Getting Accepted to University

A/N: This is it! The last part! I appreciate everyone who has read both this and the pregnancy series! Also, I am not from the UK so some of the lingo and schooling concepts in this chapter are from Google as well as some that are Americanized so if I don't have all the facts right, please forgive me! Also, I don't actually know Tom's old apartments address, I just picked a random street in Kingston so please don't go to the address thinking he lives there.

17 years old

You, Tom , Parker and Noah sat on the bleachers of Kingsmeadow football pitch as your daughter played in the city finals with her school. You were biting your nails in anticipation as the score was tied 1 to 1 with only 3 minutes left to play and you thought Tom was about to have a heart attack next to you.

Parker, your 13 year old, was holding up a sign with Charlie's number and last name printed on the front and Noah had her number painted on his cheek as he cheered for his girlfriend of over two years. You watched as she ran all over the pitch, possibly for the last time in her maroon Chessington uniform and you wondered where the time had gone.

You had watched her grow up and despite 18 years having passed since you found out you were pregnant in that little apartment at 10 Thorpe Rd, you couldn't believe that it wasn't yesterday that you heard her little heartbeat over the ultrasound speakers for the first time. Now she'd be heading off to university next fall and you weren't prepared in the slightest.

Tom held your hand tightly as Charlie stole the ball from the other team, everyone in the stands joining him in clenching their teeth in anticipation and the applause roared.

She raced down field, surpassing every defender until it was just her and the keeper, face to face. When Charlie faked right, you knew she was doing the move that Noah had taught her. They worked on it in your backyard for nearly three weeks until she finally got it and now she was about to show it off for close to 2000 people.

You watched in slow motion as she kicked the ball off the ground where it then curved and hit the goal post, knocking it into the net just as the officials blew their whistles to signal the end of the game.

The screams were piercing as her entire team crowded her you weren't sure if you were watching a high school league or the women's world cup with how many fans were up out of their seats cheering for your little girl.

The four of you waited outside the locker rooms for Charlie to emerge and Tom was talking with the boys about rugby while you stared off into the distance, a dramatic flair you learned from being married to one of the biggest movie stars of your generation.

"Hey," Tom's voice startled you as it pulled you back into your little circle. "That's James Hobbs, the football scout." Tom whispered, gesturing over to the opposite side of the room where a tall, dark haired man was leaning against the concrete wall.

Your mouth went dry when you realized the was waiting for someone from this locker room. It very well could have been any of the players, because they were all fantastic, but your stomach was immediately in knots when you came across the idea that it could be Charlie that he wants to speak to.

Your attention was pulled back towards the locker room door when it slammed open, revealing your daughter and a couple of her teammates. Charlie was changed into some Nike sweats and her hair was wet from the showers, but she looked as happy as could be.

"You did so great, babe!" Noah was the first to approach her, pulling her into his chest and kissing her forehead sweetly. She smiled into his shirt before pulling back, moving onto the next proud loved one in line.

Parker was next, giving her a side hug and telling her "you did okay I guess" to which she responded by playfully punching him in the arm.

Tom stood back, waiting for his turn to congratulate the star of the night and when she approached him, you swore the look on his face was one of pure pride. You hadn't seen a look quite like it since the day she was born.

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart," he said softly as he slung an arm around her shoulders and pulled her into him. You stood on the other side of Tom, trying your hardest not to bust from how amazed you were at her performance and just her overall. She was not your little girl anymore.

You all began walking towards the car lot when Mr. Hobbs approached, and you knew by his determined eyes that he spotted the same talent that you and Tom did when you enrolled her in the junior football league when she was six. He wanted her.

"Miss Holland? I'm James Hobbs. I am a talent scout for several universities including Durham, who have had their eyes on you for quite some time," he started, reaching his hand out for Charlie to shake. Her mouth was agape as he spoke to her directly, not bothering to go through you or Tom which was a first. "If you are interested in exploring higher education and possibly a future in football, here's my card. I'd love to sit down and talk to you about scholarships."

"Y-yes, I mean, of course, I- uh, oh my god," she started, making all of you chuckle a bit before he retreated, heading down to talk with her coach who was outside the locker room doors.

"Oh my god!" she screeched again, this time flinging her arms around Tom's neck. He lifted her off the ground slightly as he squeezed her, just like he did when she was little.

*8 months later*

You followed Tom into the dormitory, lugging one of Charlie's bags in your hands as Tom looked for the right hallway to find her room. The campus was abuzz with first year students and their parents exploring the grounds and helping their kids get settled in before they were left to their own faculties for months.

Charlie was already in her room, unpacking the first load of clothes that she'd brought up, when you and Tom knocked on her open door. Her roommate hadn't gotten there yet, so they didn't have to maneuver around another family while setting everything up.

Once everything was put away, Charlie walking with you back down to the car.

"I'm going to miss you so much, Lovie," you whispered into her hair as you squeezed her tightly.

"Mum, I'm only 4 hours away. I'll call you every night," she chuckled, but hugging you back anyway. You wiped a stray tear from your cheek as you pulled back, looking into her Y/E/C eyes before you fully released her so she could hug Tom and Parker.

Tom held onto her a little too long and you had to basically pry them apart with the jaws of life. Nothing compared to the father-daughter relationship they shared, and you knew that.

Parker got one sloppy kiss on the cheek and then you were off, back home to Kingston. You were happy she would have Noah there for a little piece of home, but you had a feeling you'd be driving up there for every home game.