Chapter 29

He's not him, he's not him, he's not him.

I've been reminding myself that, but the way he looked and behaved was just crazy. He looked and behaved like my Jonathan. Yet this one was a human, and he was twenty-three years of age— from what I've heard. Two years older than my Warrior.

I followed him around quietly, wanting to know more about this human who was a copy of my Warrior. It was strange and completely unlike me, following him around subtly. I grew tired of following behind him without making an appearance, and I decided to make myself known.

He lived in a tiny apartment by himself, how convenient for me because his apartment was also easy for me to get into from the windows without being seen.

Being a Vampire has its perks.

I was standing in his living room, listening to his calm heartbeat and breathing in his scent of peaches. It was sweet and inviting, but I didn't find it as exciting as a certain scent I adored. His heartbeat, too, didn't seem so intoxicating like a certain someone's heartbeat.

His heartbeat came closer to me, and his scent became stronger. I waited quietly, until I saw him walking lazily into his kitchen. Looking at him had me taking a sharp intake of oxygen, he was an exact replica of my Warrior. However, there was something different about him. Something about him was different to my Warrior, and I couldn't point out what it was. I just knew there was something different about him.

He must have heard my sharp inhale, because he froze and turned to look at me. His eyes widened, and I detected his heartbeat hitching.

"W-What the hell! Who are you, what are you doing he— how did you get in here?!" he asked quickly, glancing at the door near the living room. I shrugged, not knowing what else I should have said. I moved around carelessly, aware of his cautiousness towards me, and sat down on his couch. I looked at him with a curious glance, eyeing the way he seemed suspicious of me.

His heartbeat was so loud and fast.

"What's your name, human?" I tilted my head to the side, my pure black waves falling to the side in the process. His eyebrows raised, and he looked at me with a funny expression. I knew his name, I just wanted him to remind me of it, to say his full name. I didn't know his full name, just his first.

"Human? What, are you not one, too?" he frowned, almost glaring. I couldn't help but chuckle lowly, the sound surprisingly sounded to be making a fool of him. I stood up, and decided to not play any more games. I hate it when the humans write books about how we hide ourselves and not be direct about it.

It's too stupid, and quite frankly, too boring.

I decided to think of my hunts and the delicious taste of a Vampire's blood flowing down my throat. That seemed to do the trick. I exposed my sharp fangs to him, and ran my tongue over them slowly. His eyes widened again, and his heartbeat quickened. I scented his worry, his uncertainty and fright.