Home For The Holidays

The warm summer breeze turned chilly as September turned into October. The rain turned into snow as the end of November brought about the beginning of December. With The Great Lake frozen, and the climate to cold to play outside, the student body was becoming quite antsy. Everyone was feeling it. There were more fights happening, more arguing, more dueling. Draco and Hermione were overwhelmed with the amount of fights and duels they were breaking up in a day.

Collapsing on the couch, Hermione groaned in relief as she got to lie down. She stretched herself full out and layed her head on her arms, folded behind her head. She was just beginning to dose off when she heard the portrait open. She turned her head up and glanced at Draco and Blaise as they dropped their bags, shed their robes and made their way into the common room.

" Hey," she yelped as they both sat on top of her. They both jumped up in surprise and looked at the poor girl they had thought was their couch and chuckled.

" Sorry Hermione, didn't see you there," Blaise laughed, picking up her feet, sitting down and placing her feet back on top of him.

" The hell you didn't," she mumbled as Draco placed his hands under her upper torso and raised her up, sitting down and placing the top part of her in his lap. Officially laying on both boys was oddly more comfortable then the couch had been.

" You feel tense love, what's the matter?" Draco asked, playing with her hair. He could feel her tension coursing through his body, making him wish he wasn't Veela. He wondered if Blaise could feel it, but one look at his best friend's face and body twitch, he knew he could.

" Ugh, you wouldn't believe the day I had, aside from classes and homework, I broke up four fights, three duels and was the tissue for a tear-machine of a girl who just had her heart broken. That bloody girl cried for over an hour, can you believe it?" she cried, throwing her hands in the air.

" She didn't happen to be a Hufflepuff by any chance was she?" Draco asked, a flashback of the train ride to Hogwarts bringing a shudder coursing through his body. ' Bloody Hufflepuffs,' he thought.

" Ummm, no she wasn't, a Ravenclaw actually. But anyways, I wasn't able to find Luna or Pansy all day, Ginny is in detention for something and won't be back till late tonight, and Harry and Ron have gone missing as well. I'm glad you guys are here though. I would have gone stark raving mad." she sighed, before closing her eyes.

" Sounds like you've had one hell of a day Granger." said Blaise, taking off her shoes and rubbing her feet. Hermione sighed in bliss, while Draco flipped himself so Hermione was now laying in his lap between his legs, and began rubbing her neck.

" Ginny got detention for hexing some girl who made fun of her in Herbology, Harry and Luna are in the Gryffindor tower, most defiantly doing what your thinking their
doing, and Pansy and Ron are on patrol with McGonagall. Draco was supposed to patrol, but Weasley jumped at the opportunity when he heard it was with Parkinson and Draco wanted a night off." Blaise informed her, putting her feet back on his lap and picking up a book from the coffeetable, and began reading it.

" And I'm sure you've finished all the homework assigned to you. You just need to relax love, holidays are coming up and we're leaving school for two weeks in a few days. You should be excited." Draco tried to relax Hermione, but she only sighed.

" Yes, I have finished the homework, but that's not the point Draco. People are getting on my nerves, and yes, while holidays are coming up, I'm not leaving. It seems my parents are going on vacation and a dental conference, so it looks like I'll be staying here while everyone is enjoying being away from Hogwarts." she retorted, rubbing her eyes in frustration.

" Why don't you go with Weasley and Potter to the Burrow for the holidays?" asked Blaise, looking up from his book.

" I love the Weasley's, they are like my second family, but Merlin knows that place gets way to crowded over the holidays. Could you imagine yourself stuffed in that tiny house with nine Weasleys and other family and friends? I think it best to stay here." she replied.

" Well why don't you come with me to my house for the holidays?" Draco offered, hoping she would accept his offer. Getting her away from school would hopefully allow him some much needed alone time.

" Huh?" she asked, jumping up from between his legs and standing infront of the boys.

" Come with me to my house for the holidays. Stay at the manor and spend Christmas and New Years with me and my family. I know they would love to get to know you." he suggested, trying to get her to come.

" Would it just be me, you and your parents?" she asked shyly. She had come to terms being Draco's mate, and so far it was working out great. They had a few dates, many nights spent walking along the shores of The Great Lake, getting to know one another, but she was fine with those things because she was here at Hogwarts. She knew she was safe here, being alone with Draco. Leaving school grounds and spending three weeks at Malfoy Manor was making her nervous. She knew she could trust his parents, that she wasn't in any danger being there, but she was scared. Being away from school would mean being alone with Draco and her feelings for him. She knew she cared deeply for him, might even be love, but she didn't know if she was ready to decipher it, but being alone at Draco's house, just might make her.

" My parent's would be there, and my handsome self of course," Draco laughed.

" Of course," Hermione giggled. She loved how he could calm her down with his jokes and laughter.

" Plus we have about a dozen of elves who help around the house that I'm sure you would love to meet and get to know. But besides all of that, there's a cherry on the top of this sundae. Blaise and Ginny and spending the holidays at Malfoy Manor as well." Draco loved teasing her about her love of house elves. He never treated any of the elves in his home terrible. In fact, for many years, while Blaise was gone, they were his best friends. They cared for him when he was ill, played with him for hours, held him when he cried when his father had to leave. He loved those little creatures dearly.

" Wait, you'll be there...and Ginny as well? Why didn't she mention it to me?" Hermione gasped, looking at Blaise in shock.

" Because we wanted it to be a surprise, and it's Draco obligation to ask you to spend the holidays at his Manor, not ours Hermione. I know Ginny would love to have you there. We could all spend the holidays together, what do you say Hermione?" Blaise begged, getting down on his knees and looking up at her with his best puppy dog eyes.

Hermione laughed, and Draco joined Blaise on the floor, trying his best puppy dog eyes as well. The portrait slammed open, making everyone turn and look as Ginny stormed in, but paused at the scene before her.

" What's going on here?" she asked, laughing.

" Oh, the boys here are finally learning where they belong, on their hands and knees, like the dogs they are!" joked Hermione, earning her a pinch on her thigh from Draco. " No, I'm just accepting Draco's offer to spend the holidays at his home."

" Are you serious?"

" Yes Gin, we're going to be together for the holidays afterall."

" Yay!" squealed Ginny as she ran and jumped on Hermione, knocking her to the floor. The boys cheered and joined the pile as well. They were all rolling around when a tapping was heard at the window. Draco jumped up with Hermione on his back and went to let the owl in. It flew over their heads, coming to land on the fireplace and stuck it's leg out. Draco untied the letter while Hermione fed it a treat. It was a letter from his parents.

Dearest Son,

Your mother is beside herself with worry. You haven't written a single letter letting us know how you are, how school's going. But fortunatly Dumbledore has kept in touch, informing us that things with you and Miss Granger are going great. Your mother is sitting here poking me, insisting that I extend an invitation for Miss. Granger to join us for Christmas and New Years. Your mother would love to meet her, and get to know her. She promises not to embarrass you, or show pictures of you as a child, or bring up Wubs. Please write back and let us know of yours and Miss. Granger's plans for the holidays, or I swear, I will tell her about Wub's myself."

All Our Love,

Mother and Father

Draco, groaned and rolled his eyes. ' That dirty, underhanded dog said he'd never bring that up as long as he lived', he thought to himself.

"What's a Wub's?" asked Hermione, looking at Draco, who looked like he was going to pass out.

" Ahhhh, nothing, father's losing his mind,...you know..old age and everything." he joked, but silently cursed his father into the deepest, darkest corner of hell.

 "It's official, Lucius has gone off the deep end mate," Draco sighed and handed the note over to Blaise, who read it, holding in his laughter.

" I can't believe he threatened you like that. That's just cruel." Blaise snickered. Draco wrote back his response saying that all four of them would be joining them for the holidays and sent it off with the owl.

" His suttle idea of blackmail Blaise, you know how he works."

" So how come your not spending the holidays with your family Blaise?" asked Hermione.

" This is the way it's always been in our families, Granger. I spend Christmas and New Years with Draco and his family, while my parents go on vacation together. Then for the summer, Draco comes and stays with me and my family while his parents go for a vacation." replied Blaise.

" I can't wait." Hermione replied, trying to pry Ginny off herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" So, you get to spend three weeks in a huge palace, having people wait on you hand and foot, and lavish yourself in luxury? I'm sorry Herms, I'm not seeing the issue here." Ron exclaimed, trying to see where she was coming from, but growing up poor, he was finding it hard.

Hermione just sighed and sat down between Harry and Ron on one of the couches in the Gryffindor common room.

" But I feel bad Ron, not spending it with your family."

" Hermione, if it goes well, the Malfoy's will be your family. I think it would be good to get to know them a little better." Harry replied, patting her shoulder lightly in reassurance.

" And you agree with him, Ron?"

" Yes, I do Herms. I think it's a great idea for you to go. I know Mum will understand that you won't be coming to stay!"

She stood up and made her way to the portrait, opening it. She walked out, but before she closed it she asked, " and is that the answer you gave to Ginny when she informed you she was staying there as well with Blaise?" Just before the portrait closed she heard Ron scream at the top of his lungs,

" WHAT?"

She laughed as she began to make her way to the Head dorms, working on her apology she would no doubt have to give Ginny in the morning when the redhead got a stern talking to by her fuming brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bags were packed, and friends were saying their goodbyes as the holidays were beginning. Hermione was standing infront of the Great Hall, saying goodbye to Harry and Ron.

" Don't worry Herms, it's only three weeks, and if anything happens, just use your patronus and we'll be there in a minute." Ron said, hugging her tight.

" Thanks Ron, but I highly doubt anything will happen."

" Wasn't worried about you, I was talking about Ginny. You tell that snake to keep his grubby hands off my sister, or there will be hell to pay." he grumbled.

" Will do." she laughed, as she turned around to face Harry. She smiled the biggest smile as he gathered her up in his arms, spinning her around.

" I will miss you so much Mione, you have no idea." he whispered in her ear as she squeezed him with all her strength.

" I will miss you so much to Harry, I wish you were coming with me as well."

" Ummm, from what I think Malfoy has in mind to do with you during the holidays, I'm pretty sure you won't want me with you," he laughed as she slapped him on his arm.

 " Harry James Potter, you have such a dirty mind."

" Better not be having dirty thoughts about my mate Potter, or we'll be having words." Draco exclaimed, coming to stand beside Hermione, wrapping his arm around her waist.

" Take care of her Malfoy," Harry said, extending his hand and walking over to Draco, but he tripped and fell forward into Draco, who caught him in his arms.

" You really need to have a chat with Potter here Hermione, he just can't seem to keep his hands off of me." Draco laughed, holding Harry a little longer then needed.

" Shut it Malfoy, I fell." Harry blushed, pushing himself away from Draco. " I have no feelings for you, aside from the feeling of bashing your head in I'm having right now."

" Your such a flirt Potter, I'd be swooning but we're in public."

" I swear, I'm going to throttle you, but we have to get going, the carriages are here." Harry exclaimed, grabbing Ron's arm and dragging him away. He waved back to Draco and Hermione before climbing into the carriage.

" I'm counting the days until I get to see your face again Potter," Draco shouted, blowing kisses at the carriage, earning him a very rude hand gesture out the carriage window from Harry. Hermione waved goodbye one more time before turning to Draco and laughed,

" You really shouldn't tease Harry like that Draco."

" Love, I'm all for being friends with Potter and Weasley, but teasing them is the only thing I have left, so don't take away my fun. You ready to go?" he asked as their carriage came up.

" Aren't we waiting for Blaise and Ginny? I thought we were arriving together!"

" Wait, we're here, we're here!" Ginny hollered out of breath, running up to the carriage with her trunk floating behind her. Blaise was panting, leaning over, placing his hands on his thighs.

" Where were you guys?" asked Hermione, placing her trunk inside the carriage, after shrinking it.

" Waiting for Ginny. The world would end if she didn't bring every article of clothing she owns for a three week holiday." Blaise huffed, putting his shrunken trunk inside the carriage.

" I like to be prepared. There's no harm in that." Ginny mumbled, taking a seat beside Hermione.

" No, only in the case of possibly missing the carriage, then there would be cause for alarm." Blaise laughed, sitting beside Draco. The boys began talking about Quidditch so the girls turned towards each other.

" I would like to thank you so very much for telling my over protective brother my holiday plans. He hollered at me for two hours straight Mione, I swore I would be deaf before he finished." Ginny grunted.

" I'm sorry Gin, I thought he knew. I didn't mean to get you in trouble."

" I wrote my mother a foot long letter, informing her of everything that's happened, with Blaise and Draco being Veela's, me being Blaise's mate and spending Christmas and New Year's with his family. She agreed and suggested that she tell Ron what was happening, so I wouldn't have to deal with his temper." Ginny explained.

" Again, I'm sorry Ginny, I hope he wasn't mean or anything."

" Well not to me, but he was pretty rude towards Blaise."

" He promised to hex certain important and neccesary body parts off if I layed a finger on Ginny. Who in their right mind would do such a thing? He's a male for Merlin's sake, he should know how valuable those body parts are." Blaise exclaimed, shaking his head.

Hermione chuckled and nestled herself closer to Ginny, resting her head on her shoulder, nodding off. Soon everyone had fallen asleep, missing the rest of the ride.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The carriage came to an stop, signalling their arrival. Everyone piled out of the carriage, groggy from the sleep. Draco and Blaise hauled the girls trunks out along with their's and escorted them towards the front door. Both girls stopped in their tracks and stared up at the gigantic house. Suddenly feeling overwhelmingly under dressed, Hermione clutched her robes tighter around herself. Feeling her worry, Draco came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his head in the crook of her neck.

" Relax love, there's nothing to worry about. You look beautiful. I know my parents will love you just as much as I do, now let's get inside before one of us catches our death of cold." Draco whispered, taking her hand in his and walking through the front doors.

" Hello Master Draco, Master Blaise, Tippy is glad to sees you." squeaked a little elf, popping up beside the boys.

Hermione and Ginny both gasped in surprise to not only see the little elf dressed in clothes, but to see the two most fearful Slytherin's in Hogwarts bend down to give the little elf a hug.

" Hello Tippy, we missed you too. Are Mother and Father around?" Draco asked, taking off his and Hermione's robes and handing them over to Tippy.

" Yes sirs, they are in the livingroom, waiting to see the Misses."

Draco grabbed Hermione's hand and Blaise grabbed Ginny's and led them through the front hall into the livingroom.

" Merlin!" both girls breathed. The livingroom was the size of the entire Head dorms. The walls were a beautiful cream color with gold trimming , while the carpet was a plush, forest green. A gigantic fireplace was built into the furestest wall, which Hermione guessed was also the floo. Along the top of it, was many moving family photos and keepsakes, and a huge painting hung above it. Two silver trimmed, black leather couches sat on either side of it, while two beautiful, regal looking armchairs sat in between them. ' That's probably where Draco's parent's sit in the evenings,' Hermione thought. Along another wall stood an enormous cabinet, filled with many different wines and liquers, and a few brandy glasses as well as wine and champaigne glasses. As if out of nowhere, Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy stood up from the armchairs and came to stand in front of the boys.

" Mother, Father, it's so good to see you." Draco exclaimed, giving his father a hug and placing a kiss on his mothers cheek.

" It good to see you well.... and alive." snickered Lucius, giving his son a pat on the back. " Blaise, you look well, how are you godson?"

" I'm fine, thank you uncle. Aunt Cissa, you look fantastic, as always."

" Thank you Blaise, you always did know how to suck up. I heard about what happened at Hogwarts, and I am appalled. I thought we raised you better? You better hope your mother doesn't hear about your actions." Narcissa raised a perfectly manicured eyebrow at Blaise, who's faced blanched for a second before turning beet red.

" Yes Ma'am. " Blaise whispered, moving behind Draco.

" So, let me see your mates. I wish to meet the women who have captured my son and godson's hearts!" Narcissa demanded, folding her arms across her chest. Blaise cleared his throat, grabbing Ginny's hand and leading her to stand in front of Narcissa.

" Aunt Cissa, may I introduce my friend and mate, Ginerva Weasley."

" Pleased to meet you ma'am." Ginny squeaked out, holding her hand out. Narcissa shook it elegantly, and began to lean forward.

" Miss. Weasley, you are without a doubt, one beautiful witch. How's your mother doing?"

" She's fine Mrs. Malfoy, she sends her regards and thanks you for allowing me to spend the holidays here." Ginny replied, smiling a shy smile.

" You are welcome here anytime, and please call me Narcissa or Cissa. Mrs. Malfoy was Lucius' mother. Blaise, she is wonderful, I approve of your mate." Ginny breathed out a thankful breath and went to stand back with Blaise. " Now Draco, introduce me to your mate."

" Mother, allow me to introduce to you my friend, my heart, my mate, Hermione Jean Granger." Draco said, pulling Hermione towards his mother.

" It's a pleasure to meet you Ma'am." Hermione whispered, bowing her head. She felt Narcissa put her fingers under her chin and lift her head up, her eyes meeting with Narcissa's steel blue ones.

" My dear, you are my son's mate. You bow to no one." Narcissa said, her eyes softening and her mouth turned up in a beautiful smile. She began walking around Hermione, studying her. Hermione was beginning to feel nervous, and a shiver of fear slipped down her spine, making her skin break out in goosebumps.

" Miss. Granger, you are an absoluetly breath taking beauty. And from the praises I have heard from both my son and husband, a very powerful witch who's marks and intelligence no one can match, and I would be very honored to have you as a part of our family. Draco, I approve of your mate with all my heart." Narcissa smiled at her son, who wasn't paying any attention to her, but looking at Hermione with loving eyes.

" Thank you Ma'am, you are to kind."

" Please call me Narcissa or Cissa, I abhor the the Mrs's title. Makes me feel old."

" Alright Cissa, but please call me Hermione, the same title makes me feel old as well." Hermione laughed. " But may I ask a question if that's alright?"

" Of course dear, ask anything you like!"

" How come you had to approve of their mates? I didn't read anything in the Veela books at school about having to be approved of, or is that an old tradition in Pureblood families?"

" Your right Lucius, she is curious." Narcissa laughed, but when she looked at Hermione who looked like she'd been slapped in the face, she frowned. " Oh no dear, don't take offence to that, I myself, am also a curious person at nature. It's fine you want to know, there is nothing wrong with wanting to learn, something I've been trying to drill into Draco and Blaise since they were babies. It's not a Veela thing, my dear, but it is a Pureblood thing. It's been done since I can remember, that the elders must approve of the mates or future husbands and wives that are going to be taking over the running of the family. Stupid if you ask me, but don't fix what's not broken I guess." Narcissa explained, extending her arms to both girls and walking into the kitchen.

The boys beamed at Lucius, who was shaking his head.

" I think my wife has found a kindred spirit in your mates, boys. I knew she would approve."

" I'm glad she did. Is dinner ready? I'm starving." complained Draco, rubbing his stomach.

" Draco, the last time you ate here, you were under the impression that the elves here were trying to kill you slowly by poisoning." laughed his father, following behind his wife.

" Well, I thought they were, but now that I know what was going on, I no longer think that Father. But thank you for reminding me, now I'm not so hungry."

The three laughed and walked inside the kitchen. Draco was about to take his seat, when he stopped, his face blanching when he heard Hermione ask,

" Cissa, what's a wub's?"

Draco needed a drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Ugh, I'm officially stuffed. I couldn't possibly eat another bite." moaned Blaise, rubbing his stomach. The dinner was over and the four teens made their way back into the livingroom, each plopping themselves down on a couch and moaning about their stomachs. Draco laid his head in Hermione's lap and she began running her fingers through his hair. Lucius and Narcissa came in not a little while later, taking their seats in the armschairs.

" Did everyone get enough to eat?" asked Lucius, getting only moans as response. He laughed, " okay, well it's getting late, and I'm sure the girls would like to see their rooms for the next three weeks. Would you escort them to their rooms where they can get out of their school robes and washed up boys?"

" Yes Father," moaned Draco, helping Hermione stand up and walking out of the livingroom, coming to stop at the grand staircase.

" We have to walk up all of those?" asked Hermione, counting the stairs, but losing count somewhere after forty.

" If you know another way of climbing stairs Granger, I'm all ears, but a far as I know, walking up them is the only way to go." replied Draco, beginning his climb with Blaise and Ginny on his heels. He was halfway there when he glanced up, and at the top of the steps, was Hermione a huge smile plastered on her face.

" Now how the hell did you get up there?" Blaise asked.

" Well, unless I'm mistaken, we're four, legal wizards. I didn't feel like climbing stairs, so I just levitated myself, which I would have informed you to do if you hadn't gotten all snippy." she huffed.

" We weren't snippy, we were more like short fused, snippy just sounds so cold." joked Blaise, finally reaching the top.

" So what's on this floor?" asked Ginny, glancing down the hallway.

" Father's study, Mother's reading room, library, and a few other rooms that are used as spare rooms," Draco replied, watching as Hermione's eyes lit up at the mention of a library. He raised an eyebrow and continued climbing the last steps up to the last level where the bedrooms were. Blaise and Ginny were talking about visiting the gardens outside afterwards and Draco thought that was a good idea. He spun around about to ask Hermione, only to find her not there.

" Where did Hermione go?" he asked, searching behind them.

Ginny laughed, " I have an idea. What does Hermione love more then school, and would pass up a date with the hottest wizard in Hogwarts to do on a saturday?"

Draco groaned and shook his head. He nodded to Blaise to take Ginny to her room, while he went in search of his to-curious-for-her-own-good mate. He quietly opened the doors to the library and stuck his head in. He breathed in deep and knew she was in here somewhere, he felt her inside him. He silently made his way past the stacks, peeking down every one, till he found her, nestled in an armchair wth her legs tucked underneath her, a book opened in her lap. She was twisting a strand of hair around her finger while nibbling on her lower lip. He never saw her look so beautiful. He crept up behind her and lunged, grabbing her shoulders. She screamed bloody murder, and leapt from her chair, the book falling to the ground. Draco grabbed his sides and fell to the ground, laughing while Hermione stood there, eyes wide and her hand on her heart, trying to calm her breathing.

" Merlin, you scared me half to death." she wheezed, leaning over, placing her hands on her knees. Draco only laughed harder. " And look, you made me lose my place in the book."

" If you hadn't wandered away from everyone, this never would have happened. I would have been glad to give you a full tour of the library once we got settled in." Draco panted, wiping the tears from his eyes.

" I just couldn't resist. I hear the word library and I suddenly feel this overwhelming need to go inside and look around, smell the bindings and lose myself in a good read." she sighed, " you wouldn't understand."

" You sure about that?"

She nodded her head, bending over to retrieve her book.

" Well, let me tell you something. What you just described about your love of reading, is the same way I feel about you. I can't help but want to be near you, every minute of everyday. You walk in the room and my sanity walks out, that's just a taste of how a mere glimpse of your presence effects me Hermione!" Draco grabbed her hands, bringing them to his lips, kissing every knuckle. " So don't you ever say I don't know about your love of books, because it's the same love I have for you."

She didn't know what to say. She knew he cared for her, but there was that word again. Love. He had been using that word alot lately, and frankly it was terrifying. She liked him, she liked him alot, but she was sure she didn't love him. She searched her brain for something to say, only coming up empty handed. He was looking at her with an expression that was begging for her to say something, anything.

" Alright then." Was all she could come up with.

" Alright then," he laughed. He pulled her down into his lap and brought his lips to hers. Honey colored eyes stared deep into silver, and she reached around and laced her fingers behind his neck, pulling him tighter against herself. He smiled against her mouth wrapping his arms around her waist, pushing his mouth harder onto hers. He ran his tongue along her bottom lip, asking for entrance that she gave willingly. He slipped it in and massaged her tongue with his. Deep from her throat, a growl bubbled, and soon each of theirs were battling for dominance. Her hands slipped from his neck, and ran through his hair, grabbing it tight. He groaned and leaned forward, laying her on the floor, placing himself between her legs. The need for air was becoming to great and he removed his mouth from hers, only to latch it on her neck. Hermione closed her eyes and leaned her head to the side, granting him more access. Her skin prickled as he ran his tongue down her throat, across her collarbone and up the other side, leaving a trail of fire in it's wake.

Draco was heated, never before had a female made him feel so alive. Needing her closer, he ground his hips into her, feeling her shudder beneath him, knowing she wanted more. His gums began tingling, he felt the sharp pricks of his canines on his lips. Merlin, this girl was like a drug. So addictive, like nothing he had ever come accross before. Somehow this girl had burrowed herself so deep into him that he could feel her moving restlessly beneath his skin. He wanted her to feel him.

Ever so slowly, she felt his hands leave her waist and begin to travel. Her head was swimming and she felt a sudden chill. She gasped when Draco unbuttoned her blouse, revealing her plain white bra, exposing her to him. She watched as his eyes began darkening, becoming completely black and he began panting. His hands roamed her upper body, lingering on more sensitive areas a little longer and he bent his head into the crook of her neck and breathed in deep.

" Merlin, you smell amazing." he groaned, taking a deeper breath of her scent.

" What do I smell like?" she whispered, her fingers dancing lightly on his arms.

He didn't answer, only growled when his hands dipped lower, running along the lengths of her thighs. He grabbed the hem of her skirt and began raising it up as he bared his fangs at her. A slight smirk graced his features and he began decending his head down to meet his hand, his body tingiling with excitement over finally marking his mate, when Hermione suddenly placed her hands against his chest, pushing hard, sending him sprawling backwards and landing on his back. She grabbed each side of her blouse, pulling it tightly around herself, trying extremely hard to catch her breath. She jumped up, taking a few steps away from him for safety.

" What's wrong?" Draco asked, panting hard.

" I like you Draco, I mean, I really like you. So much that I'm worried it might be love, but I...I," she sighed, shutting her eyes tight, trying to get the image of him sitting there on the floor, hair dishevled, shirt pulled out of his pants and bunched around his chest, panting hard from their previous adventure and eyes darkened with intense lust. He looked too good to turn down, but she knew she wasn't ready. " But I don't think I'm ready to do..that yet. I'm scared Draco, no scratch that, I'm bloody terrified to my very soul. I'm sorry, I guess I'm not the perfect mate you thought I was." She whispered the last part, dropping her head against her chest and allowed a few tears to escape the corners of her eyes, feeling the wet trail of them as they rolled off her cheeks and splashed on the rug.

" You have to be the dumbest, smartest person I have ever met in my entire bloody life, you know that Granger?" He replied, smoothing his shirt and running a hand through his hair. She glanced up, a single eyebrow raised, her cheeks beginning to tint a light pink as anger began seeping into her.

" Excuse me?" she angrily whispered.

" You think that because we're not sleeping together that your not a good mate? Have you seen the slags I used to be associated with?" he asked, coming to stand in front of her.

" Yes, unfortunatly I have been privy to a few of your escapades during previous school years." she replied, rolling her eyes at the memory of some of the girls.

" They were just for my entertainment. I never talked to them and wanted to know about them, hell sometimes I didn't even catch their names! But you, I took the time to get to know about you, everything my mind could squeeze in about you. I used them for a few hours to get what I wanted then it was done and I never spoke to them again, never thought about them again, never really wanted to actually. I think about you all the time, all day and night. I love how your brain works, constantly thinking about something, never shutting down. I have a bet with Blaise that it's even running while your sleeping! I have never once tried pushing you into doing something you weren't ready for, never asked for anything from you except maybe not let me die. With them, if I wasn't getting anything, I didn't have time for them. I love you Hermione, with everything I have, and I would never, ever ask or make you to do anything you weren't ready for. If it took forever for you to be ready, then that's how long I would wait." he calmly said, rubbing her arms with his hands, and helping her with her buttons. After the last button was done up, his placed his hand under her chin, lifting her head up so she was looking him in the eyes.

" We can't forever Draco, you'll die if we wait longer then March." she joked, trying to ease the tension.

" If your not ready by March, then my death will not have been in vain because I died for the one I loved."

" Alright then."

He laughed, " you really are one peculiar witch, you know that?"

" How so?"

" I tell you I love you, your answer back was ' alright then'. We start messing around and you freak right out, I tell you I'm willing to die for your virtue, you say again 'alright then'. Very peculiar. But if you don't mind me asking, why are you terrified? Is it me your terrified of?" he took a step back, just incase it was him.

" It would be a lie if I said no. You scare me to death!"

" Why? You should know I would never do anything to hurt you, and I explained that how I was in the past was...." Hermione placed her fingers on his mouth and shushed him.

" No, not you as a person Draco, you couldn't scare a child. It's what you do to me, how you make me feel, what you make me want to do."

" Not following you Hermione. And for your information, I'm a pretty scary bastard." he replied, folding his arms across his chest in hurt.

" Yes dear, forgive me. How could I have assumed such an idiotic notion of you not being scary, I'm such a fool. Please forgive me," she begged, getting down on her knees.

" Alright, but never forget I am scary or I will be forced to remind you." he answered, rasing an eyebrow to prove his point.

" I'm afraid of how I feel. What I feel for you, I have never felt for another man before in my life and it's scary. I'm not sure what to call it, I care for you, I do, but it's more then that, but I don't know if I would call it love, but Merlin knows I'm sure it's pretty damn close to it. And that's more then I've ever felt for another man other then my father. I wanna..you know.. with you anytime, all the time, but I can't bring myself to until I know for sure what I feel for you. Draco, I wanna hug you and throttle you all at the same time. You make me laugh and piss me off simultaneously. I don't know what I'm saying." She laughed nervously, picking her book up and holding it tight across her chest.

" I think I understand love. It's weird, because I was having the same doubts about you in the beginning. I live my life for you now, but for the past six years, I would have laughed if someone suggested the idea. It's a tough thing to get through for sure, but your a very smart witch, I know you'll figure it out. For now, let's just keep doing what we're doing, I think we got a good thing going. What were you reading?" he asked, nodding towards the book while taking her hand and leading her back to the armchair.

She sat down, Draco between her legs on the floor. " Just some witchy romance novel that I'm assuming your mother left laying around." Draco rested his head on her inner right thigh, running his fingers lightly up and down her calf.

" Read to me?" he asked, childishly.

" Seriously?" she asked, shocked.

" I love the sound of your voice, it's soothing to me. I think it's a Veela thing, plus I just enjoy being in your company, and if you wanna read, well why don't we read together?"

" Soothing? Really? What's the thing with smelling me all the time, like when you stick your face in my neck?"

" It calms me. Why does it bother you? I can stop if you like."

" No, I just wondered what it was about. Speaking of smelling, you always say I smell nice, and I know Veela's mates have a certain smell to them, what do I smell like to you?"

" Oh no, you'll laugh at me."

" I promise I won't, however I can't promise the same about wub's" she looked down at him, and he shook his head." Well I'm not reading till you tell me!"

He sighed, " fine. You smell like home," he mumbled, hoping she didn't hear him.

" Home? I don't understand."

" I never felt like I truely belonged at Hogwarts, somehow I always felt unwanted. The only place in the entire world I ever felt wanted, needed, loved and safe was at home. When I'm with you, I feel all those things, and it only intensifies when I'm in your arms. You smell like home, because when I look at you, smell you, hear your voice, I feel like I'm home, and its the most amazing feeling in the entire world to me." he explained, his cheeks sporting a light pink blush of embarrassment.

" That may have been the most romantic thing I have ever heard." she sniffed, fresh tears stinging her eyes.

" Yes, well I have been known to be romanic from time to time. Now, let's get reading, I want to hear about this half naked man flexing his arms around a stick-like girl on the front cover. 2 galleons says he's the woman in the relationship." he joked.

Hermione laughed, shaking her head. She opened to the first page and began reading, while Draco closed his eyes, and started to again trail his fingers up, down and around her calf, drawing some design he didn't know.

Halfway through the book, Hermione didn't know when she started playing with his hair, but she had a few strands wrapped around her fingers. She lowered the book to see him passed out on her thigh, his mouth slightly parted and she could feel little puffs of his breath, tickling her skin. She smiled, he looked so much like an angel when he slept, but Merlin knows it's completly different when he's awake. She yawned and quietly went back to reading her book, only to nod off herself a few minutes later, resting her head on the armrest and her arms draped around Draco's neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fire in the library began to dim, the heat slowly drifting away, yet both sleeping occupants hardly felt the cold. Wrapped completly around one another, sharing each others heat, both had wandered off into dreams, neither one hearing entering footsteps.

" Look love, I remember we used to read to one another when we were younger." Narcisssa exclaimed, fondly remembering her younger years.

"Yes, except I hardly drooled on your leg as Draco seems to deem fit to do on Ms. Granger." Lucius snorted, his nose bunched up in disgust as he watched a trickle of drool leave his sons open mouth and run down Hermione leg.

" And I do believe we had a deal we weren't going to call me Ms. Granger anymore." Hermione mumbled, causing Narcissa to grab her heart.

" Indeed we did. My apologies, Hermione. How are you enjoying your room? Is everything to your liking?" Lucius asked, offering a hand, helping Hermione climb around the sleeping form of Draco, and coming to stand in front of the adults.

Hermione's face reddened. " Actually, I never got there yet. I-I kinda got sidetracked, as you can see. I'm sorry." she dropped her head.

Lucius rasied a hand to silence her. " Not a problem, I can sometimes lose Narcissa in here for days if I'm not careful."

" Might I ask what time it is? I-I don't know how long I feel asleep for." Hermione blushed.

" It has only been a few hours since dinner, my dear. Would you like me to show you to your room?" Narcissa asked, extending her arm, waiting for Hermione to take it.

" But what about Draco? Should I wake him up?"

" Oh no, leave him, he's a big boy, he knows where his room is." Narcissa flicked her hand towards the fire, igniting a small flame, giving her son some heat. Hermione linked her arm through Narcissa's and walked out of the library.

" So might I ask what peaked your interest in our library?" Narcissa asked, starting some conversation.

"This is embarrassing, but I was thinking since Draco is a Veela, that you two would have some better information about them then Hogwarts does. For the life of me, I can't find anything that has helped me so far."

Narcissa opened a door to an extremely large room which she led Hermione inside. Oddly, it resembled her room at Hogwarts and Hermione looked up at Narcissa is wonder.

" We found we actually didn't know that much about you, and my son seems to have come down with a case of never-writing-home disease, so I took it upon myself to write Dumbledore, and with some help from him, I made this room." she explained, coming to sit on the side of the bed. She patted the space beside her, silently inviting Hermione to come sit beside her.

" That was too kind of you Cissa, I would have been fine with a normal room." Hermione sat, bringing her legs up under herself.

" Nonsense, nothing is too good for my son's mate my dear, now why would you be looking for information on Veela's? From what I have heard about you, you should have all the knowledge you need on them."

Hermione felt ashamed. Here was the most elegant, most refined woman, mother of her Veela sitting in front of her, calling her intelligent, when she felt far from it. A tear slid down her cheek, and she wiped away the offending thing, hoping Narcissa hadn't seen. Unfortunatly she did.

" Why are you crying Hermione? Did I say something to offend you?"

Hermione chuckled lightly, " no, of course not. I'm just so frustrated. I know, or I have read, everything ever written about Veela's. Yet here I sit, knowing basically nothing." Hermione shrugged her shoulders in defeat.

Narcissa grabbed both of Hermione's hands in hers and turned to face her. " I have been waiting for this day my entire life. I love my son, don't misunderstand me, but I have always wanted a girl. I think that's true of every mother though. Draco's an amazing son, who, more often then not, tends to get into trouble. He also perfers to go to his father for knowledge and everything. It seems, the older her gets, the less of an importance I am to him. When he was a baby, he needed nearly everything from me. Feeding, changing, then when he got a little older, a kiss when he fell off his broom, a hug when he had a bad dream, but lately, it's more his father. I guess that happens when a boy gets older though."

" He loves you dearly Cissa, he speaks often about you."

" I know he does, and I him, but now I have you in my life. I feel like I have a daughter, and when it comes to this, I have a place. I think I might know what your problem is Hermione, and I going to try to help."

Hermione's face lit up. " You can help me?"

" If I am correct, I believe I can. Why don't you change into more comfortable clothes, and I'll wait outside in the hallway. We'll go down into the gardens for an evening stroll, it's so beautiful, and we'll discuss some issues."

" That would be wonderful. I won't be but a minute." Hermione raced into the closet, while she heard Narcissa shuffle out of the room. She threw off her robes, changed into a light sweater and black yoga pants with a pair of sneakers and raced out, nearly running over Narcissa in the hallway, anxious to learn everything she could. Narcissa laughed, knowing the girl was curious, she herself was when she was younger. They began walking down the stairs. Reaching the bottom, Narcissa directed her towards the back of the house, opening two elegant doors. They began their decent into the gardens.

" So, I hope I'm not too forward in assuming this Hermione, but I believe your problem with the books is that their all facts, am I correct?"

" Yes, I knew about Veela's, and even met a few when Hogwarts hosted the Tri-Wizard Tournament in fourth year. But I never thought I would be subjected to becoming a mate. For the longest time, I always thought I would have some say over who I loved, who I married,"

" Who was your first." Narcissa finished. Hermione's face flushed deep red. " Hermione, you forget I am myself a mate to a Veela."

" I forget all the time that Lucius is a Veela. He doesn't act like a Veela at all!"

" Well he's had many years to learn to control his actions and feelings. A fair bit better then Blaise and Draco from what I've been told."

" Yes, he does seem a bit more controlled, that's for sure."

" But unfortunatly, all new Veela's have very little control over their feelings and actions." Narcissa stopped by a nearby pond and sat down, removed her shoes and dipped her into it. Hermione, glad they had a heated garden, followed suit. " Now, when I was young, I was just like you. Always wanting to learn, always wanting to be the best. Yet when I found out I was the mate to Lucius, I was terrified. I wasn't his friend, infact I hated him. He was popular, handsome and had lots of girlfriends, a trait I'm afraid Draco has inherited, as well as Blaise. But being a pureblood and living in the wizarding world, I knew about Veela's. But here I was, being thrown into that world, fresh and new and scared, as I'm sure you are."

Hermione nodded. " I'm just scared because Draco's had so many, um, flings I guess, and I've never been with a man before, and he's going to have all these expectations of me, where I'm worried that I can't even kiss him properly."

Narcissa laughed. " Yes, as much as I'm ashamed to admit, my son and godson are not as uneducated when it comes to being with women as I would like them to be, but neither was Lucius. He had quite the reputation when it came to being with the girls in our school. Where I had the reputation of being a prude and frigid."

" Me as well. If I didn't have to wear a skirt, I'm sure my friend's wouldn't even know I was female." Hermione agreed.

" Oh my yes," Narcissa laughed, " I felt the same way. And I bet every single book you've read has claimed that the marking ritual is a highly sexual thing am I correct?" Hermione nodded, " well as some would see it that way, it's more bonding them sexual. It's really just a bite, get injected with some vemon, which does hurt at first, then afterwards your actually able to connect better with your Veela. Doesn't mean you have to sleep with them right away. There's nothing written that says that you need to have sex with them to save their lives, that's a common misconception. I hope that clears some things up."

" Ugh, some of those authors need to be shot. Not once did I read that it wasn't a sexual proceeding. I even tried reading the book where they interviewed some mates and tried to get their side of the story for knowledge, but that book didn't help either."

" Your scared about your sudden feelings for my son?" Again Hermione nodded. " From what I have been told these past years, you two weren't the best of friends. Infact I'm sure the term unfathomable hatred was used a few times, and yet now in the couple of months that have passed, you feel yourself feeling something close to love that you never imagined you'd feel for Draco ever in your life?"

" It's scary how much you actually understand me Cissa. No one has ever come close to knowing what's going on in my head, even those who have known me my entire life."

" I find it's easier to relate when you've been in similar positions yourself. But I think I can help you there. While I'm sure you know Veela's have these pheremones that they give off that attract the opposite sex to them?" Hermione nodded. " You do know they don't work on us right?"

" Wait what? No, you can't be serious. That's the only thing I have going that can even possiby begin to explain my attraction to Draco."

" Yes dear, unfortunatly it's true. It wouldn't be right to trick your mate into loving you, it has to be true love. However, once a Veela is able to mark their mate, they stop producing so much pheremones, but they still attract attention."

" But, before now, I have never had any sort of attraction to your son, how is it I do now?"

" Well most of the books say that the marking strenghens the bond between the Veela and mate, and most mates would say that they didn't have any feelings towards their Veela. However, many, including myself, easily forget that hate is a feeling."

" Merlin, I forgot about that. In one book, it said that even the tiniest of feeling will turn into stronger feelings, and I just thought that it meant I would hate him even more, not fall in love." Hermione slapped her hand over her mouth. She had said she was in love with Draco Malfoy!

" No matter the feeling, the fact that there was something between you two, the Veela magic will attach itself to that. I don't know the fine mechanics of it all, I don't think anyone really does, but it somehows turns it into love, a stronger love then the usual. But one good thing comes from being with a Veela. They will spend the rest of their lives trying to make you the happiest you'll ever be. Which is better then most could ever hope for."

" I suppose that's true." Hermione sighed, there was just so much to learn and get used to in such a short amount of time. Hermione nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard Ginny come up behind them.

" Sorry, I didn't mean scare you two, I was just going for a walk myself, too much on my mind to sleep. I hope I'm not interrupting anything, I can leave if you like." Ginny began backing up, when Narcissa held up her hand for her to stop.

" Nonsense dear, as my godson's mate, you are officially family now. Come sit, what's on your mind?"

Ginny came and planted herself beside Hermione, leaning her head on her shoulder. " It's just Christmas. I love Blaise and would really like to get him something real special, I just don't know what!"

Hermione's head snapped up, sending Ginny falling sideways. She had forgotten about Christmas and presents with everything going on. Merlin, it was only two days away, how was she going to go shopping and get everything done in just two days?

" Well how about we do a girl's day tomorrow, head to Diagon Alley, get our shopping done, have something to eat, and I have a surprise for each of you." Narcissa offered.

" Cissa we don't have the money to do all those things. It took since last year to save up to buy presents this year." Hermione exclaimed.

" I won't hear about it anymore ladies. Hermione and the same for you as well Ginny have an account to ours and Blaise's family Gringrott's vaults. Money is one thing you will never have to worry about again for the rest of your lives. Lucius and Marco, Blaise's father, have seen to it. Now we are going to Diagon Alley, and that's final. Have a good night ladies, and got lots of sleep, we have a full day ahead of us!" Narcissa stood up and left, leaving Hermione and Ginny wide eyed.

" It's really scary how much she's like your mother Ginny." Hermione chuckled.

" Yeah, nothing like being home for the holidays!" Ginny mumbled, splashing water at Hermione.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys i updated i know its late i was just really busy over the weekend sorry :) forgive me :)

please:

Vote          

Comment          

Fan