Chapter 6

feb. 10

I walked into theatre, on time, and found the same seat I sat in yesterday. Last night was a fight against myself. I never ended up texting Jack, but I sure did spend way too much time contemplating if I should or not. I got almost no sleep from all the homework I got last night, so dealing with anyone was the last thing I wanted to do today. I wanted to get home asap so I could go to sleep for the rest of the day.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Jack tapping me on the shoulder.

He looked concerned. "Hey, you look extremely tired." he paused looking into my droopy eyes. "You didn't text me?" he finished off.

I just looked at him. Don't do it girl, do not give in.

"I- I uh got caught up in so much school work last night, i'm just really behind and stressed and-" he stopped me in he middle of my rambling.

"It's all good. I understand. You must be really behind."

His usually flirty bubbly demeanor quickly faded into a more closed off, bothered one. I felt really bad. I don't know what i'm talking about. This can stay STRICTLY friendly right ? I don't have to get any closer to him than I am right now.

A few minutes passed and I pulled out my phone. I went to his contact and started typing.

hi

I put my phone face down and peeked from the corner of my eye at Jack. He smiled and started typing. My heart started to race.

well hello to you finally

I chuckled.

there. you happy ?

woah woah, i didn't know that texting me was such a hastle, must i be that bad that you don't want to talk to me?

I widened my eyes and looked up at him. I playfully punched him in his shoulder, both of us chuckling.

shut up... i like u, u dork

I sat there, not realizing what I had just sent. My eyes widened and my breath got caught in my throat. I shut my phone off as I started coughing into my hand. what the hell did i just send. i could throw up. i could actually throw up. dork?!?! what the hell is wrong with me— I LIKE U?!?! KOVER !!

I saw Jacks face light up as he responded. I didn't look at my phone for the rest of class. I couldn't believe what I just sent. Now I gave him the wrong idea.

but i do like him.
but i met him 24 hours ago!!!!!
but he's so cute
but i don't know him !!!!
but why don't i just give him a shot ?!

I argued back and forth in my head until I just gave up against myself. I looked down at my phone right at the end of class.

hey.... i like u too ;)

My heart melted. I stared at the text, getting lost in my thoughts until the bell rang.

"Hey, come with me." Jack grabbed my hand while we walked out of the class.

"Jack where are we going! No, it's only my second day I can't get more behi-" he cut me off by pushing me close to him. I stood there, inches away from his face. His eyes flickered back and forth from my lips to my eyes.

"Trust me, it's okay. I promise." He spoke softly. He backed away and let go of my arm. I stood there watching him. He turned back, leaning against the back door entrance to the school.

"Are you coming or what ?" he smirked starting to walk out the door. He held the door open.

I took a deep breath.
What the hell could go wrong ?