Chapter 50

Ariana's  POV
"I can't" I said, tears began falling from my eyes as Scooter explained the terms of our relationship.
"Ariana, this is best for you. It's only a six month contract then you'll be free to marry whoever you want" he said, rubbing my back.
"No" I said stubbornly and he closed his eyes slowly.
"Look, you don't really have a choice. He's going to sue you if you don't, you'll have no money, no job and a bad reputation. You can still be with y/n" he said and I shook my head.
"She won't be with me" I began crying harder, thinking about losing y/n.

"She will, she loves you" he replied, pulling out a contract that stated I had to stay in the relationship for six months at the least and I couldn't expose the fake relationship.
I looked at Scooter who smiled sympathetically at me, handing me a pen. 

I read the contract, holding the pen in my shaky hand.
"I can't Scooter, this isn't what I want" I said, handing him back the contract.
"Ari...." he breathed out, shaking his head.
"Let me talk to y/n" I said, standing up and leaving the room.

"Did you see y/n?" I asked Taya.
"Yeah, she's out on the tour bus" she said coldly, y/n had obviously told her what happened.
"Thanks"

I knocked on the door and fredo answered, holding it open just enough so I couldn't see behind him.
"She doesn't want to talk" he said.
"I want to talk to her" I said sternly.
"Come back later" he said and I shook my head.
"Let me in Fredo or so help me I will have you fired quicker than you can say no" I warned and he stepped aside quickly.
Y/n was sitting on the sofa, Ricky had his arm around her comforting her and his eyes shifted to me as I walked closer.

"Y/n?" I croaked out but she just stared ahead of her.
"Can we talk?" I asked timidly, sitting beside her.
Ricky asked y/n if she was okay and she nodded. He stood up, looked at me before leaving me and y/n alone.
"Did you agree to it?" She finally broke the silence.
"Not yet" I replied and she scoffed.
"Could you imagine if it was the other way around?! You would never let it happen. So why the fuck do you think I'm going to let this happen?!" She snapped suddenly making me flinch slightly.

"I did something bad in our last relationship but only Sean knows and he said if I don't agree he would expose it. Baby, I'll lose everything" I began crying again as I spoke and she just blinked hard.
She put her head in her hands, running her hands through her hair.
"Say something" I said, looking at her.
"I don't want to lose you, I don't want to let you go but I can't see you with someone else. I want everyone to know you're mine but that's not possible if you're with him. What if you develop feelings for him? What if you leave me for him?" She asked, you could hear the pain in her voice.

"I won't leave you for him. That's crazy, I love you" I said in return and she closed her eyes softly.
"What did you do?" She asked and I knew I had to tell her, I owed her that.
After I told her, she understood and she embraced me tightly as I cried softly into her chest.

"I love you so much but you need to sign the contract" she said, her voice cracked as she spoke and I knew what was coming.
"I want you" I said, looking up at her.
"I know" she said before embracing me again and I felt her hot tear splash against my forehead.
"Don't do this. We can make it work" I was sobbing at this point and y/n's eyes glistened with tears.
"We can't. I'm letting you go for the next six months" she said, I broke down into tears, my whole body shook.
"Baby, don't make this harder. You have to sign that contract, you have to be in a relationship with him. I can't be the reason that you have no career, I won't let that happen. I love you more than you'll ever know, I'll wait for you" She said, pulling away for the hug and standing up.

"Just please try, I only have to be with him in public" I cried, desperate for her to stay.
"I can't" She croaked out, now tears streamed down her face.
"Don't leave tour, at least stay" I said and she nodded.
"I love you" She said, crouching down so she was on my level as I sat on the sofa, her hands resting on my knees.
"I love you too" I said, she wiped the tears from under my eyes.
"You're so beautiful" she said, making my heart break.
"I'll always be here if you need me but I can't be in this relationship if you're with someone else" she continued, I knew her heart was breaking just as much as mine was.

"Please don't do this" I cried and she sat beside me, holding onto my hand.
"I don't want to" she replied, looking down at our hands.
"Then don't" I said and she breathed out slowly.
"I'm sorry babu" she said, I looked at her and she leaned in, kissing my lips softly but I knew it was a goodbye kiss.

She pulled away but I placed my hand on the back of her neck to deepen the kiss but she pulled away.
"Goodbye baby" she said, kissing my forehead and leaving her lips lingering as I held onto her hand tightly.
She stood up and let go of my hand, walking out of the bus and Frankie took her place.
"You okay?" He asked, hugging me tightly and I just cried hard. I cried for the rest of that night, it was the most painful feeling I've ever experienced as I sat looking at photos of us and knowing it was over.