Chapter 16.1: Temptation

Auovin breathed onto Ari's neck causing little bumps to coat Ari's skin. Ari gazed at the small drops of blood running down his skin once Auovin created some distance between them. Ari knew what was to be expected with him. Auovin would be no gentle lover and Ari was content with that. However, Auovin's reluctance was plain as the gray skies that haunted every passing day.

"I do not care. Whatever it is that you are hiding away from me. I do not care anymore. I just--" Ari closed his eyes and exhaled. "You seduce me and have me where you have wanted me to be for the longest and now you act as if it is some burden you must bear.  Just a moment ago you wanted this and now... I do not know what to make of you or this. I am growing frustrated."

Ari rose and rolled on his stomach to get from under Auovin before he could say anything in response. Auovin pressed his weight onto Ari's back causing Ari to sink back onto the ground. The smell of Auovin filled his nose. Ari could almost taste him.

"You were the one who seduced me first with your tales of the stars and open sky. You pursued me in the oddest ways. I did not want to entertain your fantasies and wants any more than I had to. I simply wanted a name. However, you entered my heart that way," Auovin mumbled near his ear. "Even when you were blinded by lust. You see what you want and ignore the rest. Is that not right?"

"Is there more you want me to see?" Ari turned over to face him. "If there is then show me," Ari said while pulling Auovin closer. "Let me see."

Auovin's eyes narrowed but said nothing.

There were many things Ari had yet to see-- to touch even. Perhaps, those were the things he was alluding to. If so... Ari slid his hand under Auovin's shirt, loving the feel of his bare skin against his fingertips. Every place his fingers touched was smooth and seemingly untouched by the ravages of time. It almost felt as if his skin was burning it was so hot. Ari continued to trace along the dip of his back, drawing his shirt further up.

Unlike Cyrus', Ari could feel the bulge of muscles at his shoulder blades. They would relax and contort at the smallest touch from him. It caused an unbidden smile to spread across his face.

"Let me see what is hidden under all of your pretty words and false smiles," Ari said as he gazed into Auovin's eyes. Ari did not bother to wait for a reply that may or may not come. He continued to lift Auovin's shirt above his head until it was off and strewn on the floor.  "I do not care what is that I will see. My heart is not so fickle. It will not change. Never."

"Never?" Auovin scoffed. "I heard those words come from these lips once before." Auovin brushed his thumb across Ari's lips before he could say a word. 

Ari took the thumb in his mouth causing Auovin to smile and remove it.

"As many things may have, I am sure. But you know. You must realize what you meant to me then as what you mean to me now. Nothing but time and circumstance has changed."

"Your eyes... they have."

"Do you not like them?"

Auovin pressed his forehead against Ari's and stared into his eyes. His long black hair fell in cascades down each side of his face, leaving Ari with no option but to look at him. When Auovin moved his arm near the top of Ari's head, he gave Ari the smallest of smiles. One that made Ari's heart warm and ache. His stomach swirled as it filled with anxiousness.

"I like everything about you," Auovin answered. Heat rushed to Ari's cheeks in a matter of seconds. His eyes grew wide and his voice caught in his throat. Ari was not expecting such words to come from his lips. "That is the problem. There is not a single thing to dislike about you..." Auovin eyed Ari's lips before flicking his eyes back to him. "I have grown to love your flaws."