58.

[A/N: Finally an update! Two more chapters to go and it's finished...]

Caity

Huntington Beach

Los Angeles, California

November 2010

I couldn't wait to see Austin again. It had been two weeks since I'd last seen him, on a party of one of his friends. This weekend we would stay in and just spent some time together. He had promised me that it would just be the two of us, but as soon as I reached his door I could already hear multiple voices coming through and I sighed. It bummed me out, because I'd had a very long and difficult week at work, and I had driven all the way up here after a ten hour shift today just to spend two days with Austin before heading back to Stanford for another busy day of work. I didn't feel like socializing, so I already dreaded being around whoever was in there besides Austin.

I bit my lip and knocked the door, frowning when the voices yelled at the same time and someone opened the door before speeding back inside. I just stared at the open door for a moment, getting in hesitantly and dropping my bag to the floor.

'Hey Jax, I hope you brought beer with you,' Austin said while he was sat on the ground, leaning his back against the couch and focussing on his video game. 'Shayley! Fuck off!' He laughed and tried to shoot Shayley down on screen, but didn't succeed. I scraped my throat a bit.

'Well, guess you will be disappointed to see that I am not Jaxin and I didn't bring any beer with me,' I said, already very annoyed. Three pair of eyes looked at me in surprise and Austin's smile faltered off his face.

'Cait?' He frowned a bit, paused the game and put his controller away, jumping up and coming over to me. 'What are you doing here?'

'Yeah, I was actually wondering the same thing, Austin,' I snapped at him. He cupped my face and wanted to kiss me, but I turned away from him. I was so annoyed that he obviously didn't seem to remember our little date for this weekend but had Shayley and Phil over for a guy's night.

'What's wrong?,' he asked, lingering his fingers on my arm before he let his hand fall next to his body. He seemed to be a bit tipsy, and when I looked behind him I spotted empty beer bottles on the table and the floor.

'Nothing,' I muttered, turning around. I wanted to leave and go home, and be on my own for two whole days and forget about Austin like he obviously did with me. It wasn't the first time he had forgotten a date with me, and it killed me.

'Why are you here?,' he asked again, walking up to the kitchen to grab some more beer.

'Because we were supposed to hang out together,' I answered, shaking my head when he offered me a beer. 'But if you're busy, I'll just go...'

'No, please. Stay? I love having you around!'

'Obviously,' I sighed, rolling my eyes.

'Cait, you wanna play a videogame with us?,' Phil asked, accepting a beer from Austin.

'I don't even know how to play,' I said, shaking my head. Austin took my hand and pulled me towards him, kissing my head.

'I'll teach you, come on.'

'I don't think I can –'

'Don't be so lame, sit down,' Shayley ordered me. I stared at him and then got pushed unto the couch by Austin, being handed a controller.