Author's Foreword/Disclaimer

Melinar, the Stonemason is one of twelve shorts from an anthology collection in mine and my father's epic fantasy universe, Legends of Kalda®.  Each of the stories in that anthology are a precursor to our main series, Tales of the Amulet, predating the serie's first novel A Prince's Errand.  The purpose of the anthology is to expand our worldbuilding by highlighting aspects of our fictional universe that are unique or otherwise pertinent to the overall story of our main series.  Each of these stories has a central theme upon which its based, with other interconnected themes woven together.

In Melinar's story you'll get to explore something called "mis'thralim," while also getting insight into magical devices called tevisrals, and glimpses of the geopolitical nature of Kalda.  You'll also learn a little more about one of the main characters in the Tales of the Amulet series (read and found out exactly who).

This is the fourth publication I've uploaded to Wattpad, and two other stories from the anthology will be featured alongside Melinar's story, most likely Zanxsthy'll, the Spy and Gigaus, the Sorter.

I divided Melinar's story into 6 parts, each roughly 1,000 words each, with a short conclusion at the end.  It is my first attempt at really short fiction.

I hope you enjoy it.  Feel free to leave comments and feedback.

Sincerely,

Robert Zangari

Disclaimer

This is currently a "work in progress", and is not the final edition that will be published commercially. This version of the excerpt from Untold Tales of Kalda: The Anthology Collection is a "raw" edition, it doesn't include any changes made by my editor. There probably won't be many changes to the story, but there will be a lot of polishing to the grammar, sentence structure, etc.I'll eventually be posting sections as I finish them. I'm using Wattpad as a means to get some feedback from my beta-readers and people like you who are reading my works for the first time.

Suggestions are welcomed, but by offering feedback you waive all rights to those suggestions and waive all rights to compensation for your help. I love hearing from my readers and receiving feedback. It is extremely beneficial. That's why I've decided to post these sections as I write them.

For more information, you can follow me on Facebook at under the username: robert.zangari I can't post links to Facebook inside this file, but you can easily find me under that username. You can also visit our website to keep up to date on the current progress of the upcoming novels and short-stories: www.LegendsofKalda.com. Also, subscribe to our newsletter to be updated on all our future publications: LegendsofKalda.com/tlb.html . When you subscribe you also get a free ebook, so be sure to sign up.

Legends of Kalda®

UNTOLD TALES OF KALDA: THE ANTHOLOGY COLLECTION

Melinar, the Stonemason

Copyright ©2019 Dan Zangari & Robert Zangari

All rights reserved.

All characters in this book are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

This book is protected under the copyright laws of the United States of America. Any reproduction or unauthorized use of the material contained herein is prohibited without the express written permission of the authors.

Legends of Kalda and Tales of the Amulet are registered trademark owned by the creators and authors of this work.

All Legends of Kalda characters, character names, and the distinctive likeness thereof are trademarks owned by the creators and authors of this fantasy franchise.

Authors' Note:

Pre-order your copy of A Prince's Errand , Book One of TALES OF THE AMULET over on Backerkit and receive all the exclusive bonuses available to our backers on Kickstarter: https://a-princes-errand.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

You can also purchase my previously published works that are currently not available anywhere else.

Pre-order availability coming soon to all major retailers.