CHAPTER5- TARGET WEAPONS

They rested for a while and then got ready to pick up the sneakiest and most stylish weapons in business

They rested for a while and then got ready to pick up the sneakiest and most stylish weapons in business. These would be carefully arranged in the security locked cupboards with glass shields in the office.

They sat in the car and Minji drove because Namjoon, as usual, didn't know the destination. Given that it was a place for weapons, there were no funny or frank workers and the atmosphere was business-like. Every worker was serious and anticipating the arrival of Agent RM and Pearl. Their information and id's had already been arranged. Minji was quick to assert that they would not be paying for the weapons rather they would be renting them for the mission which would be returned after it was over. They would only buy some handguns for personal use and safety. During earlier missions, they could always exchange and replace their weapons during the mission but it would not be possible this time as they would be too busy keeping an eye on the targets' every move. This meant that there would not be even a moment to spare so they had to decide the weapons for the entire mission today itself.

They walked towards their personal lounge where the weapons were already displayed. Since the plan was uncertain, weapons could not be picked up in keeping with the mission so there were random ones which could be used in different situations. Namjoon was lost in his own world when Minji told him to snap out of his reverie and he immediately focussed on the task at hand.

The weapons were finally decided upon after a lot of bickering and these were the same ones, realised Minji, that had not been assigned for a long time (not because she couldn't use them but because of her protective father). Both of them hadn't used many of them and so they tried these one after another in the practice room in the basement while sharing notes of the weapons' utility.

An agent who had been briefed about the mission pointed to a sleek gun which could fit in the palm of the hand and told them, "This is the latest model. And according to my information, you will be starting the mission with a party to obtain some records," as they nodded in agreement and he proceeded, "You can hide this in a makeup kit which would not arouse any suspicion and they would not have any time for inspecting each guest."

Minji nodded in agreement and looking at Namjoon said, "Let's take this then. And I am quite familiar with knives so there is no need to try those, I suppose."

He replied, "As you wish."

The agent elaborated on the weapon, "This new handgun was recently imported from Malaysia. The best feature is that it is practically silent so when you fire, the target would be injured noiselessly."

Namjoon nodded thoughtfully and said, "Let's take it Minji-ssi. What say?" to which she agreed.

The agent pointed to some knives which were laid out on the table, "These are geometric-patterned colourful knives. Nothing new, it is just that the colour is vibrant and classy. There is no special quality as these are just normal knives but can be easily hidden because of their shape."

Namjoon and Minji agreed that these would be effective for the self-defense as the agent nodded.

The agent moved on to other weapons, "This pair of rings was recently upgraded with new blades and can be used for self-defense."

Minji ran her hand over them and looked appreciatively at the pair lying in front of her, "Smooth and easy to use." Namjoon was also on board, "Let's take it."

An extra knife was attached to their car keys. There were some more weapons which they picked for the party but none of them were exceptional.

They returned home and ordered food as they were too tired even to cook noodles.

Everything was in order and the mission was getting closer and they could feel the excitement in every nerve.