Chapter 7

"You're having a baby girl," she said.

I smiled, and so did everyone else in the room. I couldn't wait to tell David.

In a little while, the doctor walked in also.

"So you're 24 weeks along and your baby girl is looking good," she said, "now all we need to do is wait a little while longer so the phlebotomist can come in and draw your blood and you'll be all set to go."

I cringed, the thought of a needle going inside me didn't sit well with me.

After a short while, the phlebotomist came in to draw my blood and I was all set to go.

"I have a surprise for you," said my mom in the car after the appointment.

"What is it?" I asked.

"When we get home, I'll show it to you on my laptop."

When we got home, we logged onto her laptop and she showed me the template for my baby shower invitations.

"Wow mom, they look awesome!" I said.

"I wanted to wait until we found out the gender before I chose a color scheme but now I'm thinking shades of pink for the baby girl."

"That's perfect," I said, "I love you mom."

"I love you too, honey."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, I went to Home Depot with my dad to pick out the perfect shade of pink for the nursery. We haven't gotten anything for the baby yet but we at least want to get started on the nursery. I decided on a pretty pastel pink and my dad did the painting for me in the room right next door to mine. Everything was coming together so perfectly, I can't wait to tell David all about it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're having a girl!" I said to David.

"No way, really?"

"Yes, and we painted the nursery," I said.

"What are we naming her?" he asked.

"I guess it's between Julianne Bianca or Nicolette Camille," i said.

"At least we've narrowed it down," he said, "it'll be much easier to decide."

"I can't wait for her to be born," I said.

"Me too, I really want to meet her."

"You will, I'll bring her here too if you're still locked up by the time she's born."

He smiled, "good, I can't wait to see her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Thanksgiving. The doorbell rang. I opened it to see David's parents.

"Come on in," I said.

They joined us at the dinner table, just in time for dinner.

I take a large spoonful of stuffing and put it on my plate. This reminded me of thanksgiving last year when David was still here to celebrate with us.

"That's a lot of stuffing," Tiffany pointed out.

"Hey, it's my favorite and I'm pregnant."

"What's the plan with your birth anyways?" she asked.

"Hospital and epidural, super basic."

"Seems easy enough."

"I hope so, I just hope there are no complications with it that'll cause me to have a c-section."