Part 24

Your point of view:

"So Five, you were a hitman and Eight was your partner?" Luther asks while moving to sit down.
"Yes." Five replied simply, knowing there was no need to deny the truth anymore, especially after that explanation.
"You had a code right?" Luther continued to question.
"No code."
"What about innocent people?"
"We had to kill anyone who impacted the timeline." Five explained.
"We had no choice. It was the only way." I contribute.
"Yes, the only way we could get back here."
"But that's murder." Luther says, stating the obvious as usual.
"Jesus, Luther, grow up. We're not kids anymore. There's no such thing as good guys or bad guys. There's just people going about their lives..but when the world ends all those people die. Including our family. Time changes everything."
Luther looks at us with an expression on his face that quite honestly makes him look dumb. He doesn't seem to be capable of understanding that this is bigger than we are, than he is. To kill those people was the lesser of two evils as well it was either that or allow everyone too die in an apocalypse with a cause which is currently unknown to us. But obviously whatever it was was powerful.. capable of causing a lot of destruction.

—later in the day—

Five and I walk through the empty halls of our childhood house approaching the hallway of rooms.
"Oh, boy." We hear Klaus say, almost whisper as we stand near his door. I look down the corridor to notice bloody footsteps coming from the bathroom down the hall.
Five walks up to the room and knocks.
"You okay?"
"Hey...yeah, just. Long night."
"More than one from the looks of it." Five responds, chuckling as he does so.
"Yeah."
"Don't remember the dog tags." Five says.
It's obvious that Klaus time travelled. The first time time travelling sucks. We should know and most definitely should recognise the symptoms.
"Yeah they belonged to a friend." He says, sounding sad at the mention of them.
"Nice tattoo." I say as Five grins smugly having figured out already what Klaus was trying to avoid telling us.
"You know, I don't totally remember even getting it. Like I said, it was a long night." Klaus says, trying to play this all off as him getting high and drunk off his head and going out to do dumb shit. Not buying it.
"Where'd you go? Or should I say when?" I ask calmly while stepping into the room.
"I don't know what you're talking about."
"You know, I can recognise the symptoms Klaus." Five says. Well obviously he can. We both went through it many times.
"Symptoms of what?"
"You know what Klaus." I quickly respond.
"Jet lag, full body itch, headache that feels like someone shoved a box of cotton up into your nose and through your brain.You gonna tell me about it?" Five presses.
"Your pals, when they broke into the house and they couldn't find you, they took me hostage instead."
"And in return you stole their briefcase." Five laughs.
"Yeah. I thought there was money in it, or I could pawn it, you know whatever...and then I opened it."
"And the next thing you knew.. insert my question from earlier." I say.
"What difference does it make?" Klaus asks, again avoiding answering. Damn it Klaus.
"What diff- uh okay. How long were you gone?"
"Almost a year." Klaus answers while sighing.
"A year?" Yes Five. That's what he said. Hey, if I'm not gonna speak let me internally respond.
"Do you know what this means?"
"Yeah, I'm ten months older now." Klaus says carelessly.
"No, this isn't any sort of joke Klaus. Hazel and Cha-Cha will do anything they can to get the briefcase. Where is it now?" Five asks before scanning the room with his eyes.
"Gone, I destroyed it. Poof."
Oh here we go.
"What the hell were you thinking?" Five hisses.
"What do you care?" Klaus raises his voice slightly, a very rare thing.. well a rare thing when it's aggressive at least.
"What do I care. We needed it you moron, so we could get back. I could start over."
"Just..just." Klaus stands.
"Five, he didn't know.. and he's not okay his emotions.."
"Look, interrogation is over." Klaus walks out.
"Where are you going?"
"It's over, just... leave."

Word count: 735
I'm back again. I'm not gonna say when I'll next write but I do plan on it possibly being tomorrow.
I'm also sorry for all the speech in this.. oops..
Thanks for reading.I love you all and once again apologise for the long wait. See you all next time I hope :))

-Lucy