Lena Luthor- Dinner (c)

Lena had been working on a secret project for the last few weeks, and although by no means did you want to pry, knowing she would tell you everything when she was able to, you did worry about her. Several nights she hadn't come home until the early hours of the morning and had brought home an uneaten lunch, having forgotten to eat it and also forgotten to get anything for dinner. You feared she'd make herself ill and knew you had to do something about it.

With a day off work, you spent the day slaving away in your kitchen, making all the foods that you knew she loved, piling them all up into a picnic basket, along with a few leftover Tupperware pots. With the feast prepared, you made your way to her office around dinner time. There you found her at her desk, piles of paper and folders covering every surface, including the floor and her own lap. It wasn't an unfamiliar sight, having found her office in such a state many times, and also having found most rooms in your home in the same manner.

Lena looked up from her work, not expecting to find you at her office as the sun was beginning to set.

"Y/N," she smiled fondly. "What are you doing here?"

"Well I haven't seen you for longer than five minutes at a time in the last month and I'm pretty sure you're living off a bowl of porridge a day at this point, so I thought I would make you take a break," you grinned, making your way over to her desk.

You put the basket down on the floor, before moving some files so that you had enough room to actually eat. She looked confused and tried to argue that she needed to work but you weren't going to take no for an answer.

"I appreciate it, Y/N, but I need to finish this," she said weakly.

"And it's going to be hard to finish that when you die of malnutrition. You're eating dinner with me and that's final Luthor," you stated firmly.

Lena rolled her eyes at you, knowing that you were the least stern person that existed, but she appreciated how much you cared about her. She picked up the pile of paperwork she had in front of her and plopped them on the floor adding to the already existing mess, allowing you to spread out some of the food and the two of you tuck in.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.