《10》

Derek brought the cup to his lips, the coke running down his throat. It was a late night, still editing the video he had. Before he knew it, a week has passed since his little incident in the bathroom.

He put the cup down, remembering. He ran his hand through his hair.

"Did i really jack off to my best friend?" He muttered to himself. He groaned still not fully understanding the way he felt. It's a simple question, answer it. Do you like him? He thought to himself before opening his mouth.

"..no" he muttered. But if you asked to kiss him, his natural answer would be no. So why? Why when he's with him, that's all he wants to do.

"Fucking feelings" he mumbled. Maybe he was just that desperate. Yea, that's it. In a single week, jaspal kept hanging out with Mia during her breaks. It was currently 10pm.

"Why is he still out?" He questioned. Looking at his phone, seeing his message hasent been looked at yet.

"Whatever" he said and put his phone down, continuing to work on the video.

_

"What gets broken without being hold?"

"Ugh I still don't know"

"You've been thinking about it for 10 minutes now" she said and laughed.

"Well just tell me"

"A promise"

Jaspal looked at her for a few seconds.

"That's deep"

Mia started laughing.

"Yea it is." She said and looked away. The two continued to walk on the side walk. The moon shining above them. He looked at her.

"Is there a reason why that's your favorite  riddle?"

She nodded slowly. Thinking weither she should tell him or not.

"Well?" Jaspal said, his eyes not coming off her. She sighed.

"Jas, i-" she said but cuts herself off. She sighed. Jaspal grabbed her hand in his. She looked at him.

"You don't have to tell me"

She smiled, her heart nearly skipping a beat. The past week, she's been hanging out with him nonstop.

"No, I wanna tell you. To get it off my chest" she said.

"Lets sit down" she said as they walked up to her house. They sat down on the stairs. Their hands never letting go. She sighed.

"So, since I was young.." She started as she looked down. She could feel his eyes on her.

"I've been abused by my parents. I believed they loved me just strict. But one day the took me to a place. They promised me they would be back so I listened"

Jaspal felt bad for her. He held her hand tighter.

"They didn't arrive for a few days and I came to realize, they abandoned me. So I stayed in an orphanage for most of my life."

"Did you get adopted?" He asked.

She gave a small smile.

"Yea but they had their own kids. I wasn't blood related so I was treated differently"

"Mia.."

"When I was 16, i ran away. They didn't even bother looking for me. In the end I ended up working for star bucks and sleeping under a bridge so I wouldn't be spotted"

Jaspal looked at her with sad eyes. His hand gripping hers.

"Taking living under a bridge to a whole new level" she said to brighten the mood. Laughing softly, trying not to cry.

"I've been alone most of my life. Never really growing up with love you know. Eventually I gathered enough money to rent a house and here I am."  She said and felt a tear run down her cheek but she wiped it away.

"Nobody else knows?" He asked and she shook her head. They sat in silence, Mia beginning to cry softly. That's when jaspal noticed, no matter where she was, she was always wearing long sleeves.

He grabbed her hand and Slowly turned it over.

"Jas?" She asked.

He didn't answer as he began to push her sleeve up. Instantly she pulled away.

She laughed, "you weirdo"

"Give me your hand"

"No, you being weird jas" she said and stood up. He stood up as well and grabbed her, quickly pulling her sleeve up. There it was, the cuts.

Cuts and scares. Some fresh ones, some old ones, and some healing.

"Mia, you can't be doing this"

She pulled away. Her tears falling faster then before.

"Is it only one arm?" He asked. She was scared. She felt guilty. She shook her head.
No.

"Jaspal, I have trouble trusting people. You never know when their two faced." She said, her voice cracking.

" I want to trust you. But I feel like I cant" she said between her sops. He walked towards her and before she knew it, she flinched.

Jaspal sighed, "I'm not gonna hurt you"

This was what she was hiding, the sad lonely girl she truly was. Not the girl who was always so smiley at work, always laughing. He pulled her in a hug, and that's were she let everything out, crying into his shoulder.

_

"I'm sorry." She said as she wiped her tears.

"Its ok" he smiled softly. He looked at her and she looked at him, the moonlight shining in her eyes. Without any control of his actions he started leaning in slowly.

"I- uh. Goodnight jas" she said and smiled as she walked to go open her door. He laughed at himself.

"Right, goodnight" he said and started walking away. Mia stood there, her hand on the handle. 

"What am I doing?" She muttered and turned around, running up to him. She tapped his shoulder lightly and he turned around. Before he got to say anything, she pressed her lips against his.

And he kissed back.

_

Derek closed his computer. Finally finishing the video. He walked into his room, getting ready for bed when he got a message. He looked at his phone seeing it was jaspal.

"Finally" he muttered as he opened the message.

"Lets get drunk tonight"