MICRO CONTEST: CHARACTER PITCHES

---------------------------------------------------------This contest is open to ANYONE, even if you aren't a part of the ORIGINAL CONTEST

This contest is open to ANYONE, even if you aren't a part of the ORIGINAL CONTEST.
---------------------------------------------------------

What the heck is a character pitch, you might ask? To put it simply, without a protagonist your story may as well be nonfiction.

Humans work in a specific way. We need something to root for or despise, a concept of good or evil to latch onto.

Characters provide a focal point, a pair of eyes for the reader to see your novel's world through. Be it in first, second (yes second person is a thing, Google it) or third person perspective, your characters are what keeps a story moving.

If the pitch is the novel's heart, the character is the book's lifeblood.
---------------------------------------------------------

So, you say, now what? I've got a book AND a character in it (or at least I certainly hope you do). The goal of this contest is for you to fully realize your characters, to help them be as clearly defined and focused as your novel pitch is.

Take my own character, Jackson Quinn. Jackson isn't just some faceless hero, but a detailed and nuanced person in a world I created.

So I'll pitch him as such.

You have four sentences to describe to me what makes your character so interesting, why they stand out from every other faceless protagonist/antagonist. (Yes you can do villains, too.)

(Does it sound like a tall order? Yeah, probably, but this is for fun. I'm no expert on writing, so don't take this too seriously.)
---------------------------------------------------------
Template:

Name: Jackson Quinn
Novel: Iron Empire
Role: Protagonist
Perspective: 1st person
---
Pitch:
Jackson Quinn has spent his life relying on luck to survive the Iron War. He's a fast-talking, quick-thinking pilot with the skills to match. When a tyrant threatens the world's only chance for peace, Quinn will need more than luck to win the day. The luckiest man alive is in for a lesson about greed, righteousness and giant robots.

Tags (2): 1nkSlayer Amphia234
---------------------------------------------------------

Think you can do better? Follow the template! Pitch your heroes and villains, invite others to compare, and have fun!

This contest is open until the very final round of The Pitch: Season Two!
Tag your friends!
---------------------------------------------------------
(If you have any questions, please refer to the information section at the start of the novel. If that doesn't help, DM me!)