61. we'll give you one more fight

Matty let Kat talk to Evan. He wasn't happy about it but he knew not to push her any further. Evan's girlfriend seemed to be very friendly with everyone so he went to talk to her.

"Hey." He placed his hand on the wall where she was leaning. She smiled up at him.

"Hi." She replied. He smirked, she liked him and he could tell. This could be fun.

"You like my band?" He asked, she nodded.

"I've been a fan for a while now." She confessed. Matty nodded and bit his lip. He hadn't flirted with someone for a while now, he didn't need to with Kat. He kind of missed it.

"Who's your favourite?" He asked, she giggled but before she answered she became skeptical.

"How long have you and Kat been dating?" She asked, straightening herself up slightly. He shrugged.

"A couple of months." He answered honestly.

She nodded and her eyes darted somewhere. He knew exactly where she was looking, Kat. She wasn't some rando, she was Kat and if he knew how his eyes were wandering right now she would kick him to the curb. He straightened himself up and turned to the side to look out on the party.

"I've been with Evan for over a year now." Alexis commented. Matty nodded and for some reason felt quite sad.

"You know he cheated on her." He watched Kat laugh and chat happily with the man who destroyed her heart.

"Yeah, I know. I don't care as long as he doesn't do it to me. He knows that." She confessed. Matty nodded understandingly.

"I cheated on my ex with Kat." He confessed. Alexis looked at him with interest.

"Really?" She asked, he looked at her. "Are you dating her to justify your decision?" She wondered. Matty's eyebrows raised.

"Excuse me?" He cried. she smirked, knowing she'd hit a nerve.

"I'm not saying you did it consciously. I'm just suggesting that maybe you felt you needed to date Kat so you feel like your decision in cheating on your girlfriend was justified. You didn't do it because you were horny, you did it because you were in love or some shit." She explained, he felt his blood start to boil because it made sense.

"Get the fuck away from me." He spat, she smiled deviously.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to hit a nerve." She raised her hands and walked towards Evan and Kat. Matty scrunched his fists, now he looked guilty.

He started downing shots, trying to not let Alexis' words get to him. Before he knew it, people were leaving and he could hardly see.

"Bye mate. Thanks for having us." He watched Evan wave, at everyone. Kat walked up to him and wrapped her arms around him. Matty watched as he whispered something in her ear and she nodded. He started to breathe heavily as Kat walked towards him.

"Do you think I'm a mug?" He hissed. Kat saw the alcohol in his eyes and rolled her own.

"I thought you weren't mad." She pointed out. He grabbed her arm as she tried to turn away.

"I didn't want you to look like a mug in front of your ex but clearly the feeling was not mutual." He said it as quietly but with as much anger as he could muster so the point was put across.

"Contain yourself. We'll talk about this at the hotel." She brushed him off and went to find her coat.

Matty was fuming. He didn't wait for her, he stormed out of the room and out into the open to find a taxi or something to get him back to the hotel.

Kat reached their room about half an hour after he had got there. She looked sad when she walked in, he didn't care.

"I'm sorry I invited my ex and didn't tell you." She sighed as if she had given up. He squinted his eyes at her.

"I don't care if you're friends with him but don't mug me off like that in front of everyone. Tammy made me be nice to you even though I was pissed so that you didn't look bad so why didn't you do the same!" He yelled. She scoffed.

"Do you even hear yourself? Tammy made you be nice to me? Me? Your girlfriend?" She said as if she couldn't believe it.

"God I couldn't stand you in there. Throwing yourself at him." The alcohol got to his words before he could. She stared at him.

"Have you taken something?" She asked, almost afraid. He glared at her.

"Are you going to assume I'm on something every time I feel anything other than job?" He asked, she shook her head.

"I have to tell you something" she said quietly. He collapsed onto the bed and closed his eyes, wanting her to leave.

"What." He refused to open his eyes. She walked to the end of the bed and stood facing him. The silence made his heard beat heavily in anticipation so he opened his eyes and sat up. "What." He repeated.

"He offered me a job." She confessed. Matty's eyes widened, he froze.

"Are you joking?" He asked calmly. He heard nothing so he sat up, he saw tears in her eyes and shook his head slightly in disbelief. "What job?"

"In his company, he needs a media manager and I have experience." She explained, he couldn't believe what she was saying.

"You don't need a job. You're on tour with me, you don't need it, I can look after you." He cried desperately. She shook her head.

"It's not about the money, I want to work. I like working and having a career." He groaned loudly in frustration.

"Can you not have it until after tour?" He asked like a child.

"Matty, Listen." She held his face in her hands and he submitted to her touch. "I want to be here with you but I owe it to myself to at least interview for this job." He stared up at her, his heart hurting.

"But I want you. I don't want anyone else to have you." He placed his hands on her hips. She rubbed his face with her two thumbs.

"Don't be possessive. It's not sexy." She advised. "I'm going to go for the interview and we'll figure stuff out from there. Okay?" She offered. He stared at her, he was mad at her but he knew he shouldn't be.

"Okay." He smiled. She leant down to kiss him but he didn't kiss her back. She inhaled deeply and nodded as if she understood.

"I'm gonna take a shower." She said, letting go of him and walking into the bathroom.

Matty got into the bed and stared at the ceiling. He listened to Kat turn the water on and closed his eyes. He loved her. She was Kat, he would do anything for her so why couldn't he be supportive when she needed him to be. If Tammy could see him, she would slap him silly.

He knew better, but when was he ever better. He opened his eyes and watched his naked chest rise and fall. Could he see himself with Kat for the rest of his life? They had never discussed the future, they just knew they wanted each other there.

He watched as she exited the bathroom in just a towel, her hair was up in a dry bun. She didn't look at him she just walked over to his suitcase and pulled out a shirt. She dropped the towel and Matty's mouth fell open.

"Where are we going tomorrow?" She asked, he watched as her naked body stood in front of him, shuffling into his t shirt.

"Paris." He answered, she made eye contact with him and silently they made peace with each other.

She crawled into bed and faced away from him. He mirrored her position and fought the urge to turn around and cuddle her like he would usually.

"I'm not dating you to justify cheating on Alice." He said out of the blue. Kat's eyebrows raised, she didn't say anything. "I don't know if that ever crossed your mind, it didn't for me but...yeah." He sighed.

"I know." She said finally.