30

i'm sorry about the delay.. season 3 of Nailed It came out, so i had to binge watch those 6 episodes, plus the whole last season.. anyways, i'm back 😂

Ro' 💗

Mekhi and I made our way back to his house in pure silence. He said nothing, and seemed to be thinking hard about something.

"Your boss is one creepy guy.", I tell him, breaking the silence. "Why you say that?", he asks, looking at me.

"Because he's just... weird.", I answer. Simply thinking about the look he gave me sent a chill down my spine.

"What he do? Tell me so I can go strangle his ass right now.", he demands, preparing to make a U-turn.

"Oh, please don't. It wasn't really that serious.", I tell him, panicking. "You sure? I ain't got a problem with slapping a nigga today.", he responds, shrugging with a smile.

"I'm positive. I think I was just being paranoid anyway.", I say. "Well, if you say so."

"Can you promise me something, Rose?", he asks and I nod. "Promise me that if anything, or anybody, is bothering you, you'll let me know as soon as possible."

Holding out my pinky, I say, "Pinky promise."

"Nah, like I need an actual swear. This shit is real serious to me.", he says, not accepting my pinky.

"Umm.. that's why I pulled the pinky out, Mekhi.", I tell him, gesturing towards my outstretched finger. "Fine.", he mumbles, and interlocks our fingers.

Time Skip..

We finally pull up to his and D.'s shared house.

"You wanna help me with something, Ro'?", Mekhi asks me and I shrug in response. "Depends on what it is.", I answer.

"You wanna count some money for me?", he asks, and I break into a grin. "Yessah.", I finally answer.

"Bet. Meet me in the living room, and I'll bring it to you."

Using his key, I unlock his house door and walk in.

"CHILDREN!", I yell, glancing around for Mason and Malik.

After I don't seem them immediately, I shrug and get comfortable on the living room couch.

Within a minute or so, the two of them walk into the living room, and sit on the couch opposite to me.

"Umm.. hi?", I say, looking at them with a raised eyebrow. "How old you is, ma?", Malik asks me bluntly.

"20 until April 29th.", I answer. "Oh, word? That's only a 5 year difference.", Mason tells me, getting excited.

"And what does that have to do with anything? Mekhi and I are only 1 and a half years apart.", I respond.

"Okay? We don't care about him, girl.", Malik says. "That part. Alexa, play 'Fuck Dat Nigga' by City Girls.", Mason adds.

"Oh, really?", Mekhi questions from the door, and I notice a large bag in his left hand. "Ah fuck.", Mason mumbles, looking towards his older brother.

"Yeah, like I thought.", Mekhi responds, and walks towards me.

"Umm.. did you kill a Great Dane while you were outside or something?", I ask him, looking at the huge bag in his hand.

"Nah, this is the money you're counting for me.", he answers, and drops it on the wooden coffee table in front of me. "Well, okay."

I slowly unzip it, and when I tell y'all that was the most money I've ever seen in my entire 20 years of living.. like there were 20s, 10s, 5s, and a few 1s.

"There aren't any big bills?", I ask, looking up at him, and he shakes his head. "Nah, just smaller ones."

"So, you can just put them in stacks of 100, and I'll count the finished product. In the meantime, I'll be over here bagging.", he instructs and I nod.

"Got it."

Quick filler..