Hidden Lies within the Kingdom: Chapter 11

Bipolar Morph?

*^*^*Benton's Point of View*^*^*

We ran after her.

"Why does she run away so much?" I asked. We heard a elevator ding. When we reached the elevator the doors were already closed.

"Fudge bananas!" Mike cursed. We all raised an eyebrow at him.

"Fudge bananas?" Lanny asked.

"Yeah sorry" he replied. I looked over at Reid. He doesn't talk much. He stared into space with no expression. He was always the weird one.

"Still there Rere?" I asked. He blinked a couple of time and nodded. The next elevator doors open. We ran into the elevator and realized the floor she went to is unknown.

"Stairs" Reid said simply. We ran out down the stairs.

"Now which way should we go?" Mike asked. We were in the middle of the hallway and the way it was built it was like an intersection. We could go straight, left or right.

"Split up?" I said. Everyone agreed but then there was a piercing scream that led one way. Straight. We ran following the scream then knew that it came from our father's office. We pounded on the door then we heard a loud 'thump'. Then the guy himself came to open the door.

"What just happened?" Mike asked. Morph was in the room, leaning against the book shelf rubbing her temples. She did not look good.

"Nothing, didn't I tell you to watch her?" My father said sternly.

There's something fishy going on...

I never thought I could use the word 'fishy' in a sentence.

"Yes, but she ran out. Why was she screaming?" Mike asked. Morph then grabbed the shelf because it looked like she was going to fall.

"Drop it Mike. It was my fault" she urged. Mike and I didn't buy it. But honestly, it wasn't even the time or place for this. It felt like a bomb waiting to explode.

"Clumsy girl" my father said pinching her cheek. We had to go now, the atmosphere in the room was just too weird. But Mike was very suspicious of our father.

"I don't think someone would walk into a book shelf backwards and hit their head hard." Makes sense if your blind dumdum. But this has been going on for way too long.

"Mike, drop it" I told him.

"Can we just go now? I'm pretty sure your father has more lives to kill and we don't want to hold him up now do we?"Morph said with sarcasm. We walked out of the room and Mike tried to get more information out of her.

"What happened in there? I know my father did something, I just want to help. Tell me or I'll break up with you" I almost laughed because of the way he said it. If he had to choose for the privilege to go outside or to go out with her, he'd probably go out with her. Why? No one knows. She's not even all that cute. She should lose the blindness (haha get it?)

Morph's reaction was what really made wanted to make me laugh.

"I guess we'll have to break-"

"You look hot with a tank on. You know I was just kidding about breaking up" Mike said. I made a mental note to remind myself that Mike was basically whipped. I looked around for Lanny and Reid and realized they left. I turned around ready to walk away when I heard Morph's reply.

"Do you really want to know?" I stopped. Should I be nosy?

"Take me to your room so I can tell you." Well now I can't be nosy because they're going to a secluded area. I started walking again but felt a cold hand grab my wrist. "Do you wanna come too?" Her voice was somewhat different to what I'd expect. it wasn't cheerful or sarcastic like she's trying to be funny. She was actually serious.