TWENTY-EIGHT

The wind whipped through the parts of Lottie's hair that peaked out from the edges of the prototype Iron Man helmet

The wind whipped through the parts of Lottie's hair that peaked out from the edges of the prototype Iron Man helmet. Tony had a tight hold underneath of Lottie's arms as he flew them through the air, the sight of the familiar globe, the center piece of the entire Expo, coming into sight.

"Alright, I've got to talk to Rhodey," Tony informed her through the comms, his voice echoing through the helmet she wore. Lottie nodded, already having a slight idea as to who James Rhodes was and how he now how one of Tony's suits. "Just follow my lead, I'll tell you what to do."

"Got it,"

The crowds attention turned to Iron Man and the mysterious woman in his arms as they flew into the expo, landing directly in front of James Rhodes and Justin Hammer. The crowd behind them erupted into cheers. The cold metal of Tony's arm let go of Lottie as she swung her gun off her back, holding it tightly in her grip as they approached Rhodey in the suit.

"We've got trouble," Tony informed Rhodey, his voice echoing through Lottie's helmet, followed my Rhodey's voice.

"Tony, there are civilians present. I'm here on orders. Let's not do this right now," the head of Rhodey's suit turned to look down at her as they stood on either side of him. "And who the hell is this? You got a sidekick in the last few days?"

"I'm Charlotte Watson," she informed Rhodey, scanning the crowd as Jarvis got a lock on Natasha, the SHIELD agent, and Pepper Potts, Tony's former assistant turned head of Stark Industries. "You need to listen to us, it's not safe here."

"Wait a second, Watson? As in best friend of your dad, Tony?"

"That's a discussion for later, just wave," Tony and Rhodey waved out at the crowd as Lottie stood her ground, suspiciously watching Justin Hammer walk in front of them and address the crowd. "All these people are in danger. We gotta get them out of here. You gotta trust me for the next five minutes."

"Yeah, I tried that. I got tossed around your house, remember?"

"Colonel Rhodes, we believe Hammer is working with Vanko," Lottie tried to persuade him, knowing they were slowly running out of time.

"Vanko is alive?"

Neither Lottie nor Tony answered his question. Tony was already moving toward Justin Hammer, who uncomfortably looked back at the two moving toward him. Lottie adjusted the helmet on her head before holding her gun at the ready, standing between Rhodey and Tony as she pointed her gun toward Hammer.

"Where's Vanko?" Hammer only shakes his head, backing away from Tony and mumbling as Tony continues to move toward him. "Tell me."

"Whoa! Tony, Charlotte!"

The pair whipped around, Lottie's gun up and ready to fire as they looked at Rhodey. The gun that was positioned on his shoulder was now gearing up to fire, pointed toward them. The drones stationed around the stage did the same, gearing up to fire.