26. Tingles and Tickles

⊰ T W E N T Y  S I X ⊱

TINGLES AND TICKLES

I finally tore my eyes from my bruised skin back to Taehyung.

"I have no idea where this came from," I said, my voice tight with concern. Which part of the night was I missing?

His brow raised, and his mouth opened to speak, but someone else beat him to it.

"Where you got what?"

I spun around to find Yoongi approaching us with a hand tousling his hair. Quickly bringing my hand up to cover the mark, I feigned scratching an itch.

"Noth—"

"Kat has a hickey, and she doesn't know how it got there," Taehyung talked over me.

Yoongi's eyes widened, his sleepy demeanor replaced by alertness. "What?" he nearly shouted, looking at me questioningly.

I sighed and turned to glare at Taehyung. "Thanks a lot!" I hissed, earning an innocent shrug from him.

"I didn't know it was supposed to be a secret. Besides, he might remember something that you don't."

Taehyung had a fair point, but I still felt nervous as Yoongi looked at me with narrowed eyes. He stepped closer, wrapping his fingers around my hand, which was still hiding the mark.

"Let me see it," he demanded. I let him pull my wrist away, my eyes clinging to his face to watch his reaction. His features darkened as he observed the colored skin, jaw ticking as he bit down. "You don't know who did this?" he spoke through his teeth, running his thumb over the sensitive area.

I took a step back. "No, I can't remember." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I guess I must've blacked out and lost time at some point."

"Are you sure you never saw anyone getting close to her, Yoongi? You never noticed anyone making a move on her?" Taehyung asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

Yoongi shook his head, brows still furrowed. "I didn't notice anything like that. And if I did, I would have put a stop to it." He stared at me with sincerity. "I'm sorry, Kat."

"What are you sorry for?" I asked with a frown.

"I just don't like the idea of some random man having his hands on you, his mouth on you, and you can't even remember if you were okay with it or not."

"Yoongi, you don't have to apologize. It's not like it was your fault, alright?" I put a hand on his shoulder.

He placed his hand on top of mine as he answered. "I should have paid more attention. I should have stayed sober so that I could've kept a closer eye on you." He paused as realization struck his face. His voice grew more upset. "Jimin should have kept a closer eye on you. Why the hell didn't he stop this from happening?"