Jack & Jill

I looked up at the house and scowled angrily. I loved my job don't get me wrong. Loved it! But there was one thing I hated above everything.

"Are you sure you can make it stop? We love this house." Mrs. Mordant said. Mordant... didn't that mean rude or something?

"Of course. Your house is in good hands." Jack said placing his hand on my shoulder.

It was HIM I hated.

He was handsome, charming and everything. And I mean VERY handsome. Blonde white hair that was long in the front and swept to the side, mostly covering one of his eyes. His frosty blue eye and sharp jaw. All the women we met fell in love with him. Honestly I couldn't stand him.

I flexed my jaw and glared at the house. He knew I hated it when we promise things. We couldn't promise anything. Hell, the last place we went he promise he could stop the door from creaking, so we had to buy a brand new door! I was pissed! That money could have gone to our dinner! It wasn't like we were rich and the damn bastard was inviting to dinner at their house that night and everything. He did bring food back for me but that wasn't what I wanted. I wasn't some kind of hand out! Argh! He pissed me off so much.

Jack and Mrs. Mordant talked some more. The husband was entertaining the kids in the front. Two little girls and one boy who looked only 1 or 2. Just at the talking age.

I looked back at the house and then walked up to the toddler who was sitting in one of those roller chairs. He looked upset and kept pointing at the house.

"Hey there little guy." I said kindly. It was the most emotion you'd get out of me. And you'd only see it in front of children.

"Da da da! Puh!" The toddler said, then he grunted and bounce in his roller chair. Clearly upset.

"Are these guys bothering you?" I said pointing at the Minos who were pulling at him. There were only three and if I could compare them to anything it would little ugly dog like creature. No fur. Black holes for eyes and boney.

I pulled out a rosary and wrapped it around my hand and swatted the Minos away into nothing but a puff of smoke.

Babies were easy. They didn't remember anything.

Now the two little girls were a bit harder.

Only one of them had a Minos. Thank God it was only a Minos. I was afraid it was transform into a Graen. Those changed the child's personality. And sometimes the child wouldn't want them gone. Everyone has them. Sometime they're that bad thought or an unpleasant memory you couldn't remember were you had seen. Dark things. Scary things.

And that's precisely why Jack and I were here.

The house was an old Victorian with a wrap around porch, a large yard and a willow in the backyard. Perfect starter house for family.

Three weeks ago the Mordant family moved in and had some questions about the house. I guess there were stains on the walls of the bedroom that would come back when they left the room. Strange noises at night and their toddler would not go to sleep and was getting sick. The girls would sleep walk and the parents were worried for there safety.

"Not to worry. My partner and I have already started our work." Jack said leading the mother over to her child. She looked startled at first and then looked at me accusingly.

"Sweetie? Tommy? Tommy dear?" She called at her son.

"He's asleep." Jack explained, "Don't worry. My partner loves children. She probably just saved his life, right Rush?" Jack said to me, willing me to talk.