CHAPTER SIX

Rita's POV

Finally, the time for the party rolls around and guests begin slowly trickling into the house. Soon, the whole foyer is filled with guests out there sipping on wine and eating one thing or the other.

In the corner of my eye, I see my mother gracefully filtering through the crowd, greeting guests and thanking them for their attendance as am I. But even as I do that, my eyes are constantly scanning the crowd, searching for one person.

I see Rachel standing by the corner of the door with a few of her young friends, laughing. I'm glad they are having fun. Quickly, I approach her. "Is he here yet?"

With mirth swimming in her eyes, she replies, "For the third time, no. When he arrives I will direct him straight to you." She says.

With a huff, I leave and go back to being the perfect host. I don't know why I was so excited to see Cameron. Maybe it's because I needed an excuse to get out of here without seeming rude. Or maybe it's because after our talk last night and all the thinking I have been doing, I think I am ready for whatever with him. I don't know.

I approach my father, who is standing beside Cameron's father, discussing business as usual. When in their presence, I bow lowly and feel my father pat my back softly. "Good evening, sir." I greet Korede Collins.

"Good evening, my dear." He says in his never disappearing Yoruba accent. "You are looking absolutely beautiful. Much like your mother." He compliments me before turning to my dad. "You must have to do a lot to ward off the suitors." He jokes.

My father laughs at that before looking at me proudly. "With Cameron at her side, I think not."

Korede let's out a loud laugh at that as if they were sharing an inside joke that I wasn't privy to because I was completely confused at what was so funny. "Of course." He says finally.

I quickly excuse myself out of there and just as I turn around, Cameron is standing right there. "Good evening sirs." He greets before prostrating a little.

They exchange pleasantries before he faces me again and leans in close, pressing a kiss to the side of my head. "Good evening, baby. Sorry I'm late, traffic was crazy."

"It doesn't matter, I'm just glad that you are here." I say, looking up at him.

We both excuse ourselves and I drag him into the house which was a bit quieter than outside.

"Are you okay?" He asks me as I pull him into the nearest guest room.

"Mmhmm." I nod vaguely before pressing my lips firmly against his. He's still for a second, pulling back to look at me. I lick my lips nervously trying to convey with my eyes how much I needed him right now. No questions asked, he pulled me back in, smashing my lips against his in a kiss. Slowly, we dived in, exploring all the deepest parts of each other's mouths. He held me closely as we began walking backwards until the back of my knees hit the bed and I had to lay on it.

His mouth then left mine, coming down on my neck this time. I closed my eyes tight as the caress of his lips on my skin was driving me crazy. Finally, he let up and came back to my lips before he pulling away reluctantly.

"As much as I want this, I am not going to have sex with you for the first time in your parents house with about a hundred guests outside." He says making me laugh loudly at how pained he sounded.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me." I apologize with a small smile on my face as he moves off of me and I adjust my top before sitting up. "Now you have to take care of that." I say, gesturing to the mini Cameron standing erect in his pants.

He lets out a laugh before adjusting himself. "No, it's fine. That's what I'm here for." He says with a small smirk.

"I just missed you." I tell him seriously as I turn my head to look at him.

"Baby, you saw me last night." He lets out a small chuckle.

"I know, I know." I bring my hand up to my cheeks, looking at him. His beautiful brown eyes stared back at me, the reflection of the light making it look like an even lighter shade. "I thought about what what you said last night."

His eyes immediately brighten up, almost comically. "You did?"

"Yeah." I lick my lips as I gather the words in my head. "And I would want that too."

He looks pleasantly surprised before a wide grin comes to his face. "So, if I ever asked you to marry me, you would say yes?"

I'm not sure why he asked directly that but coupled with the look on his face, I chuckled before I replied, "Yes."

He takes in a deep breathe before saying, "Well then, I suppose that makes this a little less nerve racking."

I'm puzzled at what he means before I see him get off the bed and down on one knee. My hand immediately flies to my mouth as he pulls out a black suede box from his back pocket. I know I said I would say yes if he did but I didn't expect it to be right now. But as he pulled the box open to reveal the most gorgeous diamond ring I have ever seen inside of it, I knew the reply that would come out of my mouth anyway.

"I love you, Rita. Even after all these years, I've never stopped. And I can't think of anything that would make me happier than you doing me the honour of becoming my wife. So, will you, Rita Juma, marry me and make me the happiest man on this earth?" He asks and at seeing the moisture gathering in his eyes, I can't help the waterworks that are released in mine. He adds in a stammer, "I-I had this all planned out for later but I just thought now was the perfect time and-"

"Yes!" I cut him off with a vigorous nod of my head. "Yes."

"Yes?" He asks to be sure, looking almost scared that I would change my reply.

"Yes." And then the hugest grin came over his face as he gently placed the ring onto my finger before standing up and pulling me into a tight hug.

"I love you so much." I whisper into his ear as the tears kept pouring from my eyes.

"I love you too. So fucking much."

And in that moment, with my heart heavy and full of joy, I didn't doubt that at all.

——————————

I think I'm ready to finish this book for real this time. I have the whole plot figured out so I've started a new book.

Title: Loving You (A Nigerian Themed Book)

Summary:
Christine Nwafor, a beautiful young girl from a poor background, gets a scholarship into one of the most prestigious universities in Nigeria. A school solely created for the one percent of the one percent.

She makes the 'mistake' of falling in love with the most popular boy in school, the billion naira empire heir, Remi Adenuga.

Join Christine on her journey of gaining new friends, gaining new enemies, and finding true love.