XX. - This Means War

Gadleigh CastleKing Wellington

Gadleigh Castle
King Wellington

King Wellington had been heading down the grand staircase, he needed some fresh air and wanted to find out if any of his men had heard from his son, when he heard shouting coming from the throne room. 

He paused near the top of the steps, his hand on the railing, listening intently to Matthias' and King Edgar's conversation. 

"Because if my plans had worked out we could have ruled Nithalandia AND Lourekia!! We would have been twice as strong as we are now!! We could have ruled the world!!!" 

King Wellington's heart stopped, and then picked up at a rapid speed. That was King Edgar's voice...That rat bastard...King Wellington had known that King Edgar was hiding something, why else try to murder the edling of Crugavia? 

But this...King Wellington had never expected for King Edgar to attempt to take over Lourekia. It was preposterous, doing so would result in war with many of Lourekia's allies. 

King Wellington could hear footsteps coming closer to the doors of the throne room and as the handle started to twist, he turned and raced back up the stairs.

This was the last straw. King Edgar had gone too far this time, he'd not only crossed the line, he'd set the line on fire. 

King Wellington stalked to his room and found his wife, "Come, we need to talk with your sister and her family."

"What's going on?" Queen Wellington asked.

"I'll explain in a moment, everyone needs to hear this," King Wellington took his wife by the arm and led her out of their room and down the hall to the Richfields' room.

Johnathan answered the door after King Wellington knocked. He allowed his wife to enter ahead of him and looked up and down the hall before he stepped into the room. 

King Richfield was just pulling a coat on, as though he had been preparing to go outside, Queen Richfield sat on the bed, facing her husband. When the Wellingtons entered the room, King Richfield turned to them, a look of confusion crossing his face.