Chapter ︳05

Ultracrepidarian

(English/n.) Someone who gives opinions on matters far beyond his or her knowledge.

~ Fire Lord Zuko ~

~ Fire Lord Zuko ~

I raised my arms high, letting my dual swords come together and form a hard wall above me as I grounded my feet in the dirt. Sokka jumped up high and crashed his sword against mine, I tensed, not letting up my hold as his weight weighted down my tired arms. I stood my ground and with a final grunt, managed to force Sokka to jump backward. With one smooth movement, I parted my swords and held them to my side into an offensive position. We were both panting and a sweaty mess, paring for the past hour or two now.

"You still gotta teach me that," Sokka said with a grin as he pointed at my dual swords and began to straighten out. He was no longer in a fighting stance, and instead, Sokka's shoulders relaxed as he started fanning himself. I smiled and swiftly placed my swords in the sheaths that were strapped along my bare back. I took a heavy breath, trying to pace my breathing. I was tired, more than just tired, as I stayed up a lot later than I had anticipated but still woke up early to train with Sokka.

Sokka plopped onto the ground, his back pressed against the dirt, as he looked up at the ceiling. "It's been a while since we've duelled like that," Sokka spoke lazily. I walked over to him, sitting beside him. He was right; we use to train together all the time with Aang, reminding me of the good old times. Sokka's skills have improved, and we were neck-to-neck regarding swordsmanship. "I know, I still kicked your ass," I said back sarcastically. Sokka snickered and gave me a toothy grin, "You know I let you win, I like making people feel good about themselves." I laughed at Sokka; this guy is something else.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be training, not sun-bathing."

We both turned to face the entrance, to see Katara standing at the doorway. Her hands were on her hips, and I took notice of how little she has changed over the years. She still wore her hair pulled back with braids, and continued wearing her Southern Water Tribe dress with tights underneath. The only thing that changed about Katara was her more mature facial features. "You came to train with us?' Sokka asked as he rolled over on his belly. Katara shook her head, "I came to see if Yue was here." As she quickly glanced over to me before shifting back to Sokka.

Sokka snorted and rolled onto his back again, "And you came to check here? This is the last place she would be." I raised a brow, curious. Does she not like training? It would explain why she doesn't warm herself; maybe she has never learned how to Firebend properly, controlling one's body temperature is a difficult skill. "Does she not fight?" I asked. Sokka sat up straight and shook his head, "No actually, quite the opposite. She's a fucking monster. Last time we fought she kicked our asses so hard I didn't tease her for a month straight." Sokka spoke with a bit of fear in his voice as a cold shiver ran up his back.