C H P - 11

And that was something he would have to do soon.

----

Moonbin's stomach, much to his dismay, continued growl the whole way to the coffee shop. He was going to buy everyone coffee, except Sanha, he would get apple juice.

Moonbin wasn't quite sure what they were going to do for the day, assuming that everyone was going to stay at least until two. They would more than likely end up binge watching a series or playing some sort of game, and if they were going to do that, they would need the caffeine to keep them energized; or at least, that's how Moonbin saw it.

On top of the drinks, he was going to be nice and get the others donuts. He hadn't treated them lately, so this would make up for it.

"The usual?" the cashier asked, already knowing what it was the pink-haired boy wanted.

"Yeah, except times five, and one apple juice."

"Five and an apple juice?" She raised an eyebrow, chuckling. "I take it your friends stayed over?"

Moonbin smiled at her. He knew this girl well from all the times he had came and gotten some type of beverage. He wouldn't call her a friend, but he wouldn't call her just an acquaintance, either. "You guessed right. They were as loud as ever, too."

She laughed, typing on the screen in front of her as she did. "We'll call you when your order is ready."

He waved at her, leaving to one of the back tables. He watched the city from outside the window as he waited. It was still early in the morning. The streets weren't busy just yet, but a few stray cars told him that people were waking up and leaving for work. He wondered if everyone on the road had someone waiting for them at home, someone who would send them off with a kiss, or perhaps someone who went to work alongside them. He wondered who was lonely and had no one. He wondered what it was like to have someone, then what it was like not to have someone.

He smiled bitterly.

He didn't need to wonder to know what it was like to not have a significant other. 

"Bin!" the woman from the counter called.

Moonbin looked towards the cashier and stood up from his seat when he realized it was his name that was called. The coffee was set on the marble beside the register, waiting to be picked up. He approached the girl, and he was almost ready to pay when he remembered about the donuts. "Uhm, if it won't be too much trouble," he smiled sheepishly, "do you think you could add a dozen donuts to the order?"

The girl nodded and stuck her tongue out as she clicked a few things on the screen. She glanced up at him, pointing to the screen on his end. "Your total will show up here."

He felt bad about forgetting the donuts and having to trouble her about it, but he couldn't have just left all of his friends starving. Myungjun would never let him live it down, and Sanha would have surely whined his ear off. "Sorry about the inconvenience," he mumbled, reaching into his wallet and pulling out the amount he needed. He handed it over to her; he almost wasn't able to look her in the eyes.

"Nah, don't worry about it." She took what he owed and put it in the register. "It happens all the time, it's no biggie." She held up a finger, signaling for him to wait. She used the tongs to take out twelve donuts from beneath the glass display, putting each one of them in a rectangular box. When she was done, she politely handed the treats over to him. "Would you like a bag? You could put the box in there along with the apple juice. Your walk home would more than likely be easier."

"Hmm, sure." 

The cashier pulled out a plastic bag from a place out of view, slipping the box of donuts and the juice inside. She handed the items over to him and put a smile on her face. "Thank you for coming, Bin. I'll see you next time."

The pinkette accepted the bag from her and wrapped it around his wrist. He grabbed the coffees from off the counter as well. "Bye," Moonbin said quickly, waving at her with his free hand.

He quickly left the small shop, urgent to get home so he could finally fill his empty stomach. He hurried, but even then, the walk home was still a good fifteen minutes. He had trouble balancing all the coffees in his hand, but he managed. He surprised himself when he made it home without damaging the drinks in any sort of way.

The male used his key to open the door, hurrying inside. After being outside for so long, the cold had finally caught up to him. He shut the door as quietly as he could and  tiptoed over to the kitchen, where he sat everything down. He peeked his head curiously around the corner, only to see that Dongmin was still sleeping. He smiled and turned back to the items on the counter. 

Pulling everything from out of the bag, he set the donuts and Sanha's drink down beside the coffee.

Moonbin checked the time and saw it was about seven-thirty in the morning. Normally. they would have already been up and ready for school at this time, so he assumed it was okay to wake them all up. 

He started with Dongmin, silently approaching him. He crouched down beside the couch, his arms folding. He rested his head on the palm of his hand. Dongmin had turned at some point in his sleep and was now facing outwards. The pinkette sat there for a few seconds, simply admiring. His stomach began to flip and his heart started to pound, forcing him to tear his eyes away. He took a deep breath and hesitantly looked back to the sleeping boy. "Min..." he whispered.

There was no response.

"Dongminnie..."

This time there was a slight groan.

"I have donuts~" he sang, mouth hovering over the older's ear. "C'mon, Min." He frowned at the lack of response and pulled away. "Wake up, I miss you," he mumbled, this time more to himself than to the dark-haired male.

"Dongmin," he tried again, "wake up~"

Still, the older remained asleep. 

Moonbin's cheeks puffed out in annoyance. "Dongmin," he whined. "Okay, fine. I'll just go... I'll let you get some more sleep..." He frowned again and leaned back, ready to leave, to go wake the others up, but he stopped abruptly. He looked to his arm in shock. 

Dongmin had grabbed his sleeve weakly, still sleeping.

"Don't go..."

----

What's your favorite ASTRO song?

-Author 🖤