08 - Wreath Wrapped Daughter

;you;

  I went to sleep with Luke in his bed that night. None of the other campers cared though.

  I snuggled into Luke's chest and he kissed my forehead. "Sweet dreams."

--

  I woke up to my hair puffed up, my eyes foggy, and shirt half way up my torso. Adding onto that, a softly snoring blonde boy was hugging my waist

  I poked Luke in the head. He wouldn't wake up.

  I looked towards some of his cabinmates that sat in their beds, looking at us. "How do you guys get this boy up in the morning, jeez," I complained.

  One boy named Travis Stoll (who had a twin named Conner Stoll) spoke up. "He never sleeps, he just lays in bed restless and never gets tired. He'll take naps sometimes. You actually helped the zombie."

  "You mean I've been sleeping with a zombie boy for almost a week and this is the first time he actually has fallen asleep?"

  Travis nodded, laughing.

  I groaned, trying to pry Luke's hands off of me but he was so deep into sleep that his grip started to tighten.

  Renee then walked into the cabin and delivered me clothes, even though I had just bought some.

  "I would've had the Stoll's get your clothes but I didn't trust them so--" Renee cut herself off and huffed, looking at Luke clinging to my waist. She gave me the stink eye and dropped my clothes on Luke's head.

  I quickly pulled them off of his head and put them on my lap.

  Travis snickered. "Beauty Queen never likes seeing her 'man' getting taken." He slipped on his flying shoes and sat there, watching as Luke breathed silently. "I just want to tell you something, Y/n. About Luke."

  I furrowed my eye brows. "What about Luke?"

  "If you do love him the way he loves you, don't let him go. His heart can't take it. Not now."

  "What do you mean by--" Travis had left. Walked out. Ignored me completely.

  I face palmed. Luke was still wrapped around my waist and we were alone in the cabin.

  I heard a quiet groan. I looked beside me to see Luke waking up, rubbing his eyes.

  He looked at me in his arms and smiled. "That was the best sleep I've had in months..."

  I laughed. "You mean the only sleep you've had in months?"

  "Travis!" He yelled. Oops.

  I struggled out of his grip. "I'm getting changed, I won't leave, I promise."

  He nodded and let me go. I wish he didn't need to. But, I filed into the bathroom anyways.

--

  Clarisse stole me from Luke. Funny thing that she stole from one of Hermes's son.

  We walked through the strawberry feilds, few Demeter boys grinning and winking at me. Every so often a cabin number would slip into the back pockets of my ripped jeans. Lucky for the Demeter kids, Luke was nowhere to be found.

  Then, me and Clarisse reached the beach. I watched as the waves rippled onto the sand.

  "We're training here," Clarisse told me, pulling out her electric spear.

  I pulled my synth out from my n/w/h sleeve. Clarisse immediately rushed me, missing my shoulders when trying to stab me there often, while I hopped around.

  Then I tried something that I'd been wondering about for a while.

  I placed two hands on my synth and I heard the ground grumble. Kids from other cabins started watching. Mr. D and Chiron came out and Mr. D walked over to me as grape vines tangled around my feet, then my legs, then my torso, then my arms until it hit the blade of my synth. All the vines loosely fell and a spark of purple glow sparked my blade.

  Mr. D looked at me and held my arm tightly. "All hail daughter of Dionysus!"

  My clothes turned into a tight purple dress that puffed out at the waist line and stopped before my knees. My hair was put up/let down [into a bun/ponytail]. An ivy-leaf wreath wrapped around my head loosely. Where the leather wrapping used to be, vines wrapped my synth handle.

  I looked through the crowd. Demeter boys had hearts in their eyes, other Dionysus kids smiled brightly, Ares kids looked a bit relieved, Apollo kids just stood their, some slightly smiling, Aphrodite kids groaned, Hephestus kids snickered, Athena kids rolled their eyes, walking away, and then there was the Hermes kids. They looked sad to send me off to a new cabin but Luke was totally devastated. He stood there like his whole world dropped.

  Mr. D smiled at me. "You shall make yourself at home in Cabin 12 with Castor and Pollux as my only daughter for now!"

  I blushed across my face, nose and red tinted my ears. I never liked attention, especially this much.

  Luke looked at me one more time with sad puppy dog eyes before walking away in some kind of heartbreak.

  Now that I was claimed, I would never be let go by Dionysus. Luke wouldn't get to kiss me as the world fell because of Kronos' ruling.

--