Prologue

The sound of ringing in his ears and Pólemos in the distance was the only thing Walter could hear. His entire body felt numb, but mostly his face. He laid within the pile of rubble that used to be the helicopter he was on. Walter knew that Hannah and Galaxy had survived, but he was glad that Harley was now dead, or at least he thought Harley was dead. The last he saw of Harley, he fired one of his energy orbs at him and it burned his face, melting the flesh off one side and causing one eye to go blind. He continued to lay there, not moving, until the rain came back and cooled him off. When the ringing in his ears stopped, he heard his army shout "WE SURRENDER!" and Lizens shout "THEY SURRENDERED! VICTORY!"
What? They surrendered to that feather mane? Walter asked himself in his thoughts as he pushed what remained of the helicopter he was in off of him. He was beyond the fence so he couldn't run back in, but he could hear everyone and see smoke rising with Pólemos. It hurt to stand, but Walter still wandered away from the wreckage to lay back down in a safer location.
"That stupid feather mane and his friends, they've ruined everything!" Walter quietly complained to himself.
"I swear one day I will have his head!" He continued before adding "And the pink one's too."
He curled his tail around his face and waited for the pain to go away, continuing to think about everything that happened and how much he hated Roscuroe. He then thought about his life before the outlaw of feather manes, winged, and sorcerers. Walter was close friends with Roscuroe's parents and was invited into their home several times. He wanted to help them raise Roscuroe and gave them supplies for him. Walter felt a sense of regret by thinking about it, he had Brandon killed, captured Celia, and attempted to kill Roscuroe, the one he once promised to protect and help raise. Walter then thought about the benefits he got for seeking out them and other feather manes and sorcerers. He was in command of the Lizen Rehab in Edmonton, the capital of Alberta, until now. He set the Rehab on fire in attempt to kill Roscuroe, Harley, Galaxy, the egg, and whoever else was inside. He then wondered if anyone still in there survived the fire. Walter then managed to fall asleep, a dreamless sleep.
When he awoke again, the pain on his face was less painful and it no longer was painful to stand and walk. It was still raining, but it was the next day. He got up, brushed the soot and dirt off his coat, and decided to search for anyone who may have survived the fire in the Rehab. He climbed the fence, scraping his ankle on the barbed wire and not landing correctly on the other side. Despite this, he headed across what used to be the training field, noticing that the bodies had been removed already. There were large Lizen footprints in the mud from where Pólemos stood. Once he reached the remains of the Rehab, he crawled inside and navigated through the partially collapsed building. He made clicking noises to alert anyone who may be inside about his presence. Once he reached an open area, he stood back up on two legs and looked around the dark room, the only light source being a small hole in the roof and the light peeking through the rubble behind him. It was easier for him to see in the dark now that he only had to let one eye adjust. It was his old laboratory where he made and tested the mind control headsets and collars. Walter wasn't surprised that most of it was intact, the room was very fireproof, but there was no more electricity. He noticed on the table next to him one of the mind control collars that he used to use on all the Lizens kept there before he came up with the headsets, which were easier to maintain and connect to. He grabbed it and switched the switch to 'on' as the small red lights lit up around it.
"It still works." Walter whispered to himself as he turned it back off. He thought he could possibly use it later on, if he found any surviving Lizens still inside the Rehab. Suddenly he heard claws clicking on the floor and scraping the walls.
"Hey! Who's there!" Walter exclaimed as he readied himself to fight. Suddenly the claws clicking on the floor became faster and he heard breathing. He cautiously wandered towards where he was hearing the clicking when suddenly something grabbed him and shouted "I COULDN'T ESCAPE FAST ENOUGH AND NOW I'M TRAPPED!"
Walter jumped as he wasn't expecting whoever it was to grab him by the shoulders like that. As Walter's eye adjusted again, he noticed it was another Lizen, female and navy blue with some black and lighter blue who was wearing the blue outfit every captive Lizen wore. She wasn't wearing her headset though. She then fell to the floor and curled up into a ball and started shivering.
"You survived the fire?" Walter asked the Lizen. She lifted her head up and looked at Walter again. Suddenly she jumped onto all fours and shouted "YOUR FACE! HALF OF IT IS MISSING!"
"That was because of some feral feather mane." Walter explained to the Lizen.
"Wait, Walter?" The Lizen asked as she slowly stood back up.
"Yes, it is me, your master." Walter responded to the Lizen.
"It's me, Blue, do you know where the others are?" The Lizen asked again, quickly looking around her.
"They betrayed us and defeated my army." Walter answered Blue's second question.
"They really did?" Blue asked again. Walter then frowned, grabbed Blue, and tugged her closer to him.
"You aren't one of them, are you?" Walter asked Blue aggressively.
"N-no of course not!" Blue stuttered and smiled with a nervous look on her face. Walter then let go of her and quickly snapped on the collar around her neck and switched it to 'on'.
"Of course you aren't like them, you still work for me." Walter told Blue as she regained the same dead look as every Lizen under his mind control had.
"You are my master." Blue spoke with a dead voice.
"Correct, everyone else may be gone but I still have you." Walter said as he headed towards where he kept more of the collars and collected them into the knapsack that he kept beside the bin. He was now determined to rebuild his army mostly to get revenge on Roscuroe for everything he had done to him.