Chapter 9

Zayn's POV

Two hours. Two hours I've been running around chasing after a girl who's name I don't even know. Two hours of a chase. I'm the cat and she's the mouse.

I walked to the bar and ordered a drink. I was tired of looking for Sticky Fingers but I knew that I wasn't going to leave this party without at least her name.

I was waiting for my drink when i felt someones presence beside me. Niall was sitting on one of the bar stools fiddling with his glass. He looked kind of down.

"You ok mate?" He turned around in surprise. Looks like he hadn't seen me. Noticing that it was only me he sighed and didn't meet my gaze.

"Just dandy." I frowned. It wasn't normal to see Niall all down in the dumps. He was usually the life of the party, dancing like a mad man and singing drunkenly to Michael Buble. Something terrible must have happened for him to be like this.

"Are you sure? You look pretty down." He sighed and met my gaze.

"Her name's Eve." I looked at him confused. What the hell was he talking about? Noticing my confused expression he rolled his eyes.

"Sticky Fingers. Thats her name. Now go find her." He then stood up and left. I just stood there my mouth hanging open in surprise. Slowly a smile spread across my face.

So that was her name.

I chuckled and scanned the crowd for a certain person. I saw her with her back turned to me. I aproached her slowly and when I was just behind I leaned in close to her ear.

"Got you." I whispered, my uneven breath breezing past her slender neck.

Eve's POV

I turned around quickly and was greeted by a smirking Zayn. His eyes twinkled mischeviously. I tried to walk away but saw that it was a dead end.

No escape.

I sighed and turned to look at Zayn. Crossing my arms in front of my chest, I looked up at him.

"What do you want?" He only smiled down at me. What was making him so happy?

"Hello? Earth to Zayn?" I waved my hand in front of his face and his smile only grew. When he said nothing I tried to side step him but he didn't let me through.

"If you'll excuse me, I have better things to do than stare at your smiling face." Before I could walk past him, he grabbed my arm and spun me around.

His golden eyes bore into mine and I couldn't help but feel my knees start to buckle under his gaze.

"Where are you going Eve?"

I froze. How did he find out? No one knew. No one knew except...

I yanked my arm out of his grip and looked through the crowd. I quickly spotted her sitting alone at a booth. By the time I made it to where she was sitting, I was blinded with fury. Sam shot up and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"How could you?!"

"Eve please let me-" Sam started, taking a step towards me. Well, I couldn't have that, now could I?

"No! I trusted you Sam! I thought we were best friends. I don't want to hear it. You know what? Don't take another step! I don't want to see your face ever again!" I shouted, stopping her strides. I calmed down and said finally, "Just leave me alone."

And with those last words, I stormed out of the ball into the cold night.

Niall's POV

I saw her sitting alone at one of the booths. But before I could approach her someone beat me to it. Eve.

Sam tried to say something but was cut short by her best friend. She looked sad and when Eve turned around and left she sat down her face buried in her hands.

"Sam-" She turned around her eyes full of anger and hurt.

"This is all you're fault! If it weren't for you none of this would have happened! I would still have my best friend and someone who cares about me and my first kiss and, and...' She started punching my chest with each word she said.

The tears were rolling down her cheeks and I felt bad for her. She was right; it was my fault. If i hadn't told Zayn Sticky Fingers' name she wouldn't have gotten mad at Sam. And Sam wouldn't be crying her eyes out.

I put my arms around Sam and pulled her into my chest. She continued to sob, her face buried in my chest. I stroked her hair trying to calm her down.

"Shh, it's ok, I'm here, shh." After a while she pulled away. Her eyes met mine and I felt like she was looking into my soul. I put a hand on her cheek and stroked it with my thumb.

She didn't break my gaze.

"Did you tell Zayn?" At a loss of words, I just nodded. She turned her head away and started to get out of her chair.

"Sam wait, please listen-"

"No, you listen. Thanks to you, my best friend hates me. Do you know what that feels like? Apparently you don't because if you did you would have never opened your big mouth!" Her words were harsh but true.

"I'm sorry Sam. I never meant to cause any harm. I was just trying to help my friend."

"I know why you did it. But what you did was wrong, Niall." Sam turned around and left, losing herself in the crowd. I sighed and made my way to the boys.

"Niall wassup my man!" Harry yelled drunkenly. I just nodded and sat down next to Liam.

"You alright, Niall?"

"Never better."

=============================================

Chapter 9!

Aww sad Niall:(

Im still updating from my ipod so sorry for this boring chapter...

I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CANNOT LIE

Random outburst... Sorry hehe *awkward silence*

ANYWAY im sick and feel like crap-.- and i dont like updating from my ipod either... So im ranting about it in my authors note! :D

Yeah boring i know.

You know whats cooler than jello. I GAINED LIKE 500 READS IN ONE FREAKING DAY! WHAT THE FROG???

You guys are awesome

Dedication to @Breanee i didnt think i was anyones type of funny hehe :)

So thats all thank you for all the votes and comments i love them<3

Tell me something below im bored:)

Xoxo gossip girl

Erika the cat with hippy glasses✌