{REINA - THE SPRING - 2ND MINI ALBUM}

COMEBACK DATE: May 3rd 2019

About the album

The Spring is Reina's second album ever since her solo debut, LJ of Zenith and Taemin along with Reina produced this album together after her successful debut. This album is perfect for the spring, whether you have a significant other to enjoy the spring or you're just by yourself. This album features songs that are suitable for either one.

TRACKLIST

The Spring ft. Taemin

"The Spring" is Reina's title track, it sounds like nothing less than a French song. That may be because of the instrumentation.  It's about love and loneliness. Reina has a very pretty singing voice, and it really comes out in tracks like this one. While it's not particularly emotional in this track, it's appropriate, more representing idle thoughts than depressing ones. 

First Farewell

"First Farewell" is a duet between her and Lee Ji-Hoon, and it ends up being a rather tepid affair. It's meant to be upbeat and happy, but it really is rather bland and unremarkable. I've heard a lot of these, and the best I can say about this song is that it is just okay. It's nothing special. And that's a shame, coming as it does right after a sweetly sung title track. 

First Love

"First Love." Is a jaunty, upbeat soft rock piece. Very middle of the road as far as rock n roll goes, but here it's a breath of fresh air.  Her voice here is pretty incredible, soaring all over the track. Happy and majestic at the same time, this song really pops. 

Full Moon

"Full Moon" is where Reina gets really emotional. There's some tender desperation, not to mention a single moment where her voice goes stratospheric. It's a gorgeous ballad, and Reina proves she has the pipes to handle it. She goes from gentle to grandiose, and it's a wondrous sound. Not to mention that she had songwriting duties on this track. Very well done. 

The Spring (Piano Ver.)

[A/N: I got so busy oof I'm sorry I'm only posting it now~ LJ's radio appearance will be postponed till the 10th, tomorrow will be Noir's comeback!]