Vernon

twitter: @/asysvt

---

You yawned and turned to the side. You grabbed your phone and switched it on to check the time. 8:28 PM. It read. You widened your eyes and sat up. I slept for that long?! You thought as you made your way downstairs. It may be 8 at night but all the lights were on.

You smiled, knowing that your boyfriend, Vernon, is still awake. You waddled to the kitchen with your phone in hand. There you saw your handsome boyfriend leaning on the counter, scrolling through his phone. He was wearing a white tshirt that was a lot bigger than him and some pajamas.

You wlked over to him and saw that he was heating up a bag of popcorn in the micdowave. As you were looking at the popcorn, his eyes landed on you.

"Ah, babe, you're finally awake." He said while giving you a hug. You smiled and nuzzled your face into his collarbone. "What's the popcorn for?" You asked as you looked up at him.

"I'm gonna watch a horror film." He said confidently. Though, knowing Vernon, he screams at all the horror films you two have watched and he never manages to sleep at night unless you cuddle with him.

"Are you sure? I don't want you to have nightmares." You pouted like the worried little girlfriend you are. He smiled and patted your head lightly. "It's okay babe. I can handle myself."

Ding!

"Oh look! The popcorn is done." He pulled away from the hug and reached over to the popcorn. As he touched it with his bare hands, he retrieved his hand immediately. The popcorn was still in the microwave.

"Hot hot!" He blowed onto his hand, specifically the part where he got burned. You sighed and walked over to the freezer and grabbed an ice pack. You then went to Vernon and positioned the ice pack on top of the small burn.

"It might sting a little.." You said to him and pressed the ice pack onto the burn. He hissed in pain as you kept pressing the ice pack onto his burn.

After a while, the ice has semi-melted and you took off the ice pack off his hand. He sighed in relief as you placed the ice pack back inside the fridge for future use. Then, you grabbed an oven mit and grabbed the popcorn, bringing it to a bowl and transferring it there.

As you placed down the oven mit, you felt Vernon hug you tight from behind. "What would I do without my baby~" He sang. You chuckled, "You won't even live for an hour alone in this household. Now let go of me, we have a horror film to watch." You grabbed the bowl of popcorn and walked to the living room.

You plopped down on the couch once you placed the bowl of popcorn on the coffee table in front of you and started to get comfortable. Grabbing your pillows and covering yourself with a fuzzy blanket. Gosh it's perfect.

Vernon sat down beside you and pouted. "Can we share the blanket? It's so warm and fuzzy." You chuckled at your boyfriend and nodded, letting him in your arms and in the blanket.

You were basically hugging him but you were holding the blanket too. Keeping you both warm.

Vernon played the film and braced himself for the scary scenes. You on the other hand, wanted to watch him scream in terror.

---

It was halfway through the movie and Vernon doesn't look like he's scared at all. Heck, you didn't hear a simple scream from him.

He must've gotten used to it. You thought. He was even eating casually like this movie was about romance or something.

He looked up at you and tossed the popcorn into his mouth. "What?" He asked. You shook your head. "Nothing, just watch." You said, turning to the screen.

Hansol's POV

I know I look like I'm not scared in front of (Y/n) but on the inside.. I'm terrified..

I don't want to look like I'm a scaredy cat whem I'm with her. I also want to prove that I can be brave...!

She probably thinks that I'm not scared right now.. Good. I just need to stay like this until.. We sleep..

This is gonna harder than I thought..

Back to your POV

The film finally ended and Vernon hasn't shown a single sign of being scared which actually shocked you.

You let him go and started to clean up. You washed the dishes while Vernon was fixing the blankets and pillows. You two met up in the bedroom once you two were finished.

You hopped onto the bed and Vernon followed you after. His head rested on your shoulder and his body on your arm. You quickly gave his forehead a small peck before saying, "Goodnight sweetie."

He smiled and nuzzled into your collarbone before dozing off to sleep. You played with his hair for a bit before drifting to sleep as well.

Time skip...

You woke up to someone poking your stomach lightly. You looked down at Vernon and saw him wide awake, poking your tummy.

"Vernonie? Why are you still awake?" You asked softly. He looked up at you and blushed in embarrassment. "I.. Can't sleep.."

You smiled. "It's about the horror film.. Isn't it?" You cupped his cheek with your free hand and he nodded shyly.

"Get up here." You chuckled and he immediately complied. You gave him a quick peck on his cheek and started soothing him, "You can sleep now Vernonie.. You're safe in my arms.. No one is gonna hurt you.."

He nuzzled into my neck and slowly drifted off to sleep. You felt him breathing against your skin and it was normal. Meaning he isn't scared anymore.

Just like last time, you played with his hair before drifting to sleep with your little baby Vernon in your arms.

---

🎀the ending was inspired by my dream hehe
🎀i dreamt of me sulking because yoosung kept playing lolol and we ended up cuddling like in this imagine (mystic messenger tingzz)
🎀i feel like i poured all my uwus in this imagine (lol i just did)
🎀1041 words

~ysa