrier Particle body and is also a specializer in necromancy, said. "Still...the fairies are fated to be annihilated!" He raised his khakkhara, ready to attack Gajeel from behind—

A silhouette came between them and raised her hand sideways in a jerking motion. "Sky destructive wave!" Alexa, who was now in Sky Stigma form, sent a hurricane Keyes's way, forcing him to back off tremendously.