⁰², THE PUMPKIN JUICE INCIDENT

Start from the beginning

  "Now there's no way I'm going anywhere but the lake."

  "Stop being thick, I'm looking out for you!"

  "Okay well stop it!"

  "Excuse me." The four kids froze, neither Potter siblings dared to turn around. They had been caught by the most terrifying being in the entire castle, the giant squid held no comparison.

  "Really, it's all Maddie's fault—"

  "Excuse me?!"

  James, Madeline, Kai, and Sirius were all sat in McGonagall's office, attempting to explain why they were out past curfew.

  "Minnie, you know why we were out," Sirius pulled out the charm that worked on everyone but the two females in the room currently, "And the only reason they starting shouting was for safety."

  "Safety?"

  "Of course," James continued, "Trying to keep my little sister safe, right, Mads?" The girl glared at him.

  "Mr. Potter, Black, your essays will be ten inches longer—"

  "We haven't got any essays."

  "Your first one then," McGonagall glared at James for speaking up, "Declan, Potter, you two will wash the windows—"

  "Wait a second," Madeline cut the woman off, "Why don't we all get the same punishment?"

  "Because I make the rules, Ms. Potter."

  "This is blatant favoritism," Madeline pointed, "Towards your own house, we didn't even do anything wrong!"

  The woman sat stiffly, glaring at the teen who seemed to be very riled up about this certain situation.

  "Ravenclaws, am I right?" Madeline smacked the back of James' head.

  "Very well, James and Madeline will clean the potions classroom to Professor Slughorn's liking and Black and Declan will wash the window on the third floor."

  "That'll take us hours, maybe even days!" Sirius cried out, "Minnie, please, don't stick me with this kid for that long—!"

  "My decision is final!" McGonagall snapped, "Now off to bed, all of you, and if I catch you passed curfew again the punishments will be up to Mr. Filch."

  The four left, all quite angry at how it had turned out.

  "If you would've just kept your mouth shut—"

  "You would've gotten off easier," Madeline fumed at James, "But if you'd just leave me the hell alone for once in your life, none of us would've been caught!"

  "Maddie," Kai gently tugged the girl, "C'mon."

  Both James and Sirius watched the girl walk away, Kai cast one glare over his shoulder the boys gladly returned.

  "I hate him." Sirius crossed his arms, "Maddie shouldn't be hanging around him."

  James stared at his best friend, "Do you fancy my sister?"

  "What? No!" Sirius sputtered, "Look, I just don't like Declan, alright?"

  "Good," James crossed his arms, "I don't like him either."

  "I've got an idea."

ϟ

  "Why would we do that?"

  "Because we don't like Declan," Sirius said in a duh tone, not understanding why Remus wasn't on board with the plan.

  Sirius and James had hurried back to their dorm, excitedly explaining their genius plan to Peter and Remus. Peter agreed immediately, but Remus seemed hesitant.