Prologue

This takes place when the boys were young so, (y/n) is more of a motherly figure in this scenario.

Also to those who came from the oneshot book chapter 3 is where we left off
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) sat in the manor gardens with a small smile on her face as she watched the moon reflect across a small pond. It was beautiful tonight and she'd have gladly sat in that spot for all eternity has she not heard the small sniffle that came from a nearby bush.

"Shuu?" Her heart dropped as she saw the little boy hiding underneath the shrubs. His strawberry blonde hair was a mess while his skin was scratched here and there, possibly from a recent beating. She reached out to touch him but he flinched away.

"Are you going to hurt me too?" He whimpered, innocent blue eye's wide with fear. (Y/n) didn't reply and tried to pick him up again. This time he was more willing and melted into her embrace when he saw that she meant no harm.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" He shook his head and cuddled deeper into her neck. She returned to her seat on the ground, being sure that her dress didn't wrinkle underneath her. The two of them stayed like for a little while until the young (h/c)-ette tapped her little friend's nose. He wrinkled it slightly and looked up at her confused. "I'm bored. Would you like to play hide n' go seek with me?"

"Will you tell anyone that I was crying?"

"Nope. Now do you want to play or not?" Shuu grinned surely then ran off into the gardens while (y/n) began to count. She may not have known it but to him, she was like an escape from all the burdens he felt. She was almost like a mother. He shook his head as he jumped into a tree. 'Mother wouldn't be happy if she knew I was thinking like this.'

"Boo." Whispered a voice in his ear and he whipped around to be met with the (h/c)-ette's smiling (e/c) eyes. "Found you." She chuckled, pulling him closer to ticklishly muzzle into his neck while he squealed with glee.

"Ms. (Y/n)?" Three voices echoed the name and she looked around. Shuu rolled his eyes in irritation. 'She's busy right now.'

"Awe is little Shuu jealous?" The young woman teased when she heard the boy sigh.

"I-I'm not!"

"Ore-sama found her! She's in this tree!" Ayato's big green eyes shined proudly when his brothers thanked him. The three of them stood underneath the branch that she and Shuu were resting on.

"Hi, boys, to what do I owe this wonderful visit?"

"We're going to catch bats! Do you want to come with us?" She looked at Shuu wondering whether or not she should go.

"Will you be fine without me for a while?"

"I guess so." With a small kiss to his forehead, (y/n) jumped from her perch and placed Kanato on her back before running off with the other two boys.

~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, the entire family was in the dining hall eating dinner. (Y/n) awkwardly sat next to Karlheinz, poking at her food. He noticed this and furrowed his pale brows in confusion.

"Isn't this your favorite dish?"

"Yes."

"Then why won't you eat?" She briefly glanced at him, looking away when she saw the worry in his bright gold eyes.

"Don't look at me like that, Heinz." The other wives brooded at the sight of their intimate conversation but (y/n)' glare made them shrink in their seats.

"Tell me what's wrong."

"Im sorry but there are children present and I'd hate to scar them more than you already have." Karlheinz didn't say anything after that and (y/n) quietly excused herself from dinner.
~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet another hour later, (y/n) found herself yelling at her husband with tears streaking her cheeks.

"You're disgusting, Karlheinz! What happened to you?!"

"Must i tell you again? They are only experiments to me. It's you that I love."

"I don't care about the women. Even if you had 20 other wives, I wouldn't care but those children don't deserve what you're putting them through!"

"And why do you care so suddenly? This subject has never been a problem for you before." Even though his voice was soft, the demon before her was clearly starting to lose his temper.

"Did you not see that child who was at the end of the table, the white-haired one?"

"Yes, what about him?"

"He wants to die Karlheinz! He wants nothing more to just roll over and die! I could see his self-loathing so clearly and I know it's going to give me Daymares that I can't..." (y/n) couldn't go further and reluctantly fell into her husband's chest with a few more tears escaping her sad (e/c) eyes. "Karlheinz, I dont want to do this anymore."

He sighed into her ear as he savored her warmth. Unlike with the other women, Karlheinz had actually learned to love the (h/c)-ette. She was kind, innocent and so so loving but that didn't mean she couldn't dominate when she needed to.

The pink-hared demon sat her on the bed with him and held her head against his chest. She didn't protest, only whimpering into his comforting embrace.

"How many months are you now?"

"Only 3. How did you figure it out?"

"I know you well enough to be aware of the fact that certain wrongs won't bother you too much unless you yourself have experienced it." (Y/n) put a hand over her stomach protectively.

"I won't let you do to him what you've done to them. They don't deserve this and neither does he." Karlheinz kissed her cheek and placed his hand over the one on her stomach.

"Then would you like to leave? I'm willing to provide the money and housing."

"What the catch?"

"That you'll always and only love me the same way I do, you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) promptly agreed to his terms and began to search for the boys' rooms to kiss them goodbye. Seemingly sensing this, the five of them appeared before her with sad faces.

"Why are you leaving?" Asked Kanato. He wiped a tear from his eye. While she wanted to tell them everything, there wasn't much time left in the night and she was getting tired.

"I'm going to give you a brother but I have to raise him somewhere else. Once he's about Shuu's age, I'll come back to see you all

"Can you bring him too? Ore-sama wants to meet him." (Y/n) smiled at the young Ayato and kissed his forehead. "Yes, I will." She gave the rest of the boys a loving kiss on each of their heads then began to make her way down the hall to find the little white-haired boy from dinner. She soon came upon a dark room in which he lay alone and cold.

"Hello?" He looked up at her briefly then shrunk back against the wall.

"You're the one that man was talking to earlier." The young woman nodded and sat next to him.

"I'm leaving tonight actually."

"Did he abandon you too?"

"No, I chose to leave because I want to raise my child somewhere else. I just wanted to know who you were before i left." The boy looked at her for a while then said that his name was Subaru. "Well Subaru, I'm (y/n). You won't get to know me now but in a few years, I'll come back with your brother and we can maybe have a talk. Would you like that?"

Subaru nodded, his once dull pink eyes shining with a sliver of hope. "Then make sure you stay alive till then. Ok?" He nodded once more and (y/n) finally left.