Chapter 13

A/N: Things from this point on should be a bit different. It is hopefully going to get some of that old playful vibe back where Lauren and Camila find themselves back in similar situations. Normani will be making an appearance again in the next chapter. So will a few other characters we haven't gotten much from lately. All will be chaos and fun.

Thank you for reading. I hope you enjoy.

~/~/~/~

"She's pacing," Michelle mumbled as she sat on a bench, her eyes following the slowly pacing Lauren in front of her and Camila. "She's pacing... still." Camila, on the other hand, was not at all confused or unsettled by the seemingly out of character behaviour. Instead, she sat with her arm braced on the back of the bench, running her fingers through her own hair and lightly bouncing her leg which was crossed over the other. She waited patiently as Lauren ran over every detail, trying to determine where to start.

When the photographer would finally choose, she would let out a long breath, turn to face them, and upon seeing both women sitting there, would second guess herself and resume her pacing.

"Lauren?"

Lauren stopped where she stood, eyes wide in question, hands held together at waist level from her nervous rubbing of them. "Hmm?" The brunette tilted her head towards Michelle. Lauren moved her eyes to her daughter then back to Camila, nodding her head. "I know." She began walking again. "I know. I just... don't know how to do this. And it's not that I don't want to." She assured Michelle directly.

Stopping her wife from going into another ramble, Camila raised the index finger on her free hand. "Can I make a suggestion?" Lauren nodded frantically while Michelle just waited, slightly frustrated with how difficult it was proving to get an answer to a simple question. Ariana didn't have this much trouble telling her about Camila and all the emotions she went through. "I suggest we take Michelle back to the studio so she can finish up her day helping Kim and Adrianne. We can keep our promise to the boys and you," She pointed to Lauren, "can actually have this discussion with Michelle tonight once you have gotten your thoughts in order. Because she deserves to know and you need to be the one to tell her. And this conversation isn't going anywhere at the moment."

"It hasn't even started." Michelle retorted in disbelief.

"It was in her head though," Camila explained, patting the teenager's leg. "She's trying to plan the whole thing out. So, stop," She added, turning her attention to her wife again, standing up to indicate they were all leaving now, "hold my hand, and let's try this again later. Shall we?"

~/~/~/~

Kim was sitting at her desk looking over the latest version of Adrianne's order for the month. The photographer had already changed it twice and before Kim made the effort to actually look up the product codes, she figured she might as well ask one more time if there was anything else. Michelle had done the exact opposite of Camila's suggestion and put herself right between the couple, acting as a go-between. It was stressful going back and forth so many times but she found it much, much, much less stressful than standing there as they bickered. It was less awkward as well.

Kim looked up at the clock on the wall and shifted her glasses before getting up, paper in hand.
"Adrianne, do you know why Michelle is late getting back from...?" The need for an answer left her.

Adrianne was glancing over her shoulder to her wife, camera at the ready, mid-picture, with all of the kids posed and smiling in front of a marbled blue background. Gabriel was sitting on a short stool so his feet touched the ground with Maddy on his lap. Julian was next to him, standing with one hand on his brother's shoulder and the other on Aubrey's who was slightly in front of him.