Especially if you have a oneshot book or take requests, please read

KINDA A TRIGGER WARNING FOR THIS ONE LADS

I know I shouldn't really be bringing stuff like this up again (because I've been posting quite a lot of personal opinions on some pretty heavy stuff this past month when reading my books is all supposed to be about having fun and getting your heart torn to shreds occasionally. Also it's kind of hypocritical because I guess I've participated in a few of the less serious rape jokes on here, but I've been desperately trying to change my less savoury behaviour recently), but I just don't want this to happen to anybody else, or somebody in the community to make a wrong decision. If any of you reading this have a oneshot book where requests are currently open, y'all should probably listen.

There's been some controversy over rape and sexual assault oneshots recently (I'm not gonna say who because they have since given a genuine apology, they made a mistake and I really trust them not to do it again), and I've actually noticed a rise in people requesting for them. This... this makes me angry. Really angry. What are you requesters getting out of this? What's that small difference between consensual NSFW and non-consensual NSFW really doing for you? Why is that one detail so important? I honestly dread to fucking think. I've had friends who have been either raped or assaulted sexually. I've been assaulted sexually. By somebody I was supposed to trust, by somebody I'll definitely see again without a doubt. It leaves you POWERLESS. It's not something to be taken lightly at all.

The main blame in these controversies doesn't lie with the writers. It lies with the requesters. I'm urging you oneshot writers to please ignore these kinds of requests (obviously you don't have to, it's utterly up to you what you post as it's your account), but if you don't want to be attacked, if you don't want to be giving these people what they want, I'd say you should let it go. If it's a vent for you, then... well, ok. I think rape mention is fine if it's adding something to the plotline. Just no graphic descriptions. It won't do your mental health (or anybody else's for that matter) any good. I'm the only adult in this Wattpad community I've ever come across, so even if I'm young I feel it's my duty to kinda... not protect, but just make sure nobody gets really hurt.

Gah. I'm so sorry about this, but thank you for reading it all.

Green out.