Chapter 9 - Coward

'No matter how much I express my love to you, i would never be satisfied.'

__________

Manzar's POV

“It is already 8 at night, we are walking endlessly. I’m tired.”
I said huffing to catch my breath

“I’m tired too”
he said slumping his shoulders and crouched down on the ground

I tucked the cap on my head lower to avoid the cool breeze falling on my all drenched cheeks and shoved my hands into the pockets of my hoodie.

I looked at him, he was exhausted I calculated, a man like him who eat like a pig and sleep like a bear must need rest by now.

He did a lot for me today and yet can’t find him complaining.

“Why are you doing this?”
despite my anger I croaked

He looked up at me, confused.
“What?”

“This taking care of me, when I did nothing else but been a total bitch to you and your sister?”

“the sister you are talking about is your friend, you have every right on her.”
he said sighing and standing back to his previous position

“what about you? I don’t have a claim on you, then why?”

Adding up to my frustration he smiled,
“Believe it or not Manzar, you have this claim on me that even my mother and sister can’t believe.”

“you are doing nothing but adding more to my frustration.”
I barked looking heaven-wards

He blinked,
“Why can’t you leave all in past Manzar? What is done is done.”

“How can one leave the past behind when there is a lot to endure?”

“Good or bad?”

Good more than bad.

“bad more…a little good”

He smiled.

“Why are you angry? What are you upset about?”

“You kidding me? you vanished from my life without explaining…”
he cut me off

“I know I left you waiting on your doorstep all dressed up and ready to go out on our very first date, Seher is still burning me up on this.”

“For god’s sake, leave me and her out of this…talk about yourself.”
I said holding him by his collar

“you left me without explaining, you never told me, why? You never told me you got selected in your physical test too, you never told me your father wanted you to leave Delhi. You never told me you tried to contact me a billion times.”

Tears were streaming down my face like anything, even the clouds were accompanying me.

“Aditya threatened you, I understand, but that couldn’t stop you… you can always come to me without any trouble because of your position… then why you never reach out to me, to explain yourself.”
I tried to shook him but ended up shaking myself

“Tell me… everytime I want you to speak, you are quite… whenever I decide I’m over you, I’m not going to think about you anymore, you barge into my life out of nowhere—again all handsome and too proud of yourself. Do you know how it pains me to see you all cold to everyone, all bottled up to them and only vulnerable to me.”

“when Ruhani was telling me everything I wanted you to make a move, tell me how much you still love me, how much you are yearning to be with me, how much you want us together. But all you did was to hide your face from me and…"