CHAPTER6- LET'S STICK TO THE PLAN

NEXT DAY

NEXT DAY

Minji got up and finished her morning routine while Namjoon was still asleep. She got up early because she wanted to make breakfast before starting with the next day's arrangements as there was no clarity about the time when the assistant would arrive in the evening. She drank her coffee while reading the newspapers. After Namjoon woke up, they had breakfast. It was 9:00 a.m. and they planned to wrap up everything and be ready by 3:00 p.m. It would take some time to settle everything including the weapons to take and be prepared for the worst-case scenarios like what was the emergency protocol if either of them was injured and more. Everything had to be planned in excruciating detail as nothing could be left to chance.

They went to the office space and were completely focussed on the mission. Namjoon said, "Our dresses are already in our rooms and the weapons are set. So why don't you go over the plan and I will make my additions. Let's go over it step by step and plan for each moment."

Minji took over, "We will get ready in the afternoon tomorrow and secure our weapons inside our dresses. We will enter easily and smoothly as you will hack the guest list and include our aliases in it. It is certain that they will be cross-checking everyone and if our names are on the list combined with the way we are dressed up, they probably won't suspect anything."

However, Namjoon interrupted as he had a great idea.

"I have heard that Byun Baekyun from our agency works with the mafias and has a good reputation amongst them. He also has a lot of confidential information about them. My hunch is that he would also be there at the party. Though he hasn't seen me you are familiar with him. Am I right?" he said thoughtfully.

Minji simply nodded and Namjoon elaborated, "Why don't we get in touch with him? This is not the first time that a party has been organized in this place as meetings frequently take place here. So he would be quite familiar with the routes, I suppose. What say?"

Minji replied, "Of course, we could do that but we can't rely on him completely. So let's finish our plotting first. When we are hacking the systems for the lists we could cross-check if his name is also there."

Namjoon agreed and wanted to know the plan.

Minji replied, "Our information indicates that Lee Seung gi will be arriving from Australia tomorrow and will be welcomed directly at the party. The other son will also be there but Mr. Park won't be coming. And we don't need information about him right now."

Namjoon was absorbing all the information and replied, "So, you are saying that first, we have to remove all the obstacles before zeroing in on our ultimate target, Mr. Park. Right?"

Minji nodded in assent and added, "There is another thing that you should know..., she trailed off and then added, "I made a weapon in which there's a needle coated with acid which has been placed inside a cork. I've studied physiotherapy and I know some crucial points which when injected can lead to immediate death and made to seem like a cardiac arrest or some other natural phenomenon. Moreover, the person would not feel anything more than a mosquito bite or something equally minor but would die within three minutes."

Namjoon thought to himself that she was really smart and aloud he said, "You could use it on Park Seojoon while seducing him as he is a big flirt. When he tries to kiss you, you can find the precise point on his neck and do the needful. Of course, you will have to tolerate him for three more minutes. And while this operation is underway, I would hack the security systems so that the cameras are diverted and do not show this."

Minji rubbed her chin and replied, "So we plan to remove Park Seojoon from our way in the party. His father has been killing people mercilessly and so has he. It won't be traumatizing to see his son dead as he will have a replacement in Lee Seung gi."

Namjoon said, "But we should not forget our goal. We don't have to kill Mr. Park but ruin his business and reputation and capture him for the government who will torture him."

Minji nodded trying to understand his point of view. She replied, "To ruin the business, we will first attack the areas that are well-guarded because for a long time no one has suspected or attacked him. Moreover, he has recently reduced the security of his major offices."

Namjoon wanted to get into her mind, "So what you mean to say is that once we attack his most important confidential area, he would increase the security in other major houses and at that time we would finish the ones which are less important. They would not understand our strategy as they would be trying to figure out where we would strike next."

Minji smiled and said, "Exactly. He would be so worried about protecting his territory that even though he is a big gangster, he wouldn't be able to outsmart us. So he won't focus on who is doing this, rather he would wonder which one would be our next target."

Namjoon gave a thumbs-up sign and replied, "Got it. So the plan is fixed till here. Only after this is accomplished will we decide our next step."

Minji was raring to go, "Let's wrap up the planning and get started on changing the records. I will call the company and get the details about the assistant in the meantime. She will be turning up anytime now. But you know what? I am not really on board with this assistant thing so I would advise you not to share any details with her. We will assign her work, tell her the brief structure of planning but we shouldn't disclose the name of our enemies. If she gets curious we will just frame up some names which won't be difficult."

Namjoon agreed with her, "I don't trust this out-of-the-blue assistant, so we will keep an eye on her and keep the planning to ourselves. She could also be a spy from another agency out to extract information and plans. This might sound absurd in an ordinary situation but this mission is a usual one. So we need to be alert at all the times," he asserted.

They were engaged in this conversation while Minji was wearing her shoes next to the door. She held the doorknob and exited but peeked in and yelled out, "Thanks for understanding me, bae. Btw I will bring mint chocolate ice cream on my way back," and closed the door before adding, "Bear with it!"

She drove off and could imagine Namjoon saying, "Of course I will eat that trash ice cream because Minji is bringing it."

But he didn't know that Minji knew his favourite flavour and would bring that. They also had pick up Assistant Rose after lunch.

Minji thought to herself, "Let's see what problems will accompany this assistant."

"