3.39 The final countdown (*Off key kazoo*)

"This is it, the official rendezvous point for the invasion force."  

Asha slipped off Gumi with a dull ease. The gang had made her feel better with the whole 'Hama incident', but the fact that the power was still within her (even if it was just once a month) was enough to shake her.  Zulu gave her hand a gentle nudge as her hand slid down Gumi's scales, a smile falling upon the brunette's face. 

"How did you pick this place?"  Raiko walks next to Toph as he speaks, the girl leaning back onto him. 

"Before we split up, my dad and I found this island on a map. It's uninhabited, and the harbor surrounded by cliffs seemed like the perfect secluded place." Sokka explains, looking to the cliff side. 

"Nice choice Sokka. And we're here four days ahead of schedule." Katara stretches her arms behind her back as she smiles. 

All Asha can think is 'We could've saved that village without the bitching?'. Aang gives her an unimpressed look at the thought before something clicks in his head.

"Wait, four days?! The invasion's in four days?!" Aang screeches, horrified at the revelation. His nerves fry, just like that, and Asha can already tell this is going to be a long four days. Maybe she just needs a nap.

"Whatever. That's like...four days from now. Let's just calm down, and..." Sokka doesn't even finish his sentence, laying on his bed mat and falling asleep. 

"Sokka's got the right idea you two. We're here, we're ready. The best thing we can do now is get plenty of rest." Katara follows her brother, laying on her mat and sending a kind smile to the air benders.  Said air benders just stand in worry, watching as everyone lays for their well-deserved rest. 

"Uh...I guess." Aang walks over to Asha, offering her a hand. The two eventually find themselves knotted within each others limbs, the cold ground welcoming them as they fall into dream land. 

___

Asha is shaken into the waking world by Aang jumping up in a seemingly hurried panic. He pulls from her slightly, patting around his legs only to look over to Asha and reach a cold palm to her cheek.  He lets out a sigh of relief, standing and walking from the girl as she tries to blink herself awake.

"Aang?" He turns his head with a hum of recognition, but doesn't stop walking. "Are you okay?"

"It was just a dream. I still have my pants." He cracks a smile, but continues walking to an old bush.  Asha seems to miss the humor in it. "Doesn't matter. I have to keep training."   His foot quickly hits the bush, getting caught between two branches as it does; Aang loosing his balance as he tries to pull it back. He's caught with a warm embrace, Asha smiling down at him. 

"I'll help before you knock your last braincells loose."

___

Raiko had woken up not too long after Aang and Asha, dragging the girl away for some early morning training, leaving the poor avatar behind. It's as the two get back, the rest of the gang start to awake, Asha leaning her hands on her knees (catching her breath) as Raiko walks over to Toph, nuzzling her head as she sits up.  

"You know there is such a thing as over-training?" The brunette perks up at Katara's voice, slowly making her way back over to Aang, who lets out a full body shudder with a final punch to a tree. 

Her knuckles ache dully at the action making her flick her wrist.

"You don't get it, do you?" Aang has dark bags under his eyes (something Asha missed in the dark) and holds his hands out as he circles Asha and Katara. "My form is bad. I'm sloppy. And I still don't know any fire bending, not even the basics." He snorts, Asha absentmindedly scratching at the arrows on her neck.