Doctor (imagine for yadaschreijer)

Start from the beginning

"You walked from school? I'm just gonna see what I can do,"

She went to the back and made a phone call, giving me time to check my bandages. The bleeding hadn't got worse, but I was in surely trouble; either with my mum, the doctor, or both.

"Okay, is your original doctor is too busy but Dr.Clifford is free. He was about to leave but he said he could squeeze you in,"

"Thankyou,"

Her head turned as a man walked round the corner, standing next to me.

"Is this my patient?" he grinned, resting his hand on my back as she nodded, "right this way. My friends all got packed up so would it be okay if they sat in the room?"

"I guess,"

"Great, I'll loads up your files and we'll go from there. Do you want to sit on the bed for me?"

He opened the door to reveal an exam room, three other doctors in the corner. They all looked up from their phone, smiling at me.

"That's Calum, Luke and Ashton,"

"And that's Michael," Luke said, slipping his phone into his pocket. I sat on the bed and looked down, my stomach starting to feel funny.

Michael hummed, looking at my file before getting Ashton over to see.

"You've not visited for five years, how come?"

"Mum hasn't brought me,"

"Alright, well let's start with the hard stuff. Stand against that wall for me," Michael said, taking my height. I looked down, trying to hide my worry but when he pushed my chin up he saw.

"You don't need to be nervous," he said quietly, "what if Calum held your hand?"

"I'm fine,"

"Are you sure? You can be scared, I don't mind,"

"I'm fine,"

I got on the scales and waited as the numbers rose, Luke furrowing his eyebrows as he looked at me.

"How old are you?"

"15,"

"You're quite small for your age, do you eat three full meals a day?"

"Yeah," I lied, Calum seeing straight through it. He didn't question me, but he gave me a look.

Ashton came back with a small tray while Michael got the stethoscope, coming closer to me. I shifted nervously and shook my head.

"It can't hurt you, it helps me check your breathing," he said, sitting me up straight. Ashton sat next to me and let me hold his hand while I took deep breaths for Michael. I did me some good, my lungs begging for air, but made me very uncomfortable.

He raised his arm and I flinched, briefly squeezing my eyes shut but playing off as a yawn.

"I take it you don't do high fives very often?"